Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
    Armenian, you are a myopic sophomore.
    I suggest you put away the thesaurus before you make more of an ass out of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
      It's not a matter of knowing what I'm talking about, it's simply a matter of being 'aware' of what is around you. I am amazed at how simple minded and shallow the majority of people are, even the highly educated ones. I wanted the authorities to crack down hard on the rebellion the very day after the election. I knew there was a high chance for some thing like this to happen. How did I know this? Do I posses extraordinary intelligence? No. I was simply paying attention to what they were saying from their podiums..
      Yeah it was obvious levon wouldn't stop until there was some bloodshed. However me personally did not expect this to happen a couple months ago. When levon announced his candidacy I thought that he wouldn't have this big of a following. I thought Armenia was a relatively stable country but now I understand what you meant when you said that Armenians are the greatest danger to Armenia.

I would only want to see the punishment/public hanging of Levon and his team. The people, are people. However, I would not make any excuses for the rioting idiots because they lived through the Levon years, they should know better. I wonder how many of them would say they lived better under Levon than they do now? I don't have much respect or warm feeling towards perhaps 1/3 of the population there. They have proven to be sheeple. Yes, they have all the excuses to want change. But change at what expense and in the name of who? A treasonous criminal that was ousted by the people merely ten years ago?
      Some of them believed that levon would retire from his presidency after three years and make sure that there would be "free elections" after that. At least that was one of the things he promised to do and apparently some simple minded individuals believed that. I don't have warm feelings for them either.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
        I suggest you put away the thesaurus before you make more of an ass out of yourself.
        Since you have already made an ass out of yourself, you should keep your moronic opinions to yourself.
        Between childhood, boyhood,
        adolescence
        & manhood (maturity) there
        should be sharp lines drawn w/
        Tests, deaths, feats, rites
        stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh
          Levon ter pedrosyan has the overwhelming support and endorsement of the of Karabakh war veterans. These are the people who have fought to liberate Artsakh, and they are defending Levon. And unfortunately the majority of people here blindly follow the rhetoric of that faceless coward who calls himself "Armenian". To all you, let me ask you: What veterans organization does serje have the backing of? Do you actually believe that these patriots who fought and liberated land, and lost good friends, are defending Levon so that Levon can "hand over karabakh" as some trouble makers foolishy claim? Grow up people. When was the last time any of you people were even in Armenia for a visit?

And this applies very well to what levin aims to do in Armenia.

His other cousin in arms, and in blood, the rabid wolf Kasparov is also trying to stir things up in Russia. Same mentality, same methods, same background , one a chessplayer, the other a spineless philosophysing bookworm, same aims and goals, same paymasters. Palladins of the chosen, planted in society to cause dissension, to form fifth columns, to sow discord, to incite sedition and ultimately betray their nations. Levon, a treasonous democratic hyena. The dastardly mongols are having a field day laughing at us. They will bestow a medal of honor to the scavenger Levon. Levon's dream is that of a rose revolution with the star of david as the new standard. Kocharian must get implacably tough against these renegades and rag tag gang of malcontents and nation wreckers.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
            Since you have already made an ass out of yourself, you should keep your moronic opinions to yourself.
            ...step away from the thesaurus and nobody will get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen View Post
              It was all staged to make people look bad.
              Do you realize how turkish you sound?

HayotzAmrotz, it's no use talking to these turks. Whatever you say they will oppose. I have heard the strangest rumours from these people so what our "fedayeen" says here doesn't surprise me a bit.
              Here are just two examples:

- when they built the roads to Tsakhkadzor these people said: "Kocharian did this so it will be easier for him to go skiing"
              - when the president got an airplane from Eurnekian their reaction was: "Look how corrupt Kocharian is he has even bought his own airplane" (as if Kocharian will take this plane home after his presidency and park it in his garage).

Whatever good this administration has done they will deny and every bad thing that happens they will blame on them.

What angers me the most is the 'kharabakhtsi-hayastantsi' talk. These people that divide our nation are not Armenians. They have done more damage to our nation in the past than the turks and if we are not careful enough they can be a threat to the existence of our country. Perhaps it's better to ignore "Fedayeen", "Artsakh" and "Freaky" so they will get tired from talking to themselves and leave this place.

These past days have been an eye-opener for me. Luckily levon and his team had no chance to succeed in their coupe attempt and hopefully they will be punished accordingly.

As I am not that familiar with Armenian politics yet. I wonder what you all think of Artashes Geghamyan? I saw his speech yesterday and I really liked what he said but I don't know much about him.
              Last edited by Lernakan; 03-03-2008, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lernakan View Post

These past days have been an eye-opener for me. Luckily levon and his team had no chance to succeed in their coupe attempt and hopefully they will be punished accordingly.
                I hope this sentiment extends to the general Armenian public, making Armenia come out of this mess as a more united and stronger nation.

Of course, we will always have our "freaks", but hopefully they will marginalized to the extent of being relatively non-existant.

Comment

ARF Issues Statement After Armenia Unrest

YEREVAN (Yerkir)--The Armenian Revolutionary Federation Supreme Council of Armenia issued a statement Monday in which it assessed the standoff between security forces and opposition protesters in Yerevan that ended early Sunday following a state of emergency declared by President Robert Kocharian.
                  Translated excerpts of the statement are provided below.
                  What happened is our collective misfortune and humiliation and finding a solution is an obligation for all of us.
                  On the one hand, Levon Ter-Petrosian and his supporters had been preparing this scenario by inciting hatred and hostility, while on the other hand the objective grievances of the public were not being addressed.
                  As a result, the country suffered a heavy loss, the worst of which was the death of citizens. The ARF Supreme Body expresses its deepest condolences to the families of the victims, stressing that each and every one of us is grieving.
                  We emphasize that the actions taken by the first president and his supporters were an attempt to come to power by violent means and that the Armenian president's decision to declare a state of emergency was a necessity
                  We are demanding that the authorities carry out steps in two directions: first, they must bring to justice all who are responsible for the unrest; take consistent measures to deal with the reasons that have caused the mistrust and injustice in the country, and put the country back on the path of democratization and the protection of human rights.
                  The ARF also faulted Armenia's leadership for failing to address “objective reasons” for public discontent with the state of affairs in the country which it said was the reason why Ter-Petrosian has attracted a large following since his political comeback in September. It said the authorities should strengthen the rule of law and tackle the public “sense of injustice” in earnest.

Monday, March 3, 2008

Comment

Police Arrest Yerkrapah Deputy Chairman

YEREVAN (Armenpress)--Armenian security authorities arrested early Monday morning Deputy Chairman of the Yerkrapah Union of Nagorno-Karabakh War Veterans Myasnik Malkhasian for provoking mass unrest in Yerevan during the weekend clashes between opposition protestors and the police.
                    The law-enforcement bodies said Myasnik Malkhasian, who is also a member of parliament, was arrested when trying to flee a downtown square on a taxi.
                    A statement by police said a 55 centimeter-long metal rod was found on him. It said the parliament member was arrested on charges of trying to seize power through illegal means.

Monday, March 3, 2008

Comment

Tkherq,
                      You know, in the past, when Armenian was putting some of these morons in the ‘qaq’, I felt sorry for them. I thought it may be better to take a chance to lecture them a little bit to try to educate, hopping to convert an Armenian by last name to the real Armenian. Now I do realize that there is no hope for these people. They are stuck in the qaq and should not be taken out of it. Harsh beating of them every once in a while will not hurd though.

Comment

Working...
                      X