Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

Originally posted by Federation View Post
    You are forgetting the stunning victory of Armenians troops under General Njdeh against the Bolsheviks. There are many other such instances of military victory of armenians in our history where the odds were against us.
    Garegin Njdeh is one of those great individuals that come along only every several hundred years. Yes, in skirmishes, he did defeat the Bolshevik several times in his mountainous stronghold. However, militarily speaking the newly formed Bolshevik red army was not prepared to do battle with him at the time, they had more important battles to fight elsewhere in the Caucasus. When they returned, with a real military force, Garegin saw the futility of his fight and made a deal with them.

With you there seems to be a blurry line between reality and fantasy.

Besides, what does any of this have to do with the war in Artsakh? Are you one of them cowboys that think Armenia could have defeated the Azerbaijan without Russian support??? Go and talk your nonsense to Armenian war veterans or active duty military personal, they'll laugh in your face.

What a bunch of morons our nation has turned into...

Morality of troops is a major determinant of the outcome of military hostilities. We prooved this in Karabakh. During the Artsakh War, we faced the most difficulties fighting Russian troops who were on the side of Azerbaijanis.
    Yeah ok... Palestinians have morality to, so do Iraqis by the way... And two years ago the Hizbollah defeated the IDF with hunting rifles, modern anti-tank missiles from Russia played no role, nor did their long range surface-to-surface missiles, nor did their funding/training by Syria and Iran...

With politics being politics on the side, Russia allowed some serious wrongs against Armenians, and I for one will never forgive them for this.
    No, it was the "Soviets" that allowed some serious "wrongs" against Armenians, not "Russia". However, in politics there is no such thing as right or wrong. The Soviets did what they thought to be right a the time.

You will never "forgive" them?!?!?!

You owe Czarist Russia, the Soviet Union and the current Russian Federation gratitude for allowing the existence of an Armenian Republic in the Caucasus.

Grow the hell up.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I support close ties with Russia. There is a difference of having close ties and being a w-hore like some clowns suggest. Armenia is independent. And shall remain.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post

Besides, what does any of this have to do with the war in Artsakh? Are you one of them cowboys that think Armenia could have defeated the Azerbaijan without Russian support??? Go and talk your nonsense to Armenian war veterans or active duty military personal, they'll laugh in your face.
        My point was to show you that more weapons, better technology, and numbers do necessarily translate into military victory, that's what this has to do with the war in Artsakh.

Go and talk to Armenian war veterans about how the war in Artsakh was a victory of Russia over Azerbaijan, and they'll probably drop you on the spot. Why don't you go and read a few books on the Artsakh conflict (I mean from credible sources, as your claims are based entirely on Azerbaijani fabrications). Russia at the time couldn't handle its own problems (the chenchens), let alone win a war for the Armenians. If you aren't aware of the Russian obstacle we Armenians faced in the Artsakh liberation war, then I suggest you open up a book and start reading.

Comment

My point...
          You don't have a "point," you are a child. I'll try talking to you when you get past puberty.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

You don't have a "point," you are a child. I'll try talking to you when you get past puberty.
            You know what, I think it's pretty obvious to everyone here that you some serious pyschological issues. I suggest that you seek professional help. And please quit speaking on behalf of the ARF, get a life you psycho.

Comment

You know what, I think it's pretty obvious to everyone here that you some serious pyschological issues. I suggest that you seek professional help. And please quit speaking on behalf of the ARF, get a life you psycho.
              I really want to kno what your problem is with Russia. And did you know that there where weapons coming in from russia and that serj went after new weapons in Moscow. The Russians didn't win the war, but we couldn't have won without their aid. They were one of the few who were providing us with weapons. How do you think we were going to fight if we ddin't have any bullets left or spaire parts for the tanks.

Comment

You got it, Mr. Dashnaktsutyun...

Նժդեհ

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                  I really want to kno what your problem is with Russia. And did you know that there where weapons coming in from russia and that serj went after new weapons in Moscow. The Russians didn't win the war, but we couldn't have won without their aid. They were one of the few who were providing us with weapons. How do you think we were going to fight if we ddin't have any bullets left or spaire parts for the tanks.
                  Lima: What was the extent of Russia’s role in the success of Gharabagh’s liberation
                  struggle? What role does it have in providing for Gharabagh’s future security?
                  Markarian: I firmly believe that the interests of superpowers—great powers—
                  in a region are shaped by the actors in the region. Over the past twelve years we
                  have seen various stances from the Soviet and now Russian authorities. Some
                  days they have been with us. Other days they have been against us. Some days
                  they have joined the enemy in attacking us. We have seen all of this. So I don’t
                  think that’s the right way to formulate the question. The issue is this: through
                  our power, our own efforts, our initiative, and our will we have created situations
                  in the region, and around these situations the regional interests of the great
                  powers have taken shape.
                  These situations might have favored one power or
                  another. That’s a different issue. What matters is that we created the situation on
                  the ground. And it is in relation to that new situation that the interests of those
                  states were formulated. It was not the programs of those states that took us
                  toward a change of situation. It requires no great feat of remembering to recall
                  Gorbachev’s original attitude toward the raising of the issue of Gharabagh. If we
                  think that the current situation in Gharabagh is in Russia’s interests, it could
                  have been arranged much more readily under Gorbachev than any other time
                  Then we must consider that in our successful days—let us say the acme was
                  the liberation of Shushi—after the liberation of Shushi we had great defeats because
                  we were fighting not only the Azerbaijani army.
                  We lost Getashen,
                  Shahumian, an important part of Martakert, and it was not the Azerbaijani military
                  that defeated us. It was others.

Lima: Russia, to be specific.
                  Markarian: Naturally.
                  Lima: You were part of those battles, weren’t you?
                  Markarian: Personally?
                  Lima: You personally.
                  Markarian: I was present, yes. It is another matter that Azerbaijan’s internal
                  politics turned out such that they themselves expelled the Russians and the Russians
                  were no longer at their side. But the Russian military has never fought with
                  us against Azerbaijan. It is we who have fought. It’s just that the Russians were
                  no longer at the Azerbaijanis’ side, and that in itself was a great help to us. Thus,
                  Gharabagh’s struggle cannot be considered a result of Russian policy. It is the
                  result of a purely Armenian program, a purely Armenian initiative, purely Armenian
                  will, and not of plans laid elsewhere.

Last edited by Federation; 05-22-2008, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Lima: What was the extent of Russia’s role in the success of Gharabagh’s liberation
                    struggle? What role does it have in providing for Gharabagh’s future security?
                    Markarian: I firmly believe that the interests of superpowers—great powers—
                    in a region are shaped by the actors in the region. Over the past twelve years we
                    have seen various stances from the Soviet and now Russian authorities. Some
                    days they have been with us. Other days they have been against us. Some days
                    they have joined the enemy in attacking us. We have seen all of this. So I don’t
                    think that’s the right way to formulate the question. The issue is this: through
                    our power, our own efforts, our initiative, and our will we have created situations
                    in the region, and around these situations the regional interests of the great
                    powers have taken shape. These situations might have favored one power or
                    another. That’s a different issue. What matters is that we created the situation on
                    the ground. And it is in relation to that new situation that the interests of those
                    states were formulated. It was not the programs of those states that took us
                    toward a change of situation. It requires no great feat of remembering to recall
                    Gorbachev’s original attitude toward the raising of the issue of Gharabagh. If we
                    think that the current situation in Gharabagh is in Russia’s interests, it could
                    have been arranged much more readily under Gorbachev than any other time.
                    Then we must consider that in our successful days—let us say the acme was
                    the liberation of Shushi—after the liberation of Shushi we had great defeats because
                    we were fighting not only the Azerbaijani army. We lost Getashen,
                    Shahumian, an important part of Martakert, and it was not the Azerbaijani military
                    that defeated us. It was others.
                    Lima: Russia, to be specific.
                    Markarian: Naturally.
                    Lima: You were part of those battles, weren’t you?
                    Markarian: Personally?
                    Lima: You personally.
                    Markarian: I was present, yes. It is another matter that Azerbaijan’s internal
                    politics turned out such that they themselves expelled the Russians and the Russians
                    were no longer at their side. But the Russian military has never fought with
                    us against Azerbaijan. It is we who have fought. It’s just that the Russians were
                    no longer at the Azerbaijanis’ side, and that in itself was a great help to us. Thus,
                    Gharabagh’s struggle cannot be considered a result of Russian policy. It is the
                    result of a purely Armenian program, a purely Armenian initiative, purely Armenian
                    will, and not of plans laid elsewhere.

http://www.gomidas.org/forum/af8-mark.pdf
                    I know the Soviets sided with the Azeris but the Russians he's talking about are they soldiers or mercaneries. because if they are mercenaries the goverment can't be blaimed for them. And the soviets is not the same as Russia

Comment

You got it, Mr. Dashnaktsutyun...
                      I'm glad you understand, Mr. Azerbaijan's consulate to A/C Forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X