Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Here is part two of the video Dashnak fighters sing Dashnak Dro:

Armenian Revolutionary Federation fighters celebrating their victory during the artsakh liberation war

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      Please Artsakh with all your wisdom tell me who have to choose as our leaders because the dasjnakner and the republicans are bad who have we to choose?
      I did not say anything against the republican party of armenia. There are many bright, patriotic politicians there and i starting to like many of the work they are doing.

I do NOT endorse Serge Sarkisian for president for the reason that he has made treasonous comments, as defense minister, that aghdam is not armenian land, and about concessions to azerbaijan. I would not like to see such an individual with such ideology as head of our republic. What is your reason for supporting him,?

I do NOT support Robert Kocharyan because he has publicly stated to a turkish journalist in yerevan that "ARMENIA HAS NO TERRITORIAL DEMANDS FROM TURKEY".

and it is beyond comprehension how a supposedly "nationalistic" organization like the dashnak party can support men possessing such ideologies. Perhaps seats and party interests are more important to them than the nation and national interests?
      Last edited by Artsakh; 09-29-2007, 03:21 PM.

Comment

What has he doen for Hayastan and how can we be sure that he will not sell us out. Because that is going to happen if Levon becomes president. How can I be sure that this guy will not dot the same.
        Raffi Hovannessian is not a rich oligarch like the rest of the armenian government. he has exteremly close ties with the diaspora. he is humble with his background and plans on making armenia an amazing place, if only he gets elected that is. unfortunatly i highly doubt that will happen, but if i were to live there i wouldnt give a second thought about voting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
          As you may have already seen, the "nationalist" in question is already blowing the filthy treasonous criminal Levon Ter Petrosian's you know what. Needless to say, there is no depth that these human wastes would not reach to in order to satisfy their twisted obsessions and massive egos.
          Armenian, as much as i enjoy using you as a guini pig and playing mind games with you, i've gotta say, they only serve to enhance your ignorance.

If you aren't forgetting, the ARF leadership couldn't stop blowing ter pedrossians you know what and supported his coming to power. But after der pedrosyan refused to give them seats, the ARF suddenly turned against him.

Speaking of "traitors", lets look at the historical facts:

-Der pedrosyan NEVER signed off any armenian lands to turks.

-The dashnaks, on several occasions, signed off armenian lands, (examples: the treaty of batum, the treaty of alexandrople)

So, let me ask you, what exactly makes the Dashnak party leaders better than Ter pedrosyan?

Ter Pedrosyan along with the karabakh committee played an important role in the early stages of the formation of the karabakh movement. Ter pedrosyan, along with the karabakh committee members were embraced as national heroes. Ter pedrosyan was the only president elected in by the people through clean elections (the first time). the second time, the elections were rigged, ter pedrosyan made a terrible mistake, and he GOT HIS RESPONSE.

thus, needless to say, the state mechanisms were in place and working correctly. thats why some of his closest alliest turned against him.

but today, no such mechanism are in place, unfortunately, when the defense minister has the nerve to speak of territorial concessions.
          Last edited by Artsakh; 09-29-2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Man if he thinks that Levon is the right man to lead our country than he deservce the faith that levon deservce, the faith of a traitor.
            Can you quote me on where i said that der pedrosyan, or any individual for that matter, was the right man to lead our country?

As a matter of fact, i think he should be put in front of a firing squad for his later crimes against the nation, which is no worse than what the ARF leadership did during the 1st republic by selling off armenian lands.

On the contrary, its the ARF leadership who recently declared they would support his participation in the elections.

However, i do think that the ARF should be banned in Armenia because:

1) the ARF operates as a collective body. The armenia branch of the arf is but 1 branch of this world wide structure. Thus, any policy that the ARF implements in armenia is decided outside the republic of armenia, which is unacceptable. How would a Russian feel if policies affecting russian citizens living in russia were decided in foreign countries?

2) the ARF-Armenia branch is funded in great part by citizens of foreign countries. did you know that in the united states, its illegal for foreign nationals to contribute monetarily to US elections?

Comment

Ter-Petrosian, Dashnaks Agree On ‘Civilized Struggle’ In Historic Talks

Levon Ter-Petrosian and top leaders of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation (Dashnaktsutyun) agreed to make their long-running bitter feud more “civilized” during a sensational weekend meeting initiated by Armenia’s former president. The meeting, held at the Dashnaktsutyun headquarters in Yerevan on Saturday, came as a further indication that Ter-Petrosian is leaning towards contesting the approaching presidential election. It was the first time that he set foot in the offices of a party which he had accused of terrorist activity and banned during his rule.

Ter-Petrosian was accompanied by Aleksandr Arzumanian, a former foreign minister and his longtime close associate. They were received by Hrant Markarian, the top member of Dashnaktsutyun’s worldwide governing Bureau, and Armen Rustamian, the nominal head of the nationalist party’s organization in Armenia. Participants of the talks, which lasted for less than an hour, told RFE/RL that they focused on the political situation in Armenia and, in particular, the unfolding preparations for next year’s crucial presidential election.

“We agreed, among other things, to stay within the bounds of a political, ideological struggle and not to descend to a lower level,” said Markarian. They also stressed the need to create an “atmosphere of tolerance and solidarity in the country,” he said.

“It is important for the two parties that the pre-election debate be civilized and political in nature,” said Arzumanian. In his words, the meeting was part of Ter-Petrosian’s ongoing pre-election consultations with “important political forces.”

The very fact of such an encounter is quite extraordinary given the extent of mutual animosity which Dashnaktsutyun and Armenia’s first-Communist government headed by Ter-Petrosian developed even before the Soviet collapse. The two sides strongly disagreed on Armenia’s geopolitical priorities, with Dashnaktsutyun insisting on continued reliance on Russia and a firm Armenian stand on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and relations with Turkey. The Ter-Petrosian administration, by contrast, embraced a more pro-Western agenda and did not regard recognition of the 1915 genocide as a precondition for normalizing Turkish-Armenian ties.

Their feud culminated in Ter-Petrosian’s decision in December 1994 to ban Dashnaktsutyun on the grounds that it violated Armenia’s law on political parties and allegedly harbored a death squad. Markarian and Rustamian were among dozens of party activities arrested and imprisoned in 1994 and 1995 on murder and coup charges denied by the nationalist party as politically motivated. Most of them were set free shortly after Ter-Petrosian resigned and was replaced by Robert Kocharian in early 1998.

“We deliberately avoided talking about the past because I think all of us should worry more about the future of our country and our people,” said Markarian.

“Today is not the time to talk about that,” Spartak Seyranian, a Dashnaktsutyun parliamentarian, agreed on Monday. “But I have a very good memory and think that nobody in our organization suffers from a loss of memory.”

“We are not forgetting or departing from our ideological differences, but will try to concentrate our debate during the entire electoral process exclusively on ideas, programs and proposals,” he explained. Despite being part of Armenia’s governing coalition, Dashnaktsutyun has pointedly refused to help Prime Minister Serzh Sarkisian become Armenia’s next president and has decided to field its own presidential candidate instead. The party has repeatedly deplored Sarkisian’s and Kocharian’s reliance on wealthy government-connected individuals, many of them with dubious reputations. While reaffirming their highly negative attitude towards Ter-Petrosian, its leaders say they would welcome his participation in the presidential election as it would reduce the role of what they call “apolitical elements” in the country’s political life.

“I think he should run so that the political landscape has a more natural structure and every person, every force has its right place there,” Markarian told RFE/RL. He said Ter-Petrosian told the Dashnaktsutyun leaders that “he is seriously intent no nominating his candidacy but has not yet made a final decision.”

Markarian also said Ter-Petrosian’s possible presidential run would not lose the Dashnaktsutyun candidate any votes, arguing that the two political camps appeal to voters with diametrically opposite views on key issues facing Armenia. “His supporters won’t vote for us and our supporters won’t vote for him,” he said. Arzumanian, meanwhile, insisted that Ter-Petrosian’s return to active politics is not a forgone conclusion. “He is continuing to examine the political field and will make a decision after ending his consultations and weighing up the political situation,” he said.

Source: http://www.armenialiberty.org/armeni...1B5E277128.ASP
              Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Kiro Manoyan: Karabakh issue should be resolved by entire Armenian nation

The ARF Dashnatsutyun’s stand on the Karabakh issue is unchangeable: Artsakh is not a part of Azerbaijan’s territory. Therefore violation of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity is out of the question, ARF Bureau’s Hay Dat and Political Affairs Office Director, Kiro Manoyan told a news conference in Yerevan. “Saying Artsakh we mean not only Nagorno Karabakh but also its low-lying territories, including a part of Mardakert region and the whole Shahumian region occupied by Azerbaijan. So, it’s a question who violates the territorial integrity,” he underscored. The Nagorno Karabakh issue should be resolved via a universal referendum, according to him. “The Karabakh issue should be resolved by the entire Armenian nation. Anyway, surrender of territories is impossible,” he said.

Source: http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=23605

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                  ...It was the first time that he set foot in the offices of a party which he had accused of terrorist activity and banned during his rule.

Ter-Petrosian was accompanied by Aleksandr Arzumanian, ....
                  Did he bring his wife too?

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
                    Did he bring his wife too?
                    No, I think she was too busy shopping in Tel Aviv

Նժդեհ

Comment

Commentary: LTP’s meeting with Dashnaks “no surprise” for Serzh

Armenian Prime Minister Serzh Sargsyan permitted himself quite an interesting confession on October 3. Commenting on the weekend meeting of ex-president Levon Ter-Petrosyan with representatives of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation (ARF, Dashnaktsutyun), he noted that “this meeting is not an event that should have come as a surprise to me.” It only remains to guess what the top contender for presidency meant. He was hardly aware of any veiled dialogue between the bitter foes, since there had simply been no such contact.

The approaches of the first president of Armenia to Dashnaktsutyun looked very much like the policy of pagan monarchs to the early Christian communities, and the motivation of persecutions – “disturbance of public order and a threat to the constitutional order” also fit well in the context of persecutions against Christians. The de-facto leader of Dashnaktsutyun, head of the Athens Bureau Hrair Marukhian was exiled from the republic in 1992 and later died in Greece under mysterious circumstances. The activities of the party in the territory of Armenia was banned as illegal from December 1994 and the decision was followed by plundering and closing more than a dozen newspapers and magazines directly or indirectly connected with the party and liquidation of the party’s “Vardanian” printing house. The mid-1990s are a period of high-profile political trials of numerous Dashnaktsutyun members that the first president thought were to “unmask” the terrorist essence of this organization; the so-called “Dro” and “Vahan Hovhannisyan + 30” trials are in fact an inseparable part of Armenia’s history at the close of the 20th century.

Though, from now on, the historical meeting between the ex-president and two former prisoners of Armenian jails – Hrant Margaryan and Armen Rustamyan – is considered to be a completed fact. Despite the seeming unnaturalness and internal contradictoriness of this contact, especially inside the Dashnak center in the surrounding of portraits of ideologists of the party so radically persecuted by Ter-Petrosyan, the Armenian prime minister stated that it did not come as a surprise to him. This very non-accidental confession indeed needs to be comprehended somehow.

It is quite possible that it should be regarded in the context of certain relationships that had been established by the mid-1990s between the first president of Armenia and structures close to Dashnaktsutyun. The example of Gerard Libaridian, a former Dashnaktsutyun member who was appointed senior advisor to the president on foreign affairs and put in charge of the Karabakh issue immediately after Armenia gained independence, is illustrative in this respect. According to the data of a number of Turkish mass media, Libaridian was also the leader of nearly all secret diplomatic missions of Yerevan conducting negotiations with Ankara and trying to achieve normalization of Armenian-Turkish relations. In other words, even when Dashnaktsutyun was banned in the territory of Armenia, the first president maintained relations with circles close to this party. Ter-Petrosyan’s lobbying of the interests of the former Catholocis of the Great House of Cilicia Karekin II for being elected Catholicos of All Armenians under the name of Karekin I was also perceived within that same context. Many more examples showing that while Dashnaktsutyun members were being persecuted, Ter-Petrosyan was actually maintaining relations with certain party-related structures and persons can be cited. Does it mean that we are witnessing a split or a tendency of such a split within Dashnaktsutyun itself? Perhaps Serzh Sargsyan was dropping hints about that…

It is symptomatic that one of the party’s leaders, Vahan Hovhannisyan, was not attending the historical meeting. He is one of the two nominees for a presidential candidate from Dashnaktsutyun. And the second nominee, Armen Rustamyan, was receiving Ter-Petrosyan. Perhaps it is still too early to speak about a split in the upper party echelons, but the very fact of objective confrontation is demonstrative. In this respect, the visit of the first president to the Dashnaktsutyun office seems to be a mechanism aggravating such confrontation and capable of splitting the party’s ruling clique into two camps in the future. Some analysts say in this connection that Ter-Petrosyan is continuing his policy to split the party and to achieve this goal he is ready even to visit the party’s office in person.

It is noteworthy that the first president in fact did not hide such an intention. It was on his initiative that in the mid-1990s an artificial organization “Armenian Dashnaktsutyun Party” was registered with the Armenian Ministry of Justice. That organization was intended to supplant the truly existing party that by that time had been banned. But that idea proved a complete fiasco.

Interestingly, Dashnaktsutyun’s Hayots Ashkharh newspaper recently published a small report whose content was against the party commentaries regarding that meeting. It said that the visit of the first president became a serious party omission. Vahan Hovhannisyan, who recently entered family relations with the Prime Minister (Hovhannisyan’s daughter is engaged to be married with Serzh Sargsyan’s nephew), does not wish to open all the intra-party brackets yet, stating that “if Armenia is negotiating with enemies – Turkey and Azerbaijan – then negotiating among Armenians cannot go beyond the scope of morality.” Does it mean that the prime minister was trying to open the brackets instead of him?

Source: http://armenianow.com/?action=viewAr...5&IID=&lng=eng

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X