Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Baarev. yes gerem namak duk'.

ays pataskhan. gerum em duk hima. Yes ch'em haskanum hayeren, k'ich t'e shat,
    voch. Yes mi kich gitem hayeren.

khent'rem, unem elektronayin ays lusanekar, Yes uzum em ugharkel norut'yun
    NYC, Yes ch'egitem t'e inchpes ogtevel ays tseragrits'.

Yes uzum em ugharkel. aysinken, gerem Federate ? ayo? Sa karevor e. I would
    like Federate to see the article and photos and to know if "Amen inch lav e?"
    I would maybe not want to post it here unless he thinks it is lav. bari.

Comment

Originally posted by Christina View Post
      Baarev. yes gerem namak duk'.

ays pataskhan. gerum em duk hima. Yes ch'em haskanum hayeren, k'ich t'e shat,
      voch. Yes mi kich gitem hayeren.

khent'rem, unem elektronayin ays lusanekar, Yes uzum em ugharkel norut'yun
      NYC, Yes ch'egitem t'e inchpes ogtevel ays tseragrits'.

Yes uzum em ugharkel. aysinken, gerem Federate ? ayo? Sa karevor e. I would
      like Federate to see the article and photos and to know if "Amen inch lav e?"
      I would maybe not want to post it here unless he thinks it is lav. bari.
      How are they posted in your email? If the article is a link or the entire article is written out in the email, just copy paste it. For the photos, you might have to upload them to somewhere like Photobucket or Imageshack and then link it here.

BTW, this thread is about ARF-related material so unless the article and photos are related to it, I recommend you open or find a new thread related to the post you want to make.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Yes yerakhtapart em. Khent'rum em, angleren ays songs?

I went to the three sites, and I saw the video of Lisboni 5.

Very historic song. It is a very proud song.

Comment

I typed the email and it was not sent the screen said! oh this is something else.
          I am technically challenged.

akh! I wrote that I tried to copy and paste it and put into email and only a few
          sentences went on the email. So no pictures! I do not want to say what it is
          until you see it and review it for your approval. It is not a joke nor a prank.

This was emailed to me and there has to be a way to get it to you to review.

It is something I think we all need to know about. I emailed you I think.

Comment

BTW, I like how the bottom of your posts states: Azerbaboon.

You have a great sense of humor!

Comment

Who were the main song writers of the poplar songs of the ARF? Alot of the anthems
              and songs are very old from the 19th c and early 20th c. Obviously. This is important
              to keep the people to remember the historic events. That was also a way to keep it
              interesting as alot of youth do not like to read a lot.

Also the people that were the country folk worked hard on their land, so who had
              the time to read a history book? it was not always practical. They could sing the
              songs and this kept their way of understanding their history and keeping them
              a glued close knit community, as well as patriotic.

It reminds me of the story of Sparta. More or less, the cities would tell their
              soldiers, die bravely in battle, but do not come back without your shield, and
              come back proud. Each shield had a design of the region in Hellenic empire,
              that represented the region and community. So when the soldiers would return,
              the women danced in the streets, sang songs of the bravery and valor of their
              men. These songs, like the stories of Homer, were sung to each generation,
              as this was the way they kept intact their historic patriotism and pride of who
              they were and what their country did.

For many centuries this is how the Greek people passed on these ancient events.

Only later, was the story of Homer and the Illyad, and the stories of the great
              battles of Sparta and surrounding regions--were these written down. Then it
              came that these stories had drawings in the books. Then it was available to
              the masses.

I say this with all due respect.

(forgive me my spelling errors).

Comment

I am Greek with Armenian. I am wanting to learn the songs so I can better
                understand the life of the people and to enjoy the songs with the history of the
                proud fighters. The songs are amazing and some I like and others are okay, like the
                farmers song. That only makes sense for those who were in the countryside, and
                not the cities. That would make them proud. It does not appeal to any of us,
                I assume, as we are in a modern spoilt world. We did not have to toil the land
                and live that life as the older generation had to.

Greeks gave meaning toe the ultimate oath: "freedom or death."

Comment

• Armenian Revolutionary Fed. - A Nuisance?

I will be upfront, I've never been a fan of the ARF and their policies. Their ways of threatening and blackmailing politicians, and at times interfering with the interests of the Republic of Armenia. Though they have done some good over time, I believe they've also done much harm and that harm has been done in the name of the Armenian nation, which is inaccurate since they do not represent the Armenian Republic!! But are mostly comprised of Western Armenian Diasporans who see issues in a more fanatical and heavily nationalistic way.

The moderate Armenian politicians see the same issues in a more practical and realistic way. The ARF sometimes fails to bring in the people and the local economy of Armenia into the picture, and focus on more nationalistic issues rather than focus on the welfare and well being of the real Armenian people in Armenia. A rather egotistical side I see.

Should it be made more clear to the international community that the ARF doesn't reflect the interests of Armenia? And the fact that most of them, being Western Armenians, many times solely seek justice and revenge for historical issues rather than focus on the issues affecting Armenian people now? Maybe a better idea would be to form a counter group to ARF that represents the interests of the Republic, and lobbies not against the government but with the government of Armenia.

Many people in Armenia are disillusioned with the ARF, and I having a relative in the National Assembly know first-hand that many politicians in the government are sick with the ARF branch in Armenia and find the whole organisation a nuisance in the state affairs and interests of Armenia. I hope Armenian government can properly distance itself from ARF, and additionally form a group to represent the real Armenian issues of Armenia.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

• Re: Armenian Revolutionary Fed. - A Nuisance?

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    I will be upfront, I've never been a fan of the ARF and their policies. Their ways of threatening and blackmailing politicians, and at times interfering with the interests of the Republic of Armenia. Though they have done some good over time, I believe they've also done much harm and that harm has been done in the name of the Armenian nation, which is inaccurate since they do not represent the Armenian Republic!! But are mostly comprised of Western Armenian Diasporans who see issues in a more fanatical and heavily nationalistic way.

The moderate Armenian politicians see the same issues in a more practical and realistic way. The ARF sometimes fails to bring in the people and the local economy of Armenia into the picture, and focus on more nationalistic issues rather than focus on the welfare and well being of the real Armenian people in Armenia. A rather egotistical side I see.

Should it be made more clear to the international community that the ARF doesn't reflect the interests of Armenia? And the fact that most of them, being Western Armenians, many times solely seek justice and revenge for historical issues rather than focus on the issues affecting Armenian people now? Maybe a better idea would be to form a counter group to ARF that represents the interests of the Republic, and lobbies not against the government but with the government of Armenia.

Many people in Armenia are disillusioned with the ARF, and I having a relative in the National Assembly know first-hand that many politicians in the government are sick with the ARF branch in Armenia and find the whole organisation a nuisance in the state affairs and interests of Armenia. I hope Armenian government can properly distance itself from ARF, and additionally form a group to represent the real Armenian issues of Armenia.
                    Armenia, more than ever, needs a political party that is fanatical about Armenian statehood. This indirectly makes sure that retarded actions that provide quick profit for politicians but harm the nation in the long run are kept in check.

Furthermore, please do a bit more research on the activities of ARF, before you blindly throw hate at them. They may be fanatical at times, and their ideals have somewhat changed over the years, but they provide a much needed wake-up call for all those Armenians who have grown naive by thinking that Turks may be trusted, or that the west cares about Armenia.

Comment

• Re: Armenian Revolutionary Fed. - A Nuisance?

Originally posted by Mos View Post

I agree with some of what you wrote. I think some of the ARG goals are not realistic and that leads to them being counterproductive at times. But at the same time, the current non-ARF leaders and politicians in Armenian are an absolute joke. They are more often than not working on behalf of wanna be oligarchs, they are completely unsophisticated, have very little knowledge of realpolitic or the outside world for that matter. If Armenia was without the ARF and diaspora political support, Artsakh would now be in Azeri hands, there would be no alliance with Russia, and perhaps Armenia would now be province of Turkey and I'll bet they would still face the same geo-political problems they face today. After having witness the work (of shall I say laziness?) of Armenian diplomats here in the U.S., without diaspora support Armenia would in danger.
                      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X