Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Arthur Abraham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Abraham

I dont know if anyone has posted about him already.

ARMENIAN ABRAHAM CAPTURES VACANT IBF MIDDLEWEIGHT CROWN

Chester Observer Tribune, NJ Dec. 12, 2005

Leipzig, Germany (Sports Network) - Armenian Arthur Abraham captured the vacant IBF middleweight title Saturday with a fifth-round technical knockout of Nigerian Kingsley Ikeke.

Jermain Taylor vacated the IBF belt, and Abraham capitalized on his first attempt at the title to move his record to 19-0 with 17 KOs. Referee Samuel Viruet stopped the action at the 1:36 mark of the fifth round in the scheduled 12-round fight. The 25-year-old Abraham, whose hometown is Berlin, has finished three of his last four fights in the fifth round. The 22-year-old Ikeke fell to 23-2. He was coming off a 10th-round TKO of Antwun Echols in an IBF middleweight eliminator bout in April.
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Re: Arthur Abraham

Was it back in 06 he went a few rounds with a broken jaw? He is a machine.

Comment

Originally posted by D3ADSY View Post
      Was it back in 06 he went a few rounds with a broken jaw? He is a machine.
      I wouldn't know brother, I was searching on Armenian Fighters/Boxers & I came accross his name

Comment

Yeah. It was September 2006.

On September 23, 2006, Abraham won a decision against undefeated contender Edison Miranda despite having his jaw broken in two places. Miranda was deducted five points by landing repeated low blows as well as intentionally headbutting Abraham in the 5th round. After the Miranda bout, he was praised for his ability to finish the fight despite his injury.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I think everyone in Germany knows his name because of this fight. His coach actually copped some flack for not stopping it, but Abraham said he would never have forgiven him if he had.

My opponent had behaved undignified in the run-up to the fight . He had affronted me and my crowd in the hall by running his finger over his throat – he could never go home with the belt. During the break my coach told me: “You´re clever – he´s not.” That´s been exactly the way it went: I have been too clever for Miranda and I knew about it. He couldn´t even beat me with a fractured jaw.

Comment

That was an awesome video!

Comment

Might I suggest the 'Killer Queen' Susianna Kentikian for you, Mr. Abraham?
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Boxing Bachelor: King Arthur comes home to Armenia; maybe looking for a queen?

An Armenia-born boxing king is back in town, possibly looking for his one and only Armenian soul mate for marriage.

“I’ve got a lot of fans in Germany. If I wanted to marry a German girl I would have done so a long time ago. But I’ve made up my mind to marry only an Armenian girl from Armenia, that’s why I am not married yet,” said the 29-year-old bachelor, who has stayed unbeaten throughout his professional boxing career.

Arthur Abraham, who moved to Germany in the early 2000s, captured the International Boxing Federation middleweight champion’s title in 2005 and has completed ten title defenses since then. His professional boxing career record stands at a staggering 30-0, 24 KOs.

Abraham, who goes by the boxing alias of “King Arthur”, has given up his IBF middleweight title earlier this month to move up from the division where he has effectively run out of no-nonsense opponents. His “abdication” will be formalized on July 28.

While traditionally visiting his homeland Armenia at every milestone in his career, Abraham has not changed his custom this time around either.

He said in Yerevan he is going to open a boxing school in a capital suburb where he was born and lived before turning professional and moving abroad.

At a press conference on Wednesday he said he is already negotiating with the prefect of the Shengavit district of Yerevan for the school to be opened in his native Charbakh.

Abraham said the school would train amateur boxers as “it is dangerous to train as professionals at a young age.”

Abraham defended his title for the tenth and last time against a Turkish challenger, also representing Germany, last month.

Abraham said in Yerevan his latest victory over Mahir Oral was of particular significance to him.

“I would have had a heavy feeling had I been defeated by the Turkish athlete, because our forefathers suffered greatly at the hands of the Turks. I had been particularly preparing for this bout. I would have torn my opponent into pieces hadn’t his coaches thrown in the towel, which meant they wanted the fight to stop. Generally, in every fight I try not to delay and literally destroy my opponents,” said Abraham.

Abraham, who holds German citizenship, lives and trains in Germany and performs under its flag, said the Armenian tricolor always has a special place in his heart.

The power-punching pugilist also explained his decision to move from the 72.5 kg division up to the 76.2 kg division.

“I had to lose up to 10 kilograms before every fight, which exhausted me very much. After moving to a higher division I will perform much better,” he said.

In the new division Abraham will participate in a tournament that will last two years and in which the world’s five strongest boxers will also take part. In these fights the absolute champion will be revealed.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Best of luck on your search for that special Armenian woman. Asvadz heddid ellah

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
              I wouldn't know brother, I was searching on Armenian Fighters/Boxers & I came accross his name
              We've been posting about his fights in the Sports section of the forum if you haven't noticed....
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                Best of luck on your search for that special Armenian woman. Asvadz heddid ellah

We've been posting about his fights in the Sports section of the forum if you haven't noticed....
                You apparently didin't read what Iwrote before the thread

I dont know if anyone has posted about him already. (that's what I said)

Comment

Arthur Abraham né Avédik Abrahamian à Erevan le 20 février 1980
                  Il avait promis d'aller à Erevan le 17 juillet s'il remportait une victoire. IL y est allé puisqu'il a gagné !
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                  X