Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

David Nalbandian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's half-Argentinian?

Comment

• I'm not shocked. He doesn't look 100% Armenian, but I thought he was.

Well, I guess it was too blonde to be true! LOL...

Comment

• Re: David Nalbandian

he does admit being armenian he goes to armenian clubes etc he doesn't live in Buenos Aires, he was born in Cordoba and thats where he lives, there are 10000 armenian families in that province and he is with armos.

Comment

he's grandfather was Armenian and he was the one who got a tennis court built in their back garden for him to practice playing tennis! So if it wasn't for his Armenian grandfather then maybe he wouldn't be where he is now?

I remember reading an article 4 years ago at the time when he got to the final of the Wimbledon 2002 and he mentioned that he was of Armenian descent and that we are fighters. He also used to play for Homenetmen in Argentina.

Comment

By the way everybody,
            I met in person at the Montreal Tennis championships last year
            he's adorable, a little too young for me... who cares!!!!
            Gave him a bracelet from Armenia 3 years ago at the same tournament again, he was soooooooooo happy about it...
            Must have brought him good luck, he made it to the finals (l. to Rodxxxx) and the semis in NY (l. to Rodxxxx again had a match point too, damned)

Comment

yeah his great like i said before he says his got armenian heritage not like agassi

his ranked 3rd in the world now just retired from the semi finals of french open and he was giving it to federer too

top player his always in the semis in all 4 grand slams, i just hope he wins a title soon

Comment

Originally posted by ]{eVoR]{
                he's grandfather was Armenian and he was the one who got a tennis court built in their back garden for him to practice playing tennis! So if it wasn't for his Armenian grandfather then maybe he wouldn't be where he is now?

I remember reading an article 4 years ago at the time when he got to the final of the Wimbledon 2002 and he mentioned that he was of Armenian descent and that we are fighters. He also used to play for Homenetmen in Argentina.
                what do you mean he used to play for homenetmen in argentina? Homenetmen is an Armenian family club with pools, etc... Nalbandian isn't from Buenos Aires, he is from Cordoba and Homenetmen is in Buenos Aires.

Comment

Home Away from Home: Argentinean Tennis Ace visits Armenia to share skill and experience with kinsmen

His victory in straight sets over Armenia’s Number One was easily predictable to say the least, but it could hardly stop the closely packed Armenian spectators at a small tennis court in Yerevan from celebrating the success as their own.

David Nalbandian, a golden boy of international tennis from Argentina, has always been regarded as ‘theirs’ by a large number of tennis fans in Armenia and throughout its worldwide Diaspora. His Armenian ancestry and surname ending in -ian and most importantly his attitude towards his historical homeland had made him extremely popular among Armenian tennis fans and shaped into a role model for many kids and teenagers in Armenia going in for tennis.

And now the 26-year-old tennis star, currently ranked 7th internationally, spent an afternoon in Yerevan to give a master class to local junior players and tennis-loving children and also to test Armenia’s top player Harutyun Sofyan in an exhibition match at the Master Class tennis club.

At a press conference before the match on Thursday, soft-spoken Nalbandian looked relaxed but at the same time a little overwhelmed by the reception he received in his historical homeland that he was briefly visiting for the first time at the invitation of prominent Argentinean-Armenian businessman Eduardo Eurnekian.

“I am very proud to be here in my second or almost first homeland,” Nalbandian said, setting the tone for the media event. “I really enjoy my first visit here. The tennis schedule is so tough and we have tournaments almost every week. But I am sure that after I stop playing tennis I will come often and will have more time to enjoy here.”

“Now I feel as if I have one foot in Argentina and one foot in Armenia,” he added.

Nalbandian, a descendant of a first-generation genocide survivor, made several achievements at junior level before turning professional in 2000. Two years after embarking on a professional career he already reached the final at Wimbledon, the most prestigious of the four Grand Slam tournaments.

The Argentinean-Armenian has won eight ATP titles in as many years and has stayed among the world’s leading pack of players throughout his career in professional tennis. Nalbandian climbed as high as the world’s N 3 in 2005. His achievements also include No. 1 player of the year titles for Argentina and South America.

Overall, Nalbandian is one of only five active players to have achieved the semifinals or better at all four Grand Slams, along with Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Marat Safin and Novak Djokovic.

Nalbandian has mentioned his Armenian origin several times in media interviews and now he says that he has always received huge support from Armenians at every tournament he has played.

“All the time I feel the support from Armenians. Everywhere that I’ve played there is somebody around,” he said.

The 5 ft 11 inch light-eyed blond who likes to sport a ponytail on the court says he doesn’t look exactly like an average Armenian guy probably because of his Italian mum’s gene, but he adds that nevertheless he feels Armenian in his spirit.

Nalbandian, who has many victories to cite, says his most memorable victory in tennis was when he was aged only 12 and -- not surprisingly for someone with an Armenian origin -- he devoted that victory to his family.

“Tennis is a hard game to play both physically and mentally. It takes a lot of courage and talent and requires constant training to develop this talent in order to get to the top,” Nalbandian says, adding: “Tennis is getting more competitive every year as young talented players keep coming in.”

But the Argentine, who despite his high international ranking has not yet won a single Grand Slam tournament, says he is keen on breaking his maiden in the near future.

The events with Nalbandian’s participation in Armenia were made possible by the Fruitfull Armenia organization in association with the Tennis Federation of Armenia and the Master Class tennis club and with Converse Bank’s sponsorship.

From http://armenianow.com/?action=viewAr...D=1203&lng=eng
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Working...
                  X