on speaking up about other genocides and not trying to over-emphasive the importance of the Holocaust over other genocides including the Armenian one.

After the movie, director Claude Miller addressed the audience. He stated he originally agreed with the executive order of French President Nicolas Sarkozy requiring that every French child learn of the Holocaust and that each be given the name and history of a xxxish child who died in the Shoah. On reflection he decided it was wrong asking, “Why the xxxs? What about others?” He then cited several genocidal situations, e.g., the Armenians, et. al.

"At that point someone in the audience began to applaud and my stomach turned. I wanted to stand up and say there is a difference. In the case of the conspiracy to kill the xxxs, the order was to kill every infant, child, man and woman on the continent of Europe occupied by the Nazis, with a plan to do the same to every xxx in the world: The Final Solution. Children could not be adopted. No xxx could convert or be spared. That is not true of any other genocidal action of yesterday or today including that in Tibet, Darfur, Rwanda, Kosovo, et. al. I decided not to say anything so as to avoid an incident or unpleasant situation for the audience or the director, who only speaks French. No mike was provided to the audience and all questions translated by an interpreter. But I was wrong. We must speak up if we are to stop the escalating attacks against the xxxs."