Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Parskahayeren 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parskahayeren 101

Parskahayeren 101

So I was not sure really where to post this, so here it is.

Words or expressions you will find used commonly when we/Parskahay speak at home or with one another... or we do not want others to understand

I find it very amusing... no offense but these are just some words I've learned over the years that I use for comic relief...

the obvious.. babam or baba

tutfarangi - yelak

moz - banan lol

fandak - lutski

dirivari - ankap

bixod - again ankap

masalan - orinak

tohp - gndak

aslan - entanrapes (vapshe in russian)

shulugh - ambox (crowded)

xalvat - azat/hangist (not crowded)

xafesho - xextvi lol

jandam - dzhoxt

xarab - pchatsats (...aprank, not ppl lol)

ajab - apsos

musht - brrunsk (some guy once said "mushtov ktam face-eet" LOL)

jnjik - retin lol

medsmom - tat

medspap - pap

mamen - maman

papen - papan

laveeeeeeeeeeeees?? - vonces?

hehr - inchu

There is actually a joke for "Hehr":
    mi hat hayastanci gnuma parskahye-i msi xanut asuma, 'xozi mees unek?' parskahye@ asuma, 'hehr chunem?' hayastancin asuma, 'oghormi hor@t, bayc xozi mees unek?'

Anyway, thats all I can think of for now... feel free to add on to my list

Re: Parskahayeren 101

Parskahyes rock!!!
    Between childhood, boyhood,
    adolescence
    & manhood (maturity) there
    should be sharp lines drawn w/
    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
      Parskahyes rock!!!
      We are fun thats for sure!!

Comment

So are those all Persian words? (except for like baba and laveeeeeeeeeees? haha)

P.S. Do you speak Barsgeren?

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
          So are those all Persian words? (except for like baba and laveeeeeeeeeees? haha)

P.S. Do you speak Barsgeren?

Yes and Yes

Comment

Originally posted by AnushA26 View Post

fandak - lutski

Fandak in Persian means (cigarette) lighter.

dirivari - ankap
            It's darivari.

aslan - entanrapes (vapshe in russian)
            Aslan would be bolorovin.

ajab - apsos
            Ajab in Persian does not mean apsos. Heyf is the equivalent of apsos.

jnjik - retin lol

Jnjik (jnjel) is Armenian.

hehr - inchu
            Actually, her is not Persian and I wonder where the heck it comes from?

We are fun thats for sure!!

Yes, fun and funny; to laugh with and to laugh at!

PS: Do you really speak Persian??
            Last edited by Lucin; 12-02-2008, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin;213211Yes, fun and funny; to laugh with [I
              and[/I] to laugh at!

PS: Do you really speak Persian??
              A very broken version.

My parents are both from Iran/Iranahay and speak fluently, my brother was born there as well, but I was born here in the states.

I began learning from them speaking Farsi instead of Armenian when they didnt want me to understand what they were talking about LOL.

Comment

Es alacky, alacky bonera, incha?

Barskahye achiknere shot hamoven.
                Between childhood, boyhood,
                adolescence
                & manhood (maturity) there
                should be sharp lines drawn w/
                Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

A very broken version.
                  LOL, you just reminded me of my little cousin who has been learning English for just a few months, and then comes to me everytime throwing some English words and repeating confidently yes anglerens avartelema. Oh I miss him!

Inch khabar?/ Alaki/ Dzerkt ch'tsava/ hoknats chelnes/ achks jur chi khmum (lol, this one is really funny, I don't think Armenian speakers can guess the meaning) are also part of the distorted Armenian, many Parskahais use. The expressions are directly translated from Persian.
                  Last edited by Lucin; 12-03-2008, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                    LOL, you just reminded me of my little cousin who has been learning English for just a few months, and then comes to me everytime throwing some English words and repeating confidently yes anglerens avartelema. Oh I miss him!

Inch khabar?/ Alaki/ Dzerkt ch'tsava/ hoknats chelnes/ achks jur chi khmum (lol, this one is really funny, I don't think Armenian speakers can guess the meaning) are also part of the distorted Armenian, many Parskahais use. The expressions are directly translated from Persian.

Awe thank you.. LOL..

Exactly. That is what happens they are not phrases or words just different sounding because of dialect, but as you said persian expressions translated.

Some of my friends go nuts with me if I get excited about something and dont pay attention and mix too much of my speech. It actually is a bad habit. But I do have many Beirutsi friends that do the same with arabic phrases as well, so I guess to some extent we all may do this from time to time.

The worst is the teasing over the fact that I tend to over elongate words when I speak. Or the ever present comment "Oh you guys talk so cute" LOL.. gag

Comment

Working...
                    X