Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Mahir Kaynak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahir Kaynak

Hi all,
    Nowadays, I've read a book about "derin devlet", illegal activities of the states and intelligence agencies. One of the interviewees in the book is Mahir Kaynak, a former official in MİT (Turkish Intelligence Agency).
    I've translated the part about ASALA. If I can find some time, I may translate a part about political murders (whihc can be linked with murder of Hrant Dink).

- There are still question marks about what ASALA was and wasn’t. What has happened in the backstage?
    - It seemed that ASALA was an organization trying to found an Armenian state in Turkey or trying to have Armenians gain some land. In order to present their goals to the public opinion of the world, they made some assaults and mainly killed our diplomats. I asked this question to myself: Why only diplomats were killed? You could kill an ordinary Turkish entrepreneur or soldier and tell that “we did it for the sake of Armenian cause”.
    The second question: They committed murders one after another in the biggest capital cities of Europe and none of the murderers could have been found. It seems they didn’t have any soft spot. I found it a little bit extraordinary.
    A third thing: Their elimination. An organization, which is very organized and able to commit murders in the most important capital cities of the World, was suddenly eliminated by actions of two armed Turkish gunslingers. In one hand, excellence of the organization, on the other hand, simplicity of its elimination. There is a contradiction. If there is a conflict somewhere, opponents definitely have some losses. If we had some operations against them, they should expect to have some losses. Did ASALA say that: I will fight against Turks, I’ll do anything, but they didn’t resist. If they shoot a bullet, we will disintegrate. Sound very implausible.
    - What’s your conclusion about that then?
    - Here is my conclusion: This organization was a group of murderers put on Armenian masks and these people were certainly backed by a foreign intelligence agency. Their aim was to purge a squad in Turkish Foreign Affairs.
    - Which squad?
    - I looked for a common point. I may have some mistakes in my evaluation. However, these were the diplomats who were most close to the idea of Europe in Turkey.
    - If you say close diplomats to the idea of Europe, then we assume that USA was in the backstage of all these events.
    - I can’t know that. I reached my conclusions with following rumors. I could be mistaken.
    - Couldn’t the ones, who did this, apply to other methods?
    - That’s a nice method. At the same time, you eliminate some people and make pressure over others. In conclusion, we can tell that: There is an inconsistency between the allegations and their disappearance. Their allegations shouldn’t end up with only a massacre against diplomats. They could engage in other activities. With that respect, I don’t think it was a problem of Armenians.
    If you kill under such a mask, you create some pressure over Foreign Affairs. There is a threat and this threat couldn’t be prevented. A person can be overwhelmed by such a threat.

Mete, Ömer Lütfi and Kaynak, Mahir. "Derin Devlet" Timaş Yayınları, 2008.
    Last edited by seruven; 01-04-2009, 02:01 AM.

Re: Mahir Kaynak

- What do you think about the murder of Abdi İpekçi*?
    - There was only one reason for the murder of Abdi İpekçi. In that time, Abdi İpekçi was against the conflict between right and left and was defending the peace. Elimination of the conflict between right and left would cause the coup* not to be realized. The conflict was prepared in order to justify the coup d’état. Would people forgo their targets for the sake of Abdi İpekçi? He was also undertaking important roles. For example, he was giving place to Alparslan Türkeş* in his columns and putting all his efforts in order to enhance the environment of mutual peace. The planners of the coup didn’t want anybody to stand against them.
    - The murder of Gün Sazak*?
    - Yes, always the moderate ones, peace supporters were murdered. It’s interesting that peace supporters were being killed. Generally, if there is a conflict, the extremists are chosen as a target. If the ones asking for peace are chosen as targets in a conflict, it indicates the interference of a third party. Such murders are not committed by the opponent side, but rather by a third party.
    - What was the strategic purpose of the murder of Özdemir Sabancı*?
    - What I see as the purpose is that they gave a message to all money holders: “Do not interfere to the Kurdish problem. We even find you in the 27th floor.”

Reading notes from serüven:
    1) Abdi İpekçi was a journalist and editor of the newspaper Milliyet. He was assasinated in 1979.
    2) The aforementioned coup was realized in 12 September 1980. There was great tension between right and left and the country was in a turbulance then. The coup totally changed the economic orientation of the country and Turkey adopted all kind of neoliberal economic policies promoted by US and international institutions.
    3) Alparslan Türkeş was the leader of right wing greywolves and their party of Nationalist Movement Party.
    4) Gün Sazak was a member of Türkeş's party. He also served as a minister. Murdered in May of 1980.
    5) Özdemir Sabancı was a member of Sabancı family, one of the richest families in Turkey. He was murdered in highly protected Sabancı Towers in 1996.

Comment

Working...
    X