Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Places That Don't Exist - Nagorno-Karabakh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places That Don't Exist - Nagorno-Karabakh

Places That Don't Exist - Nagorno-Karabakh

"Places that Don't Exist" (their title, not mine ) is a 4 part series I found on YouTube produced by BBC, not sure of the year but I think around 2005. Other episodes examine the conflicts in Abkhazia, South Osettia and Somaliland, etc. The host takes you to both sides of the conflict and tries to show us the "horrors" that were committed against the Azeris who vow to "take back" their "homeland" . The Western bias towards the Azeris is so obvious it makes me want to puke but it's an interesting watch...

P.S. Of interesting not is how the host describes the Armenian trenches. He says they "look more professional" than the Azeris' trenches. Now, why is that, when a nation like Azeribaijan is so rich with oil? Is it because Armenians are inherently smarter and more resourceful? I think so.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4

Re: Places That Don't Exist - Nagorno-Karabakh

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
    "Places that Don't Exist" (their title, not mine ) is a 4 part series I found on YouTube produced by BBC, not sure of the year but I think around 2005. Other episodes examine the conflicts in Abkhazia, South Osettia and Somaliland, etc. The host takes you to both sides of the conflict and tries to show us the "horrors" that were committed against the Azeris who vow to "take back" their "homeland" . The Western bias towards the Azeris is so obvious it makes me want to puke but it's an interesting watch...
    This documentary was posted by another forum member some time ago. I did not feel that the report was anti-Armenian or pro-Azeri, it was just from a perspective of a non-Armenian. As a matter of fact, I like the way Armenians and Artsakh were portrayed by the producers of this video report. It was interesting to compare front line battle trenches of Azeris and Armenians. But the bast part was the second half of part 3 - the pedestrians fartsing around the minefield as the two Brits stood there in shock. So typical of the region's Armo population
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

"Only the strong can have rights"

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
        So typical of the region's Armo population
        Yes absolutely -- those people could come out of a stereotype comic -- cracked me up as well -- .

Comment

In this world, where the only thing people understand is strength, I'm much happier that the report showed, or at least hinted at, our strength, our professionalism, and organization, rather than if they had equally shone the light on the suffering and human side of Artsakh.

There are plenty of reports on the suffering of Palestinians. We can all tell how much that has helped them.

Also, the report mentioned that the region is Christian Armenian, given away by Stalin. So, at least the facts were not manipulated or words minced.

Hey everybody!!!!!

Comment

Where have you been, karo?

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
              P.S. Of interesting not is how the host describes the Armenian trenches. He says they "look more professional" than the Azeris' trenches. Now, why is that, when a nation like Azeribaijan is so rich with oil? Is it because Armenians are inherently smarter and more resourceful? I think so.
              No comrade. The frontlines are neglected for a reason. The Azeri army is kept low quality for a reason. If you sit down and seriously think about it for a while you will realize that the Alievs, father and son, are our friends. Friends in the sense that for various geopolitical reasons they are objective/realistic enough to realize that renewed hostilities in Artsakh will not be tolerated. Baku is afraid of Moscow, as well as Tehran. That is the reason why although awash in petrodollars and having intimate connections with Turks, Westerners and Israelis Baku has not been actively attempting to reclaim the territories in question. Don't mind the domestic tough talk by Aliev Jr, he has to do it. But he will in no way step on the tails of Moscow or Tehran. Again, it's in our interest to have somebody like Aliev in power in Baku. Trust me on this.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper View Post
                In this world, where the only thing people understand is strength, I'm much happier that the report showed, or at least hinted at, our strength, our professionalism, and organization, rather than if they had equally shone the light on the suffering and human side of Artsakh. There are plenty of reports on the suffering of Palestinians. We can all tell how much that has helped them.
                Apres hazar apres, doktor jan. That is why I can't tolerate our diaspora based genocide obsessed idiots. In the big picture, these people do us more harm than good. If all this genocide recognition energy - monetary, physical, organizational, emotional, etc. - was placed on strengthening the Armenian Republic instead the recognition of the genocide as well as the acquisition of our historic lands would be made much easier. Instead, diaporans obsess over crying at the feet of the great powers with the hopes that one day, maybe one day, they will look at our suffering and stand up for justice.

And they say Armenians are smart...

Anyway, welcome back, we miss you.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                  No comrade. The frontlines are neglected for a reason. The Azeri army is kept low quality for a reason. If you sit down and seriously think about it for a while you will realize that the Alievs, father and son, are our friends. Friends in the sense that for various geopolitical reasons they are objective/realistic enough to realize that renewed hostilities in Artsakh will not be tolerated. Baku is afraid of Moscow, as well as Tehran. That is the reason why although awash in petrodollars and having intimate connections with Turks, Westerners and Israelis Baku has not been actively attempting to reclaim the territories in question. Don't mind the domestic tough talk by Aliev Jr, he has to do it. But he will in no way step on the tails of Moscow or Tehran. Again, it's in our interest to have somebody like Aliev in power in Baku. Trust me on this.
                  That's an interesting analysis, and makes a lot of sense. However, it is obviously the opposite of what first comes to mind when reports like this one come out of Asbarez on an almost regular basis.

Comment

aliyev is biding his time. If he ever thought he could get away with a new war he would do it. It's like how sackaxxxxvill thought he had the green light to go into S. Ossetia or Saddam going into Kuwait.

I continue to praise the officials in Yerevan for pouring money and resources into keeping our military ready for any attemps by azerbaijan to restart the war. We can not and will not be caught with our pants down.
                    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                    X