Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

swine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swine

Thursday, March 19, 2009
    SWINE
    Again and again we are told by so-called experts in Washington that the bonuses of the chief executive officers on Wall Street are such an insignificant fraction of the total bailout that it is a waste of time discussing them. These gentlemen must be blind not to see that a million dollars is a million dollars; it may be small change to some, but they are a fortune to the rest of mankind who must work for a living. And I suspect the outrage is less about the bonuses themselves and more about the fact that the very same individuals who are responsible for the present crisis have the judgment and manners of greedy swine.
    C.G. Jung: "Even in our civilization, the people who form, psychologically speaking, the lowest stratum, live almost as unconsciously as primitive races."
    The words of an honest man don’t need definitions; but the commas of a crook should be carefully examined under a microscope.
    We are told by scientists that we are made of stardust, and it is the dust that survives.
    I knew I was going places when a number of Oriental carpet dealers wanted to hire my services as reviewer and translator of their books. These gentlemen are not the kind that would waste their money carelessly.
    It is men without honor who are the first to rise in defense of their honor.
    #
    Friday, March 20, 2009
    ON A NUMBER OF THINGS
    Obama wants to negotiate with Iran. I suspect Iranians will not fall for his rhetoric as readily as those who voted for him. That's because they have their own brand of rhetoric; and when rhetoric meets rhetoric the result is bound to be a dead end.
    Talaat's blunder: left to their own devices, Armenians would have done a far more through job on themselves.
    While listening to the televised sermon of a bishop, I could not help thinking: “I don't believe a word he says, and I doubt if he does.”
    Bonus: What's a five-letter word that starts with a “b” that stands for bastard, and ends with an “s” that stands for swine?
    Armenian Ottomanism: alienating a fellow Armenian in the name of patriotism.
    Atheism: If an ant were to speak to me and say, “I don't believe in your existence,” would I step on it?
    Benefactors: Take away their money and what have you got? An empty suit, albeit an expensive one. Am I alienating benefactors? Hell no! What I say has as much effect on them as the fart of an ant.
    #
    Saturday, March 21, 2009
    JOHN UPDIKE
    After COUPLES, I read everything he wrote, and he wrote a great deal, and he knew how to write -- fiction as well as criticism and poetry. He was an inspired craftsman. His nonfiction was as good as his fiction, which is not something that can be said about such contemporaries of his as Mailer, Bellow, and Roth. But somewhere along the line – it may have been after the second or third RABBIT – I gave up reading him.
    Shortly before he died a few days ago I read a critical essay about him by a young American writer in whose last sentence Updike was dismissed as an “xxxxxxx.” (I later learned this critic had committed suicide.)
    I am now reading Updike's TOWARD THE END OF TIME (1997), an autobiographical novel about old age that, as always with Updike, brims with sharp observations and verbal felicities. And now I am looking forward to reading his posthumous works – diaries, notebooks, correspondence, perhaps even an unfinished novel and several big biographies.
    Some random samples of Updike's descriptive skill:
    “Girls with orange hair hanging like seaweed or loosely bound with gold barrettes like pirate treasure.”
    “A runty senior with a huge mane of black hair that for diving he did up in a hairband like a Greek girl.”
    “The first breath of adultery is the freest; after it, constraints aping marriage develop.”
    “An aluminum screen door with a misadjusted pneumatic attachment that snaps like lightning the first two-thirds of its arc and then closes the last third slow as a clock ticking.”
    #

Re: swine

1. Obama is not change, simply a re-evaluation of Bill Clinton's policy (I expect Obama to stop the Armenian Genocide being recognized in the USA as Clinton did)

2. US Foreign Policy+Israeli Foreign Policy are almost identical and since Israel hates its Arab neighbors, and Obama is pro-Israeli, he will be all talk and no action with Iran, at best he will start some negotiations and break them off (to make it look like it was Iran's fault)

Comment

Give Obama a chance hipeter don't be so quick to judge.
      Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
        Give Obama a chance hipeter don't be so quick to judge.
        I did and the US economy isn't getting any better nor is the foreign policy.

Comment

Obama hasn't even been President for two months.
          Why are you blaming him? It should be Bush who should be pist off at.

Comment

Obama hasn't even been President for two months.
            Why are you blaming him? It should be Bush who should be pist off at.
            I don't have to blame him, in fact the people to blame are the American bureaucrats (and Hillary Clinton), who are devoted to wasting as much money and time as possible.

Comment

You must be a hardcore republican.

Comment

Thursday, March 26, 2009
                ON REVOLUTION
                The average layman may not understand the exact meaning of subprime mortgages, hedge funds, toxic assets, and all the complexities of the present economic crisis, but he understands greed when he sees it and recognizes a bloodsucker when he sees one.
                Anger is negative, we are told. Anger does not solve problems.
                Where would revolutions be without anger?
                Where would America be without its Revolution?
                Americans today, especially the homeless and the unemployed, have many more reasons to be angry and to revolt against their financial officers on Wall Street and representatives in Washington than they had against the mad English king.
                You say, anger is negative?
                I say, what could be more positive than anger against corruption, greed, incompetence, and injustice?
                Even if they are allowed to keep their bonuses, the CEOs will spend it in fear, they will live in fear, and they may even go underground for the duration. Some day they may even realize that accepting those bonuses was the dumbest thing they ever did.
                Organized religions have victimized more innocent civilians than organized crime. The same could be said of organized ideologies, including nationalism.
                Under a corrupt or authoritarian regime, law and order might as well be synonymous with fear and lawlessness.
                #

Comment

You must be a hardcore republican.
                  1) I am liberal
                  2) I hate Bush
                  3) I never trust politicians to be anything but manipulative and/self-serving

Comment

Working...
                  X