Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Gay and Armenian people in Canada

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay and Armenian people in Canada

Hi, I would like to ask for Armenian people's opinions, perhaps specific with Armenian people in Canada, but well all of you can share your opinion since I love to hear from as much people as I can.

Well here the story goes, I am asian gay boy(24 y/o) and I have an Armenian bf who was born and raised in Canada. He is 20 y/o and still lives with his parents. We went out for about two months. Everything was great and perfect. He was the best bf I ever had, like seriously I thought I was lucky to find the one. On one Monday, we were going to meet but he didn't know the exact time his research will be done, he called me said ok i'm going to the research prolly half an hour to an hour. he called me again later but I didn't wake up yet since I went to bed at like five the night before. So I said you can go see the doctor now we dont' have to meet today. He said ok.
    Then later I woke up went to see doctor, he called me saying ok he's at the doctor (different one). I asked him if we are going to meet today. He said no, it's his brother birthday. Everything seemed fine. I said well we can make it tomorrow or the day after.

Two hours later, he called me and asked me where I am. I said I'm outside. He asked me to be home so he will come to meet me at my place in an hour. I was like what's going on, you said it's your brother bday. I didn't even finish my sentence. I heard his mom screamed from the back saying "YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE, TAKE YOUR CLOTHES AND GO TO YOUR ROOM". He said gonna call me back. He called me back like two mins later saying "Baby, I'm sorry I can't do this anymore" I said "what do you mean" he said "I can't do us anymore my parents found out. So he was grounded. I still met for a talk about what's going on. and I wonder if he could manage to meet me then how come he can't manage to meet me later. He said he cared about me, he cried right when he saw me. He said he wanted me this and that but his family is more important. I said well can we be friends and stuff. He said if his dad finds out again then he will be kicked out. He said he wanted to be friends and then we agreed. But his action from that day was not the same as he said. I could feel the different in him. He has changed perhaps by his parents. I am hurt. I still can't get over him. Wanna know how he has been doing and stuff. Still wanna talk to him. All he said was sorry to put you through all this.

So I wonder how Armenian thinks of gay people, perhaps specific to gay children. Is it embarrassing? I don't think he can change, he said he likes both girl and guy, but I know all my heart he likes guys so much. Like I never saw him look at girl but guy. So, just in your opinion, what do you think about this situation? I felt so bad for him, yet I don't wanna lose him (like I said, I found the one i was looking for). Am I selfish that I still want him? I don't care if it's just a friend hanging out no sex or something. I just wanna see him, talk to him sometimes hug him and help him with everything. I can't cut him off my life forever. It is so sad. And I was surprised how he could still hang out with his friends and stuff, even went to Britney Spears concert. I was surprised since he can go out with his friends, but how come he didn't include me in there. Like I used to hang out with his friends before and it's fine. I know he is a really good guy. He said he doesn't wanna lie to his parents anymore. So please give me your opinion, it's been three weeks now, but I am still depressed and sad. I missed him a lot, been crying alot. Thank you guys
    Last edited by loveone; 04-01-2009, 07:30 PM.

Re: Gay and Armenian people in Canada

OK. From this thread I'm reading, I cannot tell if you're a guy or a girl.
    Towards the end you mention "gay children," which then totally switches everything off. How old are you? I'm assuming you are a female.

Don't waste your time with someone like that. If it was "meant to be" then he'll come back. In the meanwhile, don't be so clingy all over this guy. Guys, in general, dislike gooey girls that like to stick to their rears.
    Last edited by iFemale; 04-02-2009, 04:18 PM. Reason: Blooper

Comment

lol ok

Comment

I am 24 y/o and I am gay

Comment

^ That explains a lot.
          I'm sorry to hear that.
          Good luck on your quest for Camelot.
          Last edited by iFemale; 04-03-2009, 02:37 AM. Reason: Blooper!

Comment

Armenians don't tend to be the most liberal regarding freedom of sexual orientation. His parents don't want him to be gay, in their view it is an anomaly and they will not accept him in their house if he continues in this direction.

He made a choice to remain in the good graces of his parents given his dependence on them. I sympathize for your heartache, but if you are going to hang out with him again in the future, it'll ultimately be up to him.

Comment

Originally posted by loveone View Post
              So please give me your opinion, it's been three weeks now, but I am still depressed and sad.
              You probably know by now that the backward thinking of people here will depress you even more.

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
              Armenians don't tend to be the most liberal regarding freedom of sexual orientation. His parents don't want him to be gay, in their view it is an anomaly and they will not accept him in their house if he continues in this direction.

He made a choice to remain in the good graces of his parents given his dependence on them. I sympathize for your heartache, but if you are going to hang out with him again in the future, it'll ultimately be up to him.
              Thank god that somebody understands what civility means.

Comment

To the thread starter: how about you just not be a gay?

Comment

Lol it sounds kind of stupid and funny.

Comment

Sounds to me like there are 3 problems:

1. He is Armenian and Armenian parents aren't exactly known for their understanding of the gays.
                    2. He is 20 years old and his mommy is telling him what he can and cannot do.
                    3. If he really loved you, he wouldn't ditch you like this.

Combine these 3 facts and you have three choices:

1. Cut your losses and move on.
                    2. Take a chance, assume he loves you, and keep waiting in the hopes that he will grow some balls (no pun intended) and tell his mom what he really wants to do and how he wants to live his own life.
                    3. Kidnap him and tie him up in your cellar.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                    X