Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Do you really want open borders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you really want open borders?

These days Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Armenian diaspora have a new hot topic to talk and swear in their free times: Turkish-Armenian border.

Some says it is more likely to be opened this year, maybe this Fall. Some says in 2010; and some others say 'not soon...'

However, we all know (I hope we do) it has never been that close.

So, my question is, do Armenians really want the borders to be opened?

You, in your warm and comfortable tv chairs in America and France may not be aware but Turkey is a away stronger and bigger country than Armenia. Opening the borders would somehow bind Armenia to Turkey.

You probably do not know but in Georgia, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Syria, even in Russia and Ukraine and in Northern Iraq (yep, the Kurdish region that you think Turkey has bad relationships) are filled with thousands of Turkish companies.

Yes, even in Russia and Kurdish Iraq!

They build houses, malls, dams; they bring their own workers from Turkey; they sell Turkish food, clothes, home electronics; they sell various vehicles, construction tools, house tools, bathroom tools, marble, iron... Dozens of other stuff I do not mention here.

In every city of Russia, Georgia, Ukraine there are Turkish companies.

And, third time Im saying again you probably do not know but those companies are the hard-core supporters of 'open the border' campaign in Turkey. That is because of the global crisis and Armenia is a pure, newly bazaar.

Other supporters are the local -big but not so big- traders close to the border.

So?

Lets take a look to Armenia today. No trade via Azerbaijan and Turkey. Iran? Yes but it is Iran; Turks would overthrow Irani companies. And Georgia, which is a small and anti-Russian state.

Armenia would be invaded with Turkish companies and Turkish businessmen. And more they come, more Yerivan would be bound to Ankara, in economical terms. This is a natural result of 'friendship' in global world.

And when both countries start to come closer, diaspora would have less importance for Armenia. And Armenia would not be that free (?).

You know what? Once, former Georgian President said "Georgia is not the southern part of Russia but northern part of Turkey" Anyone still remembers that?

Im sure you believe Armenia would never be like that; neither Georgia is. That sentence was a diplomatic tactic but it also shows that, Georgia needs Turkey for its European dreams.

And Armenia would be on the same way too.

So, my question again,

Why do you support opening the border???

Re: Do you really want open borders?

I don't want the border opened, I want it moved, to the Sevres lines.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
      I don't want the border opened, I want it moved, to the Sevres lines.
      Unfortunately we run out of Sevres, but we have Lausanne instead, want some?

Next 'reasonable' reply please.

Comment

Originally posted by THQ View Post
        Unfortunately we run out of Sevres, but we have Lausanne instead, want some?

Next 'reasonable' reply please.
        No, we'll stick with Sevres and have 90% back please.

Comment

THQ:
          You are right, it is a double edge sword but Armenia knows about this potential problem and has been talking about passing several laws that will forbid Armenian companies from selling themselves out to Turkey.

Opening the boarders would be beneficial to both Countries and it would give a chance for Armenia to teach Turkey to grow up and act like a responsible neighbor in today’s world but I say there should be preconditions. Armenia should not allow Turkish businesses in until they stop at every village and town to ask for forgiveness for their forfathers crimes against the Armenian people, kiss their hand, and pay big retributions as they go.
          Furthermore, the leaders of Turkey must all publically and internationally recognize the AG and apologize to the world for their foul conducts and the continuation of their denial of historical facts, destroy Article 301 in public and rewrite their false History books and try to maybe one day restore its honor (not likely).

Not realistic you say? It is OK brotherman. Turkey can continue to be a good little puppet with strings that go all the way to Israel and US while Armenia will stay under the Russian Wing for now. It is not like Armenians will ever disappear from the earth........we have a mission to accomplish. Ha
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

This actually will help Armenia a lot. More EU products will flow into Armenia (including Turkish), but it will put less economic strain on us. I don't think many Turks will want to come to Armenia so our country won't be infested with them. For Karabakh, Azeri's will have less place to pressure us and Turkish-Azeri relations will be strained a little. Also Turkey going into EU will be good for us. Then Turkey cannot do anything stupid like help Azeri's if a war breaks out. Also, we might have a chance of entering EU since we will be bordering EU country and our government has expressed interest in joining. Of course, addmission into EU for Armenia is long way off.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              Also Turkey going into EU will be good for us. Then Turkey cannot do anything stupid like help Azeri's if a war breaks out.
              I think with the current administration in Turkey, what they would want less is a hot conflict between Armenia and Georgia. Ankara's solution is full autonomy for Karabag under Azerbaijan rule OR an independence state with the condition of return of million Azeri refugees to Karabag and return of Armenian settlers who came to the region after the war. Something like that.

Comment

I think with the current administration in Turkey, what they would want less is a hot conflict between Armenia and Georgia. Ankara's solution is full autonomy for Karabag under Azerbaijan rule OR an independence state with the condition of return of million Azeri refugees to Karabag and return of Armenian settlers who came to the region after the war. Something like that.
                Sorry but no one cares what the solution of Ankara is and never will care. There are two solutions that can be accepted full independence or Artsakh becomes a part of Armenia. That's it noting else will/can be accepted.

Comment

So, my question is, do Armenians really want the borders to be opened?
                  So, my question again,

Why do you support opening the border???
                  So THQ, do you support opening the border?

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                    Sorry but no one cares what the solution of Ankara is and never will care. There are two solutions that can be accepted full independence or Artsakh becomes a part of Armenia. That's it noting else will/can be accepted.
                    If you do not care what others do think, and will not care; then you have no right to say something against Turkish denial. Because you will not have a right to claim Ankara is ignorant. They also do not have to care what Diaspora or Armenia think, right?

Anyway, no one but Russia supports Yerevan; because of people like you. And all Russia cares is having soldiers there.

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                    So THQ, do you support opening the border?
                    I dont care.

Comment

Working...
                    X