Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

A Shameful fact.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Shameful fact.

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
    Armenian is not easy to learn. I had armenian upbringing, talked arabafied western armenian since i was kid, and went to armenian school, and inspite all of that, i'm still not fluent at it. so how do you expect a child born in glendale to learn it? you need armenian schools, speaking armenian at home, all those factors must be taken care of.
    Western vs eastern armenian differences don't help either.
    I think if the person is raised with the language and spoken at home, that's the biggest thing you can do. Of course in the end it depends on the person and their desire to keep the language.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
      BTW, the Celts were not indigenous to the Britain, they migrated from Eurasia.
      There were no "Celts" in Britain. There was no Celtic migration into Britain. This false and discredited belief came as a result of backward-thinging persons assuming that cultural artifacts = ethnicity.

Using their faulty reasoning, you, of course, are mostly Chinese, because most of the computer you use to post here was made in China.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 12-08-2011, 09:57 AM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        There were no "Celts" in Britain. There was no Celtic migration into Britain. This false and discredited belief came as a result of backward-thinging persons assuming that cultural artifacts = ethnicity.

Using their faulty reasoning, you, of course, are mostly Chinese, because most of the computer you use to post here was made in China.
        According to whom, some queer English "Historian"?

The spread of 'Celtic' or La Tène culture in green; the core area of the earlier Hallstatt culture shown in yellow

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post

and you are a turc.

Comment

I visit Armenia when life allows me to, and do plan on repatriating when life tells me I'm ready. In the meanwhile, the internet temporarily comforts my hunger for Armenia. There is a great wealth of information on the internet that can help Armenians restore their crumbling identity (I'm the foremost example of this). You can literally learn to speak and read Armenian if you want to using nothing but the internet. With technology these days, you don't have to be in Armenia to be part of Armenia, though it's all superficial if you're not. All Armenians should have dual citizenship, and Armenia must begin to work to provide Armenians the means to acquire it without hassle; and eventually repatriate (think Israel when it was born). We should be a nation among nations, with our Kentron being Armenia. The diaspora being Armenia's lungs, and the Hayastantsi/Artsakhtsis being Armenia's heart. Unfortunately, most laymen Armenians view Armenia as "where my ancestors come from" rather than "where I belong."

Those Armenians who don't show interest in Armenia don't do so because the sad truth is that Armenia doesn't entertain or fascinate them. Times are changing though, hopefully. With our success in the Euro qualifications this year, how many Armenian football fans did the national team acquire? It seems like nothing, but it helped united Armenians worldwide, and got me into the Armenian league! This helps build our culture, which in turns helps build and preserve our identity. It takes Armenian movies, music, sports,games, etc. to get those laymen Armenians to get interested in Armenia. I was really looking forward to that "East of Byzantium" movie that we stopped hearing about. We need to provide means for our people to know more about themselves than just the genocide. Laymen will go with the flow, and we can't blame them for that since they're humans and they want to live a life. It's their leaders who will control that flow, and Armenians lack leaders, so it's our job to fill in this gap. Instead of complaining, we should get to work.

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post
              According to whom, some queer English "Historian"?

The spread of 'Celtic' or La Tène culture in green; the core area of the earlier Hallstatt culture shown in yellow
              That only shows the spread of the culture for example most of Iberia there weren't any Celts living. Spread of Culture doesn't mean much, in 100 years you make the same map of the spread of American culture or you can make the spread of Hellinism.

Comment

Originally posted by SevSpitak View Post
                I visit Armenia when life allows me to, and do plan on repatriating when life tells me I'm ready. In the meanwhile, the internet temporarily comforts my hunger for Armenia. There is a great wealth of information on the internet that can help Armenians restore their crumbling identity (I'm the foremost example of this). You can literally learn to speak and read Armenian if you want to using nothing but the internet. With technology these days, you don't have to be in Armenia to be part of Armenia, though it's all superficial if you're not. All Armenians should have dual citizenship, and Armenia must begin to work to provide Armenians the means to acquire it without hassle; and eventually repatriate (think Israel when it was born). We should be a nation among nations, with our Kentron being Armenia. The diaspora being Armenia's lungs, and the Hayastantsi/Artsakhtsis being Armenia's heart. Unfortunately, most laymen Armenians view Armenia as "where my ancestors come from" rather than "where I belong."

Those Armenians who don't show interest in Armenia don't do so because the sad truth is that Armenia doesn't entertain or fascinate them. Times are changing though, hopefully. With our success in the Euro qualifications this year, how many Armenian football fans did the national team acquire? It seems like nothing, but it helped united Armenians worldwide, and got me into the Armenian league! This helps build our culture, which in turns helps build and preserve our identity. It takes Armenian movies, music, sports,games, etc. to get those laymen Armenians to get interested in Armenia. I was really looking forward to that "East of Byzantium" movie that we stopped hearing about. We need to provide means for our people to know more about themselves than just the genocide. Laymen will go with the flow, and we can't blame them for that since they're humans and they want to live a life. It's their leaders who will control that flow, and Armenians lack leaders, so it's our job to fill in this gap. Instead of complaining, we should get to work.
                Even though I don't like Israel because of its politics, I do think that they are a good role model for us when it comes to relations with diaspora. Look what they've been able to do and it's all thanks to a world-wide network of Zionists and xxxs. We all need to be united in supporting Armenia and not let differences amongst us divide us. One big obstacle I think is the corruption and oligarchy that is present in Armenia. Oligarchs that care about their pockets rather than future of the nation.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                  That only shows the spread of the culture for example most of Iberia there weren't any Celts living. Spread of Culture doesn't mean much, in 100 years you make the same map of the spread of American culture or you can make the spread of Hellinism.
                  It is pointless for you to try and explain this to people like retro or hrai. I sometimes wonder if they have even a basic education. Maybe they actually do think they are Chinese when they type on a keyboard made in China!
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Who to blame, is the most important question?

When you see Armenian kids go to Armenian school & they speak English & no one says anything, when parents don't make that extra effort to teach them Armenian or send them to Sunday school , what do you expect.

I went to Armenian school until 4th grade, but I always & still try to speak Armenian at home & at work.
                    Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
                      Who to blame, is the most important question?

When you see Armenian kids go to Armenian school & they speak English & no one says anything, when parents don't make that extra effort to teach them Armenian or send them to Sunday school , what do you expect.

I went to Armenian school until 4th grade, but I always & still try to speak Armenian at home & at work.
                      Kids think more about being "cool" and accepted in society than preserving their language. Of course, a lot of what they value comes from how their parents raise them and with what values they are raised.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X