Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Would You Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Go?

Considering the situation in Artsakh, a full blown war isn't too crazy to think about.

I want to know how many of you who are of age and even younger will go to fight? If fighting starts again, I know I will buy the first ticket to go there and help in any way.

Even if they do not need or will not let help, I will go to Armenia anyway and stay there in case they need any help at all. During the Karabagh war many people from here went and fought..like Monte! : )

Re: Would You Go?

It's easy to say one would go while in a safe place, but when you actually have an AK-47 in your hands, the enemy in front of you, men dying left and right, and you getting shot at, it's a whole other picture. When you realize your life can end right there, it is much different feeling. I like to say I would fight, but it's difficult to say for sure, I both love my country but I also love my own life.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Well put Mos, but I am sure I would go and fight although they wont let me fight till' I'm 18. I love my country but I look at my family and them struggling so that's kind of hard to answer but if I had nothing to lose I'd do it.

I would love to fight for my country.

Comment

Well the whole reason why we won is because we had men who didn't care about their own lives and they would be happy to lose everything they had if it helped them win.

Comment

But war is very unlikely start, even if does Karabakhtis (excluding Armenians) would defeat the Azeris. Why? because Azeri soldiers don't care about Karabakh, they are just forced to fight, Karabakhtis will give their life for their land. That is why we gave the Azeris, who had an army much bigger and advanced than ours, such a beating that we could have gone all the way to Baku. Also, Iran would help us because they hate Azeris and maybe Russia if Azeris go towards NATO. We're in good position now.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Tiko310 View Post
            Considering the situation in Artsakh, a full blown war isn't too crazy to think about.

I want to know how many of you who are of age and even younger will go to fight? If fighting starts again, I know I will buy the first ticket to go there and help in any way.

Even if they do not need or will not let help, I will go to Armenia anyway and stay there in case they need any help at all. During the Karabagh war many people from here went and fought..like Monte! : )
            I'll go in a heartbeat.
            Every Diasporan Armenian who can go, should...........remember there'll be a fair few from Hayastan getting on planes,trains & automobiles the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              It's easy to say one would go while in a safe place, but when you actually have an AK-47 in your hands, the enemy in front of you, men dying left and right, and you getting shot at, it's a whole other picture. When you realize your life can end right there, it is much different feeling. I like to say I would fight, but it's difficult to say for sure, I both love my country but I also love my own life.
              Good point.
              But what of your family who are alongside & behind you?
              Brothers to fight with you, sisters to be protected. Every brave soldier is scared before battle, in battle and after battle.

Comment

yes, axpars tend to be much more nationalistic than hayastancis. In Armenia, there is great amount of cynisim towards the government and elite and many will do anything to go out of Armenia.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post

Հողը սուրբ է, դա շիրիմն է մեր նախնյաց,
                  Հողն է պահում օրօրոցը հայ մանկաց,
                  Հողը զգոն սաղավարտ է պահապան,
                  Դրանից վեր չկա ոչ մի, ոչ մի բան:
                  Հողն է ծնում հողն է պահում ազգերին,
                  Հողն է թաղում հող չպաշտող ցեղերին,
                  Հողը սուրբ է՝ եւ մատուռն է մեր ուխտի,
                  Հողը սուրբ է ու փարոսն է պանդուխտի:

Հերոսների արյան գինն է մեր հողը
                  Այդ արյունից էլ անգին է մեր հողը
                  Կայքից վեր է, կյանքից վեր է մեր հողը
                  Նախնյաց նվեր եւ պատվեր է մեր հողը:

Comment

It's a common mistake to assume that Artsakh is a separate entity and the war only affect Artsakh. Losing Artsakh will result in complete destruction and mongolification of my country. The prospect of that happening is horrendous and I wouldn't want to live at all if that happens. What are you going tell the foreigner when he asks you what's your nationality? 'I'm from an extinct country that used to be called Armenia, now it's populated by slant eyed seljuk filth' that's the most denigrating thing that can happen to me. Don't even doubt that I will interrupt my education to go and fight for the country and for my relatives, I have lots of relatives there. I don't want to be a rootless, homeless vagabond without a country begging foreigners to give me asylum because I was weak and couldn't defeat the inferior Asian seljuk scum. Even if you're afraid to go and fight you should coordinate your efforts and support the soldiers financially and morally.

Comment

Working...
                    X