Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

want to learn Armenian.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: want to learn Armenian.

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
    Hello Despina.

Firstly, I would like to state that I am pleased to see you are fascinated with the Armenian language.
    It is quite a treat to stumble upon individuals who aren't even Armenian but yet have such desire to find out about the language. I am happy for you and hope you have great success regarding this. You'd be surprised how many Armenians couldn't care less about their own culture, nor the language. And for someone like you who is willing to gain knowledge of such a fortune is lovely, in my view.

Now, I would like to refer you to a similar thread of Pedro's. He is a forumer just like you, loves the Armenian culture and is willing to learn the lingo, no matter how challenging it may get. He's actually got most of it down already, and that's quite surprising. Check it out for yourself...http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread.php?t=16482
    Hello dear! thanks a lot for such kindness. I really appreciated that! Ah, I hope I'll learn it somehow, it's nice to see all that alphabet on the screen but when i try to write it down... oooh, it would be much easier to copy Salvador Dali's works
    Thank you thank you thank you! Kisses from Athens!

Oh btw, if any of you guys are interested in Greek language or culture feel free to ask it so

Comment

Originally posted by despina View Post
      Hello dear! thanks a lot for such kindness. I really appreciated that! Ah, I hope I'll learn it somehow, it's nice to see all that alphabet on the screen but when i try to write it down... oooh, it would be much easier to copy Salvador Dali's works
      Thank you thank you thank you! Kisses from Athens!

Oh btw, if any of you guys are interested in Greek language or culture feel free to ask it so
      I'm going to learn Ancient Greek next year.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
        I'm going to learn Ancient Greek next year.
        Wow! This is great! You' are gonna love it, but it's difficult a bit for foreigners to learn. First you have to get used to the alphabet.

Comment

Might be a bit off topic but my Uncle's daughter (23) will be getting married with a really nice Greek guy this year ! Their marriage will take place in a month or two in Greece and there's a great chance me and my family will be there.
          THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
            You sound like a girl that just found out Santa Clause doesn't exist. Are you serious? How can you not know that these kinds of Armenians exist? If they didn't exist, we'd be more united and much stronger as a nation (if that wasn't already obvious). To help our people we have to know what the problem is and THIS is one of the biggest problems.

You can find tons of such Armenians in the US alone! I'm not even talking about Armenians in other countries yet. Does that answer your question or should I go deeper into the subject matter?
            Why do you always feel the need to jump in like a clown and spew your usual inanities? You do not have to respond to every thread or every topic. Stick to doing what you're good at...

When someone claims something like 'You'd be surprised how many Armenians couldn't care less about their own culture, nor the language...' to a non-Armenian, what could that mean? How is the person going to realize that you're probably talking about a segment of Armenians living outside of the country? For your information we have an independent country with people proud of their language and culture and a majority of Diasporan Armenians are in no place to represent properly our country. So stop making inane and senseless generalizations which may give the wrong impression to the unsuspecting reader.
            Last edited by Lucin; 05-26-2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
              Why do you always feel the need to jump in like a clown and spew your usual inanities… you do not have to respond to every thread or every topic... stick to doing what you're good at...

When someone claims something like 'You'd be surprised how many Armenians couldn't care less about their own culture, nor the language...' to a non-Armenian, what could that mean? How is the person going to realize that you're probably talking about a segment of Armenians living outside of the country? For your information we have an independent country with people proud of their language and culture and a majority of Diasporan Armenians are in no place to represent properly our country. So stop making inane and senseless generalizations which may give the wrong impression to the unsuspecting reader.
              The world is very small now with the internet, satellite, news, etc. Living out of the country is no longer an excuse for ignorance to our culture. There are more Armenians in the diaspora than in Armenia.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Why do you always feel the need to jump in like a clown and spew your usual inanities?
                Save your childish attitude for someone else, Lucin, because I have no desire or time for it.

You do not have to respond to every thread or every topic.
                I respond to any thread or topic I feel like responding to. If you didn't ask those pathetic questions, I wouldn't be here in the first place!

Stick to doing what you're good at...
                Honey, I'm good at lot's of things ... especially proving people like you wrong! Cool off. I don't think I said something wrong. If you weren't giving me your usual feminine attitude, you might actually understand what's going on. I wrote a short post and you couldn't even prove it wrong properly.

When someone claims something like 'You'd be surprised how many Armenians couldn't care less about their own culture, nor the language...' to a non-Armenian, what could that mean? How is the person going to realize that you're probably talking about a segment of Armenians living outside of the country?
                It's obvious that we're not talking about ALL Armenians or ALL the segments, Lucin. You've got to be stupid to think ALL Armenians or the majority is that way. Fe didn't say something extreme. She's right in so many ways. Thousands of Armenians in the Diaspora don't give a xxxx about their country ... and yes, believe it or not, even in Yerevan. I'd simply LOVE to see you prove me wrong in any way. All they care about is their fancy jeeps and hummers. Our nation is going through a critical identity crisis in so many ways. It's not the right time to stand up and say everything is fine and dandy. We have to face these issues. I'm saying this again, Fe didn't degrade our nation in ANY WAY when she said what she said.

For your information we have an independent country with people proud of their language and culture
                And for your info, I LIVE in that independent country.

and a majority of Diasporan Armenians are in no place to represent properly our country.
                BUT THEY DO AUTOMATICALLY ... that's what you don't understand. Stop blowing up like a kerala and look at what I'm saying. When a person meets an Armenian for the first time, it doesn't freakin matter if he/she is a lunatic or a patriot, THAT'S the Armenian that will leave a good or bad impression on that person. Is it really that hard to understand what I'm saying? We have an independent country but it's going through a very difficult phase. I know Armenians here that have lived next to a famous statue for 10 damn years but don't know what it's name is till now, lol. TEN YEARS! The new generation isn't as patriotic, informed, and bright as they might seem to you. You'd stab many of them to death when you heard how they talk about our nation and how they degrade it. Wake up and smell the coffee, sweetheart.

And regarding Diasporan Armenians not being in a position to represent our people properly ... what a selfish and immature thing to say. I'm simply appauled at your primitive and negative way of thinking. EVERY Armenian represents this nation because there are only a handful of Armenians out there and that's why they should be careful. Many people find out we EXIST via an Armenian living in the Diaspora and if that Armenian leaves a bad impression, those people won't appreciate our country. Many Armenians don't understand how important it is that they act right. Our country isn't on my shoulders or your shoulders. It is and always has been on ALL of our shoulders. There aren't 40-50 million Armenians around the world (in that case it would be Ok if a small majority didn't know about our nation). There are only probably 10 million, maybe a bit more ... and most of them live in the DIASPORA or don't you know that either? So when the majority lives OUTSIDE then it's their damn responsibility to represent their nation properly. If they don't do AT LEAST that then what the hell makes them Armenians?

So stop making inane and senseless generalizations which may give the wrong impression to the unsuspecting reader.
                Which sentence was senseless, Lucin? You think your offending me? Your posts were and are still more inane then all my posts put together and so is your mentality. It's because of that exact way of thinking that we're going through an identity crisis today. The reader, frankly speaking, understood more through my posts then yours. You make it seem like everything is OK ... that it's just a small majority of Armenians that don't care or don't know anything about Armenia. It's not as small as you think. And so far you haven't proven anything I said wrong. I'm still waiting for a reasonable post from you ... I haven't completely given up yet.

Comment

Might be a bit off topic but my Uncle's daughter (23) will be getting married with a really nice Greek guy this year ! Their marriage will take place in a month or two in Greece and there's a great chance me and my family will be there.
                  Haha.. how nice! Wow, you wonderful Armenians find nice greek guys to marry! Oh my, i can't even find one to date these days.

Comment

Haha.. how nice! Wow, you wonderful Armenians find nice greek guys to marry! Oh my, i can't even find one to date these days.
                    Would you date an Armenian by chance ?

Comment

Would you date an Armenian by chance ?
                      hmm.. a hard question. I'd love to but online you know..

Comment

Working...
                      X