Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

~Facing the Issues~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~Facing the Issues~

I wanted to start a thread where we could talk about all the problems here in Armenia and I don't think there is any reason to hide anything or be ashamed. Every nation has it's problems and only by facing them can we all move on. I'm sure we all have lot's to say, especially me as I live here, and this thread will help us let it all out.

To help our nation, we must first know what problems it faces and this thread is meant to keep us all informed because we can't afford to not know what's going on. By the way, let's post the problems/issues in numerical order if you don't mind.

I'll start with something small compared to the other problems we face.

1) Some might not know but there are no proper public restrooms in Yerevan! Many tourists visit and I'm sure they go through a lot of problems. Most Armenians know the routine. You enter a cafe or restaurant, pay 100 Drams (about 50 cents) and take care of your business. Tourists don't know about this game plan though, lol. What are they supposed to do? And even if they knew about it, it's downright embarrassing to have them enter a cafe or something just to go to the bathroom. This sounds funny but believe me, it's really sad. This is an issue I feel that needs to be dealt with immediately. Knosku gnuma mer azgi yev mer patvi masin, vochte menak touristneri!
    Last edited by Sako; 05-27-2009, 06:21 AM.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Re: ~Facing the Issues~

Originally posted by Saco View Post
    1. Some might not know but there are no proper public restrooms in Yerevan! Many tourists visit and I'm sure they go through a lot of problems. Most Armenians know the routine. You enter a cafe or restaurant, pay 100 Drams (about 50 cents) and take care of your business. Tourists don't know about this game plan though, lol.
    Now we know what to do you can give advices about that here, that would be a great thing to do i think.

Comment

2) Garbage is always around the garbage dump.

3) Tourists with their huge backpacks (it gets on my nerves after a while).

4) slow internet at internet cafes
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

3) Tourists with their huge backpacks (it gets on my nerves after a while).
        I think this is the most crucial problem

4) slow internet at internet cafes
        Times have changed my brother, times have changed !
        Last edited by Sako; 05-27-2009, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I wanted to start a thread where we could talk about all the problems here in Armenia and I don't think there is any reason to hide anything or be ashamed. Every nation has it's problems and only by facing them can we all move on. I'm sure we all have lot's to say, especially me as I live here, and this thread will help us let it all out.

To help our nation, we must first know what problems it faces and this thread is meant to keep us all informed because we can't afford to not know what's going on. By the way, let's post the problems/issues in numerical order if you don't mind.

I'll start with something small compared to the other problems we face.

1) Some might not know but there are no proper public restrooms in Yerevan! Many tourists visit and I'm sure they go through a lot of problems. Most Armenians know the routine. You enter a cafe or restaurant, pay 100 Drams (about 50 cents) and take care of your business. Tourists don't know about this game plan though, lol. What are they supposed to do? And even if they knew about it, it's downright embarrassing to have them enter a cafe or something just to go to the bathroom. This sounds funny but believe me, it's really sad. This is an issue I feel that needs to be dealt with immediately. Knosku gnuma mer azgi yev mer patvi masin, vochte menak touristneri!
          It depends. If you can keep public toilets clean its a miracle, private toilets are in most cases better. I try to avoid public toilets at all costs, and use the ones in malls,etc because you don't know what's happened to the public ones.

Comment

Times have changed my brother, times have changed !
            Hm, the ones on alaverdyan are slow, at least.

Continuation: (not really all bad things, some annoying)

5) Old grandfathers selling avels (duster in english?) early in the morning, saying in that tone certain tone: avel, avel

6) People at waterworld who are scared to go down the slide (especially orange one) and start questioning wheter they should go, and it delays everybody. Finally, the life guards says step aside koor jan and let other people go.

7) When Levon's people start doing things near Opera.

8) Shaulma on Tumanyan is too expensive

9) Schizophrenic dogs that attack you in baqum and you must kick them so they go away.

9)
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

It depends. If you can keep public toilets clean its a miracle, private toilets are in most cases better. I try to avoid public toilets at all costs, and use the ones in malls,etc because you don't know what's happened to the public ones.
              You misunderstood me, dude. There are no restrooms at ALL. I'd love it if there were AT LEAST dirty public ones. You don't find even those so forget about the private ones, lol. The city is talking about this seriously so I feel this will change soon (hopefully).

Comment

Hm, the ones on alaverdyan are slow, at least.
                The one near my house is also slow, lol. Overall though, internet wise, Yerevan is getting serious. Have you gone down to Fast Net near Yerirtasaradakan Metro? It's fast as hell there and there are many other places where you can get fast internet. You just have to get out more.

Continuation: (not really all bad things, some annoying)
                Maybe I should create a seperate thread for this

5) Old grandfathers selling avels (duster in english?) early in the morning, saying in that tone certain tone: avel, avel
                Aw, come on Mos, don't be so hard on them .

6) People at waterworld who are scared to go down the slide (especially orange one) and start questioning wheter they should go, and it delays everybody. Finally, the life guards says step aside koor jan and let other people go.
                I know what you mean!

7) When Levon's people start doing things near Opera.
                You can't see this every day.

8) Shaulma on Tumanyan is too expensive
                Really? How much?

9) Schizophrenic dogs that attack you in baqum and you must kick them so they go away.
                Now THIS is an issue. Many people are complaining about dogs.

Comment

You misunderstood me, dude. There are no restrooms at ALL. I'd love it if there were AT LEAST dirty public ones. You don't find even those so forget about the private ones, lol. The city is talking about this seriously so I feel this will change soon (hopefully).
                  Then it would be a good idea. But I what I mean is that dirty ones can be an eyesore.

Comment

I know what you mean, lol. Ten years in India gives you that experience

Comment

Working...
                    X