Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

east of byzatium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: east of byzatium

I have very strong feelings about this film (like, hatred) and I didn't want to say anything until I actually looked through the thread and realized Stark Evade already said something that was dead on.

The director of the film is a friend of a friend, who helped on the film. I heard a lot of bad things, such as legal troubles which are threatening distribution of the film. My opinion, based on what I have seen, sides with Stark.

Comment

What legal troubles?
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I'd rather not say because it's hearsay. I'm almost certain everything he told me was true, because it's business, and he was directly involved in the production of the film, but it's not my place to come in and say what I heard.

Comment

Rumors.......... Rumors from people that are not involved..... Stark you haven't seen anything yet because nothing it has been shown to people... we have only released tests.... are you going to judge a production that cares to show you a test... thanks man! we appreciate the support.

like this one which was last Tuesday..... 2 days ago.
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

For everyone that has fears and concerns.... I will debunk any of the silly rumors that are out there created by people that have nothing to do than to sabotage efforts.

1) Kupelian has been in the industry longer than most, check his IMDB... it's huge.
          He is an English major and his talent with story it is outstanding.

2) we have been developing the visuals with some of the top people in the industry so when people like stark ( sorry man) start saying things like it looks like crap... we can actually show that it doesn't.

3) Legal troubles? who is your friend of your friend of your friend of your cousin.... trust me its not true. Every movie goes through a negotiation process... all the time. Does it get heat it? you freaking bet. But eventually things calm down and we are able to move forward.

4) Vartan is Chinese..... uh?????????? are you guys retarded? How can we make the hero Vartan, our great ancestor look like Jason Scott Lee? really? do you really believe that?
          To go on the RECORD: Vartan is 100% Armenian!! 100 f*cking percent!
          All the major actors and producer that we had approached our Caucasians and can easily passed as Armenians... in fact we want to make you proud that this is your movie!
          We did follow the rumor of the story that a lineage of Armenians come from a tribe from China.... but not that they are Chinese!!! (Scythians to be accurate, hire by the Persians, becuase of their horse power to control Armenians during the times before Tiridates) but it has nothing to with the Mamigonians, NOTHING!!!

5)We love our audience, we care about it... our heritage... do you really think that we will be that reckless to humiliate our history??? we would never do that! we are not that kind of lazy people. why do you think we are putting sweat, blood and tears into this? because we don't care? why do think people like Serj Tankian sign to do the music? becuase he knows this is going to suck? no way Señores!

We care about our people and we want to make you proud 100% but please don't believe silly little rumors because they are not true.

You want info, go here:
          Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

6) the films will cost that much because we want to make them top notch! the best of the industry.

Now with that said... you can believe us or not... but know this
          with your support it will be a lot easier to move forward... with out it it will be difficult and painful like it has been.... I ask you, what kind of Armenian are you?
          the one that supports his brothers? or the one that sabotages them

My Best Regards to you

Martín Yernazian

Comment

Well, good luck with the film.

I really don't like what I see because it looks intensely computer generated... but, people will eat it up because they loved 300. This looks like it was shot in a closet, but that's my personal opinion.

Comment

again. this is a test... it is not the final... the majority of films development clips are very little produced... ours compared to them are over the top.... if this is a 5% of the 100% quality that real movie will be like....image what that could look like.

Also for the computer generated stuff... we shot it with the 300 technique because we could show a bigger the world... with big environments, like the big films ofr a 10% percent of their cost.
              I understand your concerns.... and trust me we are on top of it! The film will be shot on locations with real people like Braveheart, Gladiator, Lord of The Rings, etc. with the same quality and fx.

Thanks again for your support

Comment

I understand. I'm glad at your achievements. I understand what tests look like in comparison to final products. I work in film myself, so I can differentiate between a rough cut and a final cut, so don't worry. I wish you all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamgun View Post
                  We did follow the rumor of the story that a lineage of Armenians come from a tribe from China.... but not that they are Chinese!!! (Scythians to be accurate, hire by the Persians, becuase of their horse power to control Armenians during the times before Tiridates) but it has nothing to with the Mamigonians, NOTHING!!!
                  Wait, that rumor is talked about in the movie or you're saying it was apart of your research? Because if it's in the movie....I guarantee some people are going to take it and run with it.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
                    I understand. I'm glad at your achievements. I understand what tests look like in comparison to final products. I work in film myself, so I can differentiate between a rough cut and a final cut, so don't worry. I wish you all the best.
                    Awesome! thank god someone does.... so you get that is is not even a rough cut... this is a development clip to demonstrate "examples" of a desired look? if you do again thanks!
                    What movies do you work on? I'm always interested in knowing what my Armenian Film brothers are up to so I can support them.

Best

Comment

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
                      Wait, that rumor is talked about in the movie or you're saying it was apart of your research? Because if it's in the movie....I guarantee some people are going to take it and run with it.
                      no, not rumors. First is 2 movies not one.

2) Persians had an army and allies from all corners of Asia. I believe that there is other tribes in the first movie that are send by the Persian empire to gain control of the Armenians during the time before Tiridates came back from Rome.... that is not an interpretation that is a fact.
                      But Not Chinese, Scythian.

Comment

Working...
                      X