Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Need help for armenian movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for armenian movies

Hi guys!

I'm from Serbia and have recently stumbled on a documentary called Western Armenia - The lost Motherland but i cant find any subtitles.Can anyone help?

I'm interested in generally in Armenian cinematography so be free to suggest some movies.

Thanks !!

Re: Need help for armenian movies

Originally posted by Shufle View Post
    Hi guys!

I'm from Serbia and have recently stumbled on a documentary called Western Armenia - The lost Motherland but i cant find any subtitles.Can anyone help?

I'm interested in generally in Armenian cinematography so be free to suggest some movies.

Thanks !!
    Hey Shufle, kakosi?

Here is an Armenian cinematic classic.

If you are into really artistic films you will especially like this movie.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

More than 60 Armenian classic films here made by Armenfilm.

You can see the links on the right side column to dozens and dozens of film (not only the ones you see on this page). They are also in Polish transliteration with Polish descriptions.

One of my favorites is Men ("Tghamardik") (which is also available in Russian like some of the films there) - second from top. Bride from the North ("Harsnacu Hjusisic") is also a good one (top link on the opening page).

As Armanen recommended it - The Color of Pomegranates ("Nrran gujne") - a Parajanoff classic made in 1969 is also there.

Sixth from the top - http://armenia.republika.pl/video/fi...ml#nrran_gujne

Comment

Thanks guys

Actually my biggest problem is the language.I'm in a process of learning Russian but Armenian i really don't understand..Am also eager to watch Western Armenia the lost Motherland but i can't find any subtitles for it not even Russian

The movie has wonderful scenes from western Armenia but i unfortunately i don't understand them

Comment

Originally posted by Shufle View Post
          Thanks guys

Actually my biggest problem is the language.I'm in a process of learning Russian but Armenian i really don't understand..Am also eager to watch Western Armenia the lost Motherland but i can't find any subtitles for it not even Russian

The movie has wonderful scenes from western Armenia but i unfortunately i don't understand them
          I will try to find it (perhaps on rutube if it has been dubbed into Russian). Some of those Armenfilm movies are in fact in Russian. I will try to see which ones and maybe specify.

CCCC.

Comment

Arewik (Sunny - name of a girl) is in Russian.

http://armenia.republika.pl/video/fi...ml#nrran_gujne (scroll down to parts one and two).

Dzachord Panos (Clumsy Panos) also in Russian. (you can find it by scrolling down)

David Bek (good one) Armenian nobleman leading the national liberation against foreign domination in 1720s. Made in 1942-1943 to inspire the soldiers on the front (and the homefront) during the Great Patriotic War.

Moja bol'szaja armjanskaja swad'ba (My Big Armenian Wedding - I know not that creative since it is a copy from the more famous and good Greek movie. )

Namus (Honor) a silent Armenfilm from 1926.

http://armenia.republika.pl/video/fi...anskaja_swadba (embedded in the same page)

Ararat (in English by Atom Egoyan, 2002)

Gnezdo żaworonka - La Masseria Delle Allodole (2007) in Russian (have not seen this one before).

http://armenia.republika.pl/video/filmy5.html#majrik (embedded in the same page).

Aram (about Armenian avenger one of many who took up arms against deniers of the Armenian Genocide) in Russian.

http://armenia.republika.pl/video/filmy5.html#majrik (embedded in the same page).

Color of Pomegranates not a lot of dialogue here since it is in classic Parajanoff style of still frames, with each still being a story in and of itself (!) revolutionized the art of cinema.

The Star of Hope (alt. The Northern Star, 1978). About Armenian national liberation movement by Davit Bek in 1720s and Mkhitar Sparapet (his right hand man who continued the struggle after Davit Bek). Peter the Great supported the Armenian liberation drive and sent a whole division. The Russian version is also available (I use to have it). It is also somewhere on the internet. This is the Armenian version. Basically a remake of the 1943 classic with more contemporary flavor by the renowned film director Edmond Kyosayan (he made many good Russian classic films and is still revered as a great cinematographer) with some of the most outstanding Armenian actors (like Armen Jigarxanyan and many others).

I will look for others also in Russian including the Western Armenia one that you mentioned if it is dubbed into Russian or English.
            Last edited by Catharsis; 11-14-2009, 02:24 AM.

Comment

you can purchase the film here http://www.hayshop.net/western-armen...d-p-18462.html

mayrig is one of my favorites

thanks for the movie links
              Last edited by Ari; 11-15-2009, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                you can purchase the film here http://www.hayshop.net/western-armen...d-p-18462.html

mayrig is one of my favorites

thanks for the movie links
                No problem Ari. Mayrig is a great film which is available there. I have the DVD and recommend it to everyone since it is better to watch it in higher resolution and well worth it.

Comment

''you can purchase the film here http://www.hayshop.net/western-armen...d-p-18462.html''

Man,i wish i have 30$ or a PayPal card

Nevertheless, thanks guys

I don't know if you know the story but I'll will tell it anyway .In 14-th century epic battle occurred.A battle between the Turks and Serbians.Interesting thing is that in a Turkish army were some Armenian soldiers who,when they saw that they are fighting against their Christian brothers, immediately took our side and started to fight with the Turks .The battle was lost unfortunately and Armenians settled in Serbia.They made a small church that still stands in Serbia and it's called Јерменчица (literally translated - small Armenian church)

Comment

Originally posted by Catharsis View Post

Aram (about Armenian avenger one of many who took up arms against deniers of the Armenian Genocide) in Russian.
                    Does anyone know of a website where I can download or watch Aram in its original French language? Meaning no Russian or English dubs/subtitles. I've tried to find it for so long and have failed.
                    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Working...
                    X