Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

America and being White and Armenian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: America and being White and Armenian

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    So i guess we can ignore 100s of years of slavery, lynchings, segregation, discrimination....because they are animals and cant build anything. This mentality of yours is, to put it politely BS! My neighbor is black, he got himself a education, then became a financial analist for GM, he has the most upkept-updated house on our block and his yard is always clean, as a matter of fact he enjoys his riding mower so much he cuts part of his neighbors grass for free just to be neighborly. Blacks are just as capable of building homes, businesses, families as anyone else is. Because of slavery the black race in the USA lost its family unit since slaves were sold on a individual bases regardless of families. So imagine being kidnaped from your homeland, being separated from your family and everything you know, being thrown onto a slave ship where a large number of fellow slaves died, then if you survived the journey they sold you to someone who made you work like dog, beat you up, kept you half starved and this went on for generations. Even in modern times blacks were subjected to segregation, discrimination, the government has many times conspired against them by introducing highly addictive drugs into their neighborhoods among other things. It really is a shame seeing racism in a Armenian forum because we have been the victims of it ourselves. This is like what the isrealis are doing today to the palastinians and what they have been doing to us in politics. You shouldnt run around screaming injustice and racism if your going to do the same thing yourself.
    No one is denying the slavery and its consequences, but, do you mean before the slavery came to Africa they were civilized and doing well then the slavery came and brought them 300 years backward?
    Long before the slavery there were very advanced civilizations on this planet.
    In your logic the Genocide should’ve brought us maybe 1000 years back.
    And don’t start calling names just because you cannot argue what is the truth.

Comment

The truth is always what i aim for and if you made any sence i would say that makes sence but if your gona spew racism then i shall call it what it is. Arfican people do have a history, they do have a culture, they do have a languadge. The american indians were less advanced then the Africans and they are of Asian decent yet i dont see you calling asians stupid, lazy and ignorent but blacks well i guess its ok to put them down. The genocide that befell our people set us back more then a 1000 years, our population would have been three to four times bigger and our lands about the same. Imagine what we could have achieved if it was not for the genocide. Yes it did set us back and your living proof of it.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
        That is not true, because long before colonization was around some of us (human) came together and started building and inventing things, they started looking to the sky and wondering what’s there, they started counting the stars and naming them, then they studied their cycles, they’ve made schools and thought their children what they learned. And some of us stayed in caves and just have sex, kill rape and rob whoever they’ve met. Till this day you still have people that don’t want to put one rock on to the other to build a safer shelter to their children.

In America (north America and the west) the media will put you down if you’re; white, Christian and male, there’s a constant brain washing propaganda against these three.
        Where do I say Africans or Blacks in this post, please put on your glasses and read well!

The truth is always what i aim for and if you made any sence i would say that makes sence but if your gona spew racism then i shall call it what it is. Arfican people do have a history, they do have a culture, they do have a languadge. The american indians were less advanced then the Africans and they are of Asian decent yet i dont see you calling asians stupid, lazy and ignorent but blacks well i guess its ok to put them down. The genocide that befell our people set us back more then a 1000 years, our population would have been three to four times bigger and our lands about the same. Imagine what we could have achieved if it was not for the genocide. Yes it did set us back and your living proof of it.
        It is you who twist words and call people names to make an argument that fits your agenda.

Comment

That is funny, like what agenda is it exactly that i have? And it was you who was saying "And some of us stayed in caves and just have sex, kill rape and rob whoever they’ve met. Till this day you still have people that don’t want to put one rock on to the other to build a safer shelter to their children."
          "do you mean before the slavery came to Africa they were civilized and doing well then the slavery came and brought them 300 years backward"
          I dont need to twist your words.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

That is funny, like what agenda is it exactly that i have?
            By agenda I meant your point of view.

And it was you who was saying "And some of us stayed in caves and just have sex, kill rape and rob whoever they’ve met. Till this day you still have people that don’t want to put one rock on to the other to build a safer shelter to their children."
            By this you understood I was talking about blacks or Africans? if so, it’s you who are the racist.

"do you mean before the slavery came to Africa they were civilized and doing well then the slavery came and brought them 300 years backward"
            I dont need to twist your words.
            There I was just commenting to what you were accusing me of, but don't say that I brought "Blacks or Africans" to this subject.
            And I stand behind every single word I’ve wrote, because it’s the simple truth

Comment

I have a question for you yedtarts, what "advanced", "civilized" (by your standards) culture is out there that has not experienced a centralized government for several generations, affecting all aspects of their social life?

Clearly, in my opinion, when a people are de-centralized, they appear more "nomadic, savage, backward, etc..." because there has been no large scale norming of their social conventions, architectural planning, education, economics, etc... People revert back to clannishness at best, because the largest social unit they follow is the family, not the nation. And so, outwardly, they look less sophisticated to us, and because their allegiance is not towards our social norms under a nation, they appear to us as savages or backward people. This judgement is no longer convincing to me. I just see human behavior and organization for what it is, in all its different levels. If you identify a particular ethnic group with a more "backward" social organization, you are just being defensive towards the one you pay allegiance to.

But I'm not saying we should all live under one reletavist banner and seek world peace. Just as there are different levels of social organization, different allegiances, etc... so too is there war between them, and so it is a game. If you feel that as an Armenian, you can help your group advance vis-a-vis another, and to do so, you must keep to your own kind and advance your own group's interests, then do it.

Comment

Originally posted by o0tinerz0o View Post
                Look at Japan in 1945 they had 2 nuclear bombs dropped on them and their country ruined during the war not to mention an entire generation of their people lost. They managed to not only rebuild their economy but within 60 years become the 2nd richest country in the world (GDP).

This similar feat has been reproduced by the Italians, Germans, French

Comment

Thanks Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                    I have a question for you yedtarts, what "advanced", "civilized" (by your standards) culture is out there that has not experienced a centralized government for several generations, affecting all aspects of their social life?

Clearly, in my opinion, when a people are de-centralized, they appear more "nomadic, savage, backward, etc..." because there has been no large scale norming of their social conventions, architectural planning, education, economics, etc... People revert back to clannishness at best, because the largest social unit they follow is the family, not the nation. And so, outwardly, they look less sophisticated to us, and because their allegiance is not towards our social norms under a nation, they appear to us as savages or backward people. This judgement is no longer convincing to me. I just see human behavior and organization for what it is, in all its different levels. If you identify a particular ethnic group with a more "backward" social organization, you are just being defensive towards the one you pay allegiance to.

But I'm not saying we should all live under one reletavist banner and seek world peace. Just as there are different levels of social organization, different allegiances, etc... so too is there war between them, and so it is a game. If you feel that as an Armenian, you can help your group advance vis-a-vis another, and to do so, you must keep to your own kind and advance your own group's interests, then do it.
                    If what you say is true, let’s see world’s migration* patterns, how come most of the migrations* are happening from these “appearing to me” more "nomadic, savage, and backward, etc... Or less sophisticated" communities or countries towards countries that “appears to me” more advanced or civilized and the opposite is not true? How come no one from the western countries wants to migrate to “appearing to me” more "nomadic, savage, and backward, etc...? Or less sophisticated" countries, where stoning women to death in public is legal, or forcing a 12 year old girl to marry a 40 year old man just because he can afford to pay her parents the price, and all this is done legally? Or even yet, circumcising young girls against their wills is legal. Maybe it’s just me who see these things backwards thinking and uncivilized or maybe it’s the media or the university brainwashing crap that teaches lemmings to repeat what was told to them.

*I'm not talking about the war migrations; I'm talking about the ones that are done on their free wills (to better their lives)

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
                      If what you say is true, let’s see world’s migration* patterns, how come most of the migrations* are happening from these “appearing to me” more "nomadic, savage, and backward, etc... Or less sophisticated" communities or countries towards countries that “appears to me” more advanced or civilized and the opposite is not true? How come no one from the western countries wants to migrate to “appearing to me” more "nomadic, savage, and backward, etc...? Or less sophisticated" countries, where stoning women to death in public is legal, or forcing a 12 year old girl to marry a 40 year old man just because he can afford to pay her parents the price, and all this is done legally? Or even yet, circumcising young girls against their wills is legal. Maybe it’s just me who see these things backwards thinking and uncivilized or maybe it’s the media or the university brainwashing crap that teaches lemmings to repeat what was told to them.

*I'm not talking about the war migrations; I'm talking about the ones that are done on their free wills (to better their lives)
                      Probably because people in the west couldn't survive the culture and learn the language of those less sophisticated countries. And those "less sophisticated" countries don't have a need for slave citizens and they only migrate people for work and don't need to give people citizenship.
                      I will prevail. I will seek justice. I will leave a footprint in this God forsaken world. I am Armenian.

Comment

Working...
                      X