Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Concerns about Armenian Diaspora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns about Armenian Diaspora

I have had serious concerns on the Armenians living in the Diaspora.

-Armenian women are very eager to marry and sleep with otar people especially blacks and muslims, this eagerness is even present in 1st generation Armenians. This has led to Armenian reputation being poisoned very badly throughout the world.
    -Violation of basic morals by having sex before marriage, and they do that many, many times. In Armenia, such behavior would make them labeled as equivalent to prostitute
    -Ignorance of the Armenian Christian faith. Never attend church, very cynical about it all, easily convert to other religion.
    -Cutting of all connection with Armenia, adopt the country of residence as their first country. Later, forget about Armenian identity and if ever asked about Armenia they just reply "oh, it's just this small nation in the deserts of middle east and people are pretty much muslim"

These are just a several of the concerns. But I also want to say, that not every Armenian does this, but slowly a majority of Armenians in the diaspora are doing things like these.

What this leads to is rapid assimilation which Westerns love and the assimilated Armenians heavily support. So Armenian diaspora is like a black hole since Armenians go from Armenia abroad then they fall into the black hole and maybe that Armenian retains Armenian identity but his children most likely don't and then the Armenian identity right there is destroyed.

Severe measures must be taken to cut such disgraceful assimilation in order to save the Armenian race. And the government must take this warnings into full account.
    -much stronger program in order to bring Armenians to live in the Republic
    -government programs in diaspora to curb assimilation
    these are just few suggestions..
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Re: Concerns about Armenian Diaspora

Violation of basic morals by having sex before marriage, and they do that many, many times. In Armenia, such behavior would make them labeled as equivalent to prostitute
    sadly thats happening everywhere.you know it have high penalties in iran.so iranians go to azerbaijan/turkey/armenia to do that.its not about armenia its about that religious beliefs are fading at the moment.so 1/3 of the world is christian but where are them?sorry im gonna mention this:the best prostitute are in italy the birthplace of christianity especially in rome.
    these corruptions mostly happen in places that armenians cant hold their identity.armenians in france and iran and united states can be armenian due to their citizenship rights.they have every right that a french/iranian/american citizen have.but in germany you have to be german to do many things or in lebanon you must be muslim to marry a muslim and etc.these rules make them forget they are armenian...
    if you ask me the best armenian diaspora was in iran before the islamic republic happened.there was like 900.000 armenians in iran but today we have like 350.000.all these churches in iran are built on that time.for prove this matter iran have more armenian churches and Quarters than any other countrys which have armenian diaspora.
    once again you can see that our government sucks

Comment

Being Armenian in the diaspora is a sad joke. You can't speak Armenian to people who are 35 and younger not because they don't understand, but because they're embarassed and self-conscious of being thought of as "old fashioned". There is no emphasis on the language whatsoever, even many parents couldn't care less. You might not see this as much with people who are born in Armenia or Lebanon, but if they're raised anywhere else then its a lost cause. Even with good Armenians in the diaspora (who are rare), we have the problem you mentioned of their offspring considering themselves "American" and/or living a 100% American lifestyle, which basically means that the few good Armenians in the diaspora get wasted through attrition.

Originally posted by Mos
      Cutting of all connection with Armenia, adopt the country of residence as their first country. Later, forget about Armenian identity
      This is the biggest problem after the language issue. Even most "proud" Armenians in the diaspora have no real connection to the republic (no, camping in the forests of Lori or going to "strip tease" in Yerevan doesn't give you a connection to the republic). What makes it even more ironic is that many of these "proud" Armenians are the ones who want to guide Armenia's foreign policy, yet if you ask them personally, they would never consider moving to Armenia even under favorable circumstances. And these are the "better" Armenians in the diaspora, lets not even get started on the scumbags.

Originally posted by Mos
      Definitely. The few Armenians who are even entertaining these thoughts should have a minnimum amount of obstacles in their way.

Originally posted by Mos
      I'm not even sure how that would work. Do you mean the Armenian government should send representatives to help diasporan communities cope better with the assimilation problem?

Originally posted by parskahay
      in lebanon you must be muslim to marry a muslim and etc.these rules make them forget they are armenian...
      I don't know where you heard that, you can marry anyone in Lebanon. The only factor that religion plays in Lebanon is getting elected to office, thats about it.

Plus even if what you're saying is true, how would that "make them forget they are Armenian"? If anything it would make them feel more Armenian by segregating them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
        Armenian women are very eager to marry and sleep with otar people especially blacks and muslims, this eagerness is even present in 1st generation Armenians. This has led to Armenian reputation being poisoned very badly throughout the world.
        I love how it's always a problem when Armenian women marry odars, but no one ever mentions how many Armenian men mary odar women.

Violation of basic morals by having sex before marriage, and they do that many, many times. In Armenia, such behavior would make them labeled as equivalent to prostitute
        I'm pretty sure a large amount of Armenians in Armenia have sex before marriage, which there's nothing wrong with as long as you're careful not to get pregnant or spread STD's.

I also love again, how when women sleep around they're prostitutes, but when men do, it's ok, even great for their reputation.

And just because Kim Kardashian might be what you call a whorre, doesn't mean every diasporan girl who has premarital sex is. (Also I'd like to point out that if all the guys Kim K's dated/slept with (even the sex tape guy)were either Armenian or white half the problems most Armos have with her wouldn't even exist.

-Ignorance of the Armenian Christian faith. Never attend church, very cynical about it all, easily convert to other religion.
        Most people who are smart enough to ignore one religion, generally aren't dumb enough to start practicing another one.

Cutting of all connection with Armenia, adopt the country of residence as their first country. Later, forget about Armenian identity and if ever asked about Armenia they just reply "oh, it's just this small nation in the deserts of middle east and people are pretty much muslims
        I've never met any diaspora Armenian, even the ones who can't speak Armenian, or know anything about our history say that Armenia is a desert country full of muslims.

What this leads to is rapid assimilation which Westerns love and the assimilated Armenians heavily support. So Armenian diaspora is like a black hole since Armenians go from Armenia abroad then they fall into the black hole and maybe that Armenian retains Armenian identity but his children most likely don't and then the Armenian identity right there is destroyed.

Severe measures must be taken to cut such disgraceful assimilation in order to save the Armenian race. And the government must take this warnings into full account.

I agree that it is very easy for diaspora (of any nation) to assimilate quickly into their resident country's culture. But assimilation happens, whether rapidly or over the course of centuries. Of the 3 million Turks in Germany for instance, how many of them still speak Turkish? How many of them will speak it in 50 years? How soon until the Germanize their last names like many other minorities in Germany's history have done?

But it doesn't matter to Turkey, because even if tomorrow, if all those German Turks forgot Turkish, became Christians, and changed their names to german one, there is still a strong base of Turks in Turkey.

It's Armenia's job to be that base, that's the only thing Armenia can do to make sure the Armenian culture survives.

The government needs to make Armenia a place stable enough so that the people who live there don't need to leave to find a better life and good enough that diasporans would want to move there. Why would any diasporan want to move to a country with a poor economy/lower standard of living, and 2 enemies on it's borders, one which we could possibly start another war with us in the near future?

Also moving all the diaspora to Armenia would completely change the entire culture, because they'd bring in all the cultures of their "odar" nations. Even the language would change, forget the different kinds of Armenian (east/west/etc) what about all the slang and loan words that would be brought in? Yes most Armenian Diasporans speak English or Russian, but a large amount speak Turkish, Arabic, Farsi, even Spanish and French, and they're not going to stop using the word they're accustomed to just b/c they moved to Armenia. Also lots of those Armenians could be Catholics, Evangelicals, even Athiests!!! :O

so in a sense, Armenian would just become a new sort of melting pot of cultures, like the USA
        Last edited by ara87; 03-02-2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

^^
          i mean the families in lebanon dont allow marriages between christians and muslim not the government.

so lets talk about me.i born in iran and in a Armenian Quarter in Tehran.most of the time armenians only marry armenians there but even when armenians marry a iranian they never forget who they are.one of the reasons i like iran is those Quarters.in those Quarter nothing is iranian.we have armenian restaurants and churches and etc... if there was more places like this in other countries it would be better...

now that im in armenia it just feels that that Quarter get bigger and people removed their scarf.cause the life there was similar to here.and about the scarf thats the one and only problem for armenians in iran.but you dont have to wear 100% muslim like arab countries.just a scarf and a upper cloth long enough to cover your legs as well.like this:

its sucks but at least women dont have to be like arabs
          Last edited by Parskahay; 03-02-2010, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
            I'm pretty sure a large amount of Armenians in Armenia have sex before marriage, which there's nothing wrong with as long as you're careful not to get pregnant or spread STD's.
            Actually no, there's a small minority of women who may sleep with out marriage but they don't tend to have families in the future. When a man marries a woman in Armenia it's pretty much assumed that the women has not slept with anyone before unless it is known that she was previously married. Otherwise when married it is very easy to tell if the woman slept with someone or not before.

I also love again, how when women sleep around they're prostitutes, but when men do, it's ok, even great for their reputation.
            The women carries the child.

And just because Kim Kardashian might be what you call a whorre, doesn't mean every diasporan girl who has premarital sex is. (Also I'd like to point out that if all the guys Kim K's dated/slept with (even the sex tape guy)were either Armenian or white half the problems most Armos have with her wouldn't even exist.
            Isn't she a professional prostitute? I don't know what is to argue prostitutes are prostitutes. She's also not Armenian, but pure American.
            Most people who are smart enough to ignore one religion, generally aren't dumb enough to start practicing another one.
            Why would it be smart to ignore Christianity I ask you?

I agree that it is very easy for diaspora (of any nation) to assimilate quickly into their resident country's culture. But assimilation happens, whether rapidly or over the course of centuries. Of the 3 million Turks in Germany for instance, how many of them still speak Turkish? How many of them will speak it in 50 years? How soon until the Germanize their last names like many other minorities in Germany's history have done?
            Turks will assimilate into German society much slowly. Turks often live in Turkish communities, marry other Turks, and Turks don't get high jobs in Germany, usually the toilet cleaners are Turkish.

It's Armenia's job to be that base, that's the only thing Armenia can do to make sure the Armenian culture survives.
            I don't think diaspora will be able to do such a thing without putting in so much West culture.
            The government needs to make Armenia a place stable enough so that the people who live there don't need to leave to find a better life and good enough that diasporans would want to move there. Why would any diasporan want to move to a country with a poor economy/lower standard of living, and 2 enemies on it's borders, one which we could possibly start another war with us in the near future?
            Armenia is improving rapidly and becoming more better place to live. The key thing is jobs. If you have a stable and decent paid job, then your life in Armenia won't be that bad.

so in a sense, Armenian would just become a new sort of melting pot of cultures, like the USA
            No, not a melting pot. Melting pot is not culture and Armenian should never be melting pot. Why would one want the dirty American culture touching any of the ancient Armenian customs/culture. I'm proud of my culture, my church, my people and don't want some modern corrupt culture changing that.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
              ^^

now that im in armenia it just feels that that Quarter get bigger and people removed their scarf.cause the life there was similar to here.and about the scarf thats the one and only problem for armenians in iran.but you dont have to wear 100% muslim like arab countries.just a scarf and a upper cloth long enough to cover your legs as well.like this:

its sucks but at least women dont have to be like arabs
              Forcing Armenian women to wear the scarves is a disgrace. Many Armenian women killed themselves during genocide rather than convert. Those scarves show symbolically such a conversion.

Though the scarves don't look that bad in general....
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---

Comment

all women in iran have to wear scarf.if they gave freedom to armenian women only then im sure they will get raped in streets.according to my dad also 1920-1979 was "Golden Age" for armenians in iran

Comment

Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
                  all women in iran have to wear scarf.if they gave freedom to armenian women only then im sure they will get raped in streets.according to my dad also 1920-1979 was "Golden Age" for armenians in iran
                  I read that Iranian women can wear the scarfs at different levels on their heads, according to where they go or what they do or if they situation allows it, that women consider the scarf as part of their "accessories" and they match it with what they're wearing in order to make it look "fashionable". Also, women don't wear the scarf next to men, if they are only around with women they don't use it.

Is it true?
                  Last edited by ashot24; 03-02-2010, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Actually no, there's a small minority of women who may sleep with out marriage but they don't tend to have families in the future. When a man marries a woman in Armenia it's pretty much assumed that the women has not slept with anyone before unless it is known that she was previously married. Otherwise when married it is very easy to tell if the woman slept with someone or not before.
                    Most men and women everywhere in the world marry with already high experience on sex, that's a fact...when young couples get married, it's 90% sure than either of them (probably both) has already had sex. Such thing as "there's a small minority of women (and MEN!) who may sleep with out marriage" is as true as bigfoot, at least in nowadays. Society is corrupted, and it's everywhere...

I don't know why you most speak about women doing this and that and being wrong, when men do all the things you say as well, at the same level, with the same consequences. Men and women are equally morally corrupted, and historically the men have been morally corrupted long before the women began to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X