Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Current Condition of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

@Moderators of this forum kindly stop this political discussion...I believe this is a military thread

@Those who think Armenia will die away...I suggest you do some historic review and see what the situation of Armenia was in 1918...how is was in the 1940s...how it was in the 1990s and how it has been for the past 1000 years and how we have always survived.

Other than that I suggest you get your facts right about the situation in post communist countries, specially the economic, political and migration rates in Azerbaijan, Georgia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Belarus to comprehend that Armenia is just another post-soviet country with traditional problems.

Armenians have a disease of dramatizing everything. Please name a single country that ended up being emptied of its people and they closed it down...this is a myth that coincidentially only 2 powers use against Armenia...the turks and the armenian opposition. I am not saying that the Armenian authorities are the best option we have...the time will come these people will rot in prison and more capable people will take the helms of the country...but the nation is greater than authorities and will eventually survive...

Cheers! Going to Armenia in 8 days...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
      @Moderators of this forum kindly stop this political discussion...I believe this is a military thread

@Those who think Armenia will die away...I suggest you do some historic review and see what the situation of Armenia was in 1918...how is was in the 1940s...how it was in the 1990s and how it has been for the past 1000 years and how we have always survived.

Other than that I suggest you get your facts right about the situation in post communist countries, specially the economic, political and migration rates in Azerbaijan, Georgia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Belarus to comprehend that Armenia is just another post-soviet country with traditional problems.

Armenians have a disease of dramatizing everything. Please name a single country that ended up being emptied of its people and they closed it down...this is a myth that coincidentially only 2 powers use against Armenia...the turks and the armenian opposition. I am not saying that the Armenian authorities are the best option we have...the time will come these people will rot in prison and more capable people will take the helms of the country...but the nation is greater than authorities and will eventually survive...

Cheers! Going to Armenia in 8 days...
      When you do Sacra, give us an update on the general mood of the country. It would be helpful...

Imagine if the genocide never happened, what i would give to go back in time and stop this atrocity. The Armenian nation and people would still be living in their territorial epicenter, with a thriving people and population, and possibly even a developed economy. The bastard Turks did this to us, they took away our chance of becoming a state, and exterminated us. No forgiveness, I dont care if Turkey gives us all of Western Armenia and Istanbul. Nothing will be forgiven, nothing will be forgotten. The genocide itself was a big blow, but denial of their crimes is just rubbing salt on our wounds.

The Azer-fu***-donkeys are a different story all together, they participated in the genocide and they know it. Many officials from the DRAZ helped with this crimes, orchestrated the mass killings in Shushi and Baku. Azerbaijan's time will come, they are no different than an accomplice ready to sell their criminal brother out so they wont have to pay for reparations.

Turks are not our mortal enemy, Turks are just pathetic and sad. The Germans admitted their crimes, donated financial reparations to Israel which is largely responsible for their economy while Turks are too nationalistic and idiotic to admit what they have done wrong. They have been brainwashed, large scale. The only turks that are not this way are Diasporan turks.. I won't ever forget this attitude turks have had towards us, and their crimes.
      Last edited by Chubs; 04-12-2015, 09:25 AM.
      Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

I feel like all of our cities are going to be abandoned like Chernobyl in a few decades. Makes me depressed all the time....

Comment

Originally posted by Ak105 View Post
          I feel like all of our cities are going to be abandoned like Chernobyl in a few decades. Makes me depressed all the time....
          They won't be but Armenia will dip into a situation very worse than Belarus, if something doesnt insure its survival as a self-reliant and sovereign nation. The Russians raping the country right now are one of the many issues, territorial situation is probably the issue of most concern..At least I believe. The demographic problems are the most threatening 2nd to that, but is tied in with the economy and situation with territorial disputes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
            They won't be but Armenia will dip into a situation very worse than Belarus, if something doesnt insure its survival as a self-reliant and sovereign nation. The Russians raping the country right now are one of the many issues, territorial situation is probably the issue of most concern..At least I believe. The demographic problems are the most threatening 2nd to that, but is tied in with the economy and situation with territorial disputes.
            What do you mean worse than Belarus?

Comment

Originally posted by Ak105 View Post
              I don't know how old any of you three guys were in the 90's but I assure you Armenia has survived worse. In the 90's the country the people were practically giving away their houses just to get out. The standards of life were not significantly better than sub Saharan Africa. There was electricity and running water only a few hours a day. There were no jobs whatsoever. Karabakh was about to be given away, and it looked like Armenia was surrounded on all sides. There was not even a paved road to Iran.

And I don't know how old you guys were in 2009, but i assure you it was a lot worse. The economy was collapsing into pieces. There was essentially marshall law in place, and Armenia wasn't much ahead of Azerbaijan in civil liberties. Azerbaijans oil, economy, and military seemed like they were on an exponential growth path and none of us knew if there was a peak coming, and it seemed like Armenia wasn't far from being wiped off the map.

If Armenia survived that, we will survive this I assure you

In the last few years Armenia has made plenty of improvements. Our infrastructure has improved dramatically and Armenia has started on massive infrastructure projects that will transform the country and its economy. Civil Liberties and political rights are much improved, and the only thing we are lacking is a competent opposition party that the people having been waiting for. Even without that, almost half of our Parliment is opposition parties, and there's not a whole lot the ruling party can do unilaterally. Azerbaijan's economy has slowed to a halt, and its doom is almost inevitable. Our previously useless Diaspora has actually transformed its demeaning, pessimistic, and delusional view of Armenia into an active and positive view that is increasing engagement and investments. Last few years Armenia has recorded very nice economic marks, and the only reason that might change this year is because of factors outside of our control. The IT sector of Armenia will be our ultimate savior.

Let's stop being dramatic and be more realistic. I don't know how long you guys have been active with Armenian issues, but I'm sorry if it seems Armenia is not transforming in Sweden overnight. The process of nation building takes decades, lifetimes even. You need a more patient approach to not set yourself up for disappointment.
              Last edited by Mher; 04-12-2015, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Re: Current Condition of Armenia

if Armenia transformed into Sweden I would officially abandon the country, that place is a cultural nightmare.

You are right, we are being dramatic. But what future does Armenia have without access to the black sea, rule of law, etc? Ya know, Russian blocs arent exactly famous for establishing rule of law, democracy, etc in their member states? I dont want Armenia to stay in this situation forever, but it really does look like it will. The EEU hardly looks beneficial, I dont see how Armenia can develop while not being at least partially self-reliant or having at least one aspect of their nation that provides the tools for building a self-reliant nation.

The the Young Turks really did get what they want, they wiped half of us out and left the rest to starve and die out over time. Yes, Armenia barely survived the 90s...so did all the post-soviet republics...

Yes, Armenia survived the financial crisis, but one day there will be something that will deal a fatal blow to the country, unless it can find the basic building blocks it needs to create a self-sustaining country. Im tired of seeing Armenia as a Russian puppet state completely reliant on Russian oligarchs and jets.

What do you mean worse than Belarus?
                Belarus is an isolated plot of farm land and swamps that is almost entirely reliant on Russia, and was forced into a political union with Russia for the sake of geopolitical games. Officials in Belarus actually asked Russia to pay for its f**** military
                Last edited by Chubs; 04-12-2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
                  if Armenia transformed into Sweden I would officially abandon the country, that place is a cultural nightmare.

You are right, we are being dramatic. But what future does Armenia have without access to the black sea, rule of law, etc? Ya know, Russian blocs arent exactly famous for establishing rule of law, democracy, etc in their member states? I dont want Armenia to stay in this situation forever, but it really does look like it will. The EEU hardly looks beneficial, I dont see how Armenia can develop while not being at least partially self-reliant or having at least one aspect of their nation that provides the tools for building a self-reliant nation.

The the Young Turks really did get what they want, they wiped half of us out and left the rest to starve and die out over time. Yes, Armenia barely survived the 90s...so did all the post-soviet republics...

Yes, Armenia survived the financial crisis, but one day there will be something that will deal a fatal blow to the country, unless it can find the basic building blocks it needs to create a self-sustaining country. Im tired of seeing Armenia as a Russian puppet state completely reliant on Russian oligarchs and jets.
                  The Eurasian Union is not something that will necessarily become a permanent entity. It's not the EU, and likely never will be. Russia has started
                  similar organizations before and now they exist only name. I believe chances are the EEU will go the same way. Russia might not drive Armenia to become a more democratic country, but it will not stop Armenia from striving to be one. Moreover, the EEU provides its own positives such as the possibility of more trade with Iran. Also Russia dominance over Armenia is bound to decrease as Azerbaijan's military dominance declines in the coming years.

Remember that in 1942 for a whole year Switzerland was fully surrounded by Nazi Germany and it maintained its independence, and is now one of the most attractive countries. Countries rise and fall.

And Sweden might be uninspiring in its culture or lack of national pride, but as far is economic policies and ensuring the basic rights of all its citizens, as well responsible foreign policy, it is pretty close to perfection.
                  Last edited by Mher; 04-12-2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Armenia will survive, now quit being negative nancys and post more pics of our tanks!

Comment

American benefactor: Time to create jobs in Armenia

Both in Armenia and Karabakh the biggest problem remains the insufficiency of jobs, American benefactor Antranig Baghdassarian, who transferred $900 thousand to Armenia Fund on Wednesday, told Armenian News – NEWS.am.

“I’m 70, my elder son is 42. It’s time for 40-year-olds to return to Armenia from different corners of the world and create jobs. We have constructed schools, roads and churches, but it’s time to create jobs to apply foreign technologies,” he said.

According to Baghdassarian, he provided $900 thousand without any specific purpose.

The benefactor is engaged in dairy product manufacturing.

It’s time for 40-year-olds to return to Armenia from different corners of the world and create jobs...

Comment

Working...
                      X