Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Current Condition of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Current Condition of Armenia

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    What do you mean "how I presented it"? Tell me, what is right way to present problems of a country?

Strategic relations refers mainly to military ties and military cooperation. Our membership in CSTO (as opposed to NATO) and Russia military base in Armenia is evident of our strong strategic ties with Russia. Political relations refers more to governmental ties in the sphere of civil laws, education, and other national issues. In this respect, Armenian government has progressed more with EU with its membership in Council of Europe and active participation in EU's Eastern Partnership, and also pursuit in EU Associative Membership. And the aim to reform laws and government structures to EU standards. EU is not a military organisation, but a political one so we do not risk ruining our relations with Russia in pursuing ties with EU, and Russia has long since recognised this as it itself as also began to edge closer to European political structures. Belarus is an example of a country with strategic and political ties heavily integrated with Russia. And Georgia the reverse.

You were whining in your opening post, and presented the everything as if the sky is going to fall down and Armenia is going to disappear from the world. Next time I hope you present a more mature, measured, and accurate account of problems in Armenia.

Strategic includes military, economic, and political. So that is why I asked, you used it in a different context than it usully is seen. I agree for the most part. Rule of law, and fair economic playing field are benefits that Armenia can get from closer ties to the EU. The multiculturalism, and other super liberal nonesense, the euroxxxs can keep to themselves.
    Last edited by Armanen; 02-12-2011, 07:00 PM.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      You were whining in your opening post, and presented the everything as if the sky is going to fall down and Armenia is going to disappear from the world. Next time I hope you present a more mature, measured, and accurate account of problems in Armenia.
      Whining? I never presented as the sky was going to fall down, but that being said there are problems that need to be addressed soon and shouldn't be ignored. So yes there is some urgency in solving some of the problems but that doesn't mean the sky if falling down, and I don't see how you inferred that from my post.

Strategic includes military, economic, and political. So that is why I asked, you used it in a different context than it usully is seen. I agree for the most part. Rule of law, and fair economic playing field are benefits that Armenia can get from closer ties to the EU. The multiculturalism, and other super liberal nonesense, the euroxxxs can keep to themselves.
      Well I usually divided it into strategic, political, and economical. But I guess that just depends on the person.

When it comes to multiculturalism I don't see how that could affect Armenia as we really don't have any sizeable ethnic minorities. Armenia should remain a country of Armenians, by Armenians, and for Armenians. Part of the reason why I opposed the Iranians moving to Armenia in large numbers.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Whining? I never presented as the sky was going to fall down, but that being said there are problems that need to be addressed soon and shouldn't be ignored. So yes there is some urgency in solving some of the problems but that doesn't mean the sky if falling down, and I don't see how you inferred that from my post.
        You were whining. Why do you think I responded the way I did?

When it comes to multiculturalism I don't see how that could affect Armenia as we really don't have any sizeable ethnic minorities. Armenia should remain a country of Armenians, by Armenians, and for Armenians. Part of the reason why I opposed the Iranians moving to Armenia in large numbers.
        The existence of minorities is not a requirement for multiculturalism. This term may be used to explicitly refer to the existence and acceptance of minority cultures; however, in most cases it's a crafty way to introduce foreign sub-cultures and force their acceptance to the push for multiculturalism. For example, first, "redefine" what constitutes a minority. If before there needed to be a distinct ethnic background, now, define just about any group of people as a minority => women, gays, lesbians, punks, emos, etc. This in effect validates that group and encourages it's members to further identify themselves with the group. This has a two fold effect. Firstly, it divides the population into groups, so unity is further destroyed. Secondly, since the members are likely to identify more with the group rather than the whole population, controlling the subgroup becomes easier. And guess what, when western sub-cultures infiltrate foreign land, those who introduce it maintain a sizable amount of control over the group that identifies with that sub-culture. This effectively robs people of their national identity and gives them an identity within the sub-group; thus, weakening the tie between the individual and his/her country => decreasing patriotism. This is all part of the ultra-liberal agenda and it's very dangerous, and sadly, it has very little to do with actual multiculturalism.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
          You were whining. Why do you think I responded the way I did?
          We have to go over this? I was not whining, I was commentating on some of the problems in our country that need reform. Something wrong with talking about the things our country can reform on?

The existence of minorities is not a requirement for multiculturalism. This term may be used to explicitly refer to the existence and acceptance of minority cultures; however, in most cases it's a crafty way to introduce foreign sub-cultures and force their acceptance to the push for multiculturalism. For example, first, "redefine" what constitutes a minority. If before there needed to be a distinct ethnic background, now, define just about any group of people as a minority => women, gays, lesbians, punks, emos, etc. This in effect validates that group and encourages it's members to further identify themselves with the group. This has a two fold effect. Firstly, it divides the population into groups, so unity is further destroyed. Secondly, since the members are likely to identify more with the group rather than the whole population, controlling the subgroup becomes easier. And guess what, when western sub-cultures infiltrate foreign land, those who introduce it maintain a sizable amount of control over the group that identifies with that sub-culture. This effectively robs people of their national identity and gives them an identity within the sub-group; thus, weakening the tie between the individual and his/her country => decreasing patriotism. This is all part of the ultra-liberal agenda and it's very dangerous, and sadly, it has very little to do with actual multiculturalism.
          Well first off, in Europe the notion of multiculturalism has more to do with the coexistence between the many immigrant groups (esp Muslims) and the native European populations. Of course this has failed, and European leaders have stated how such multiculturalism has failed in their states. The problem there is not gays, lesbians, or emos, but the immigration of all the Muslim groups that people see as a threat to their national identity.

When it comes to Armenia, we must ensure that Armenians stay a very clear majority, and ethnic minorities are kept at a minimum. I know it's kind of harsh, but given our small population, and meagre birth rates, we must be strict on this. Now in reference to emos, gays, etc. I don't like them obviously, and they get on my nerves, but with all the media, internet, it's hard to prevent it. We can discourage emo behaviour, which should come mainly from the family, but more than that what can you propose? I believe the main threat to Armenian identity, is how Armenia/Armenians are represented in places like US, where assimilated Armenians who know very little about Armenia start talking nonsense, or the fascination of some armenians with the black or hispanic gangs. Or trying to act like them, and being "Armenian" at the same time.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

The biggest threat I see to Armenia is our self destructive peasantry. And this is not limited to Armenians within Armenia, but the Diaspora as well. An example would be the pfa and the sheeple that eat up the propaganda which they spew.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

I was not whining, I was commentating on some of the problems in our country that need reform...
              Sounded like a panick attack to me.

Good discussion guys.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                Sounded like a panick attack to me.

Good discussion guys.
                panic attack? so we go from whining to panic attack now? can we stick to the subject at hand rather than argue endlessly about my tone in the first post?
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                  Actually, her mentioning of the Armenian philanthropist is interesting. His name was Nazareth Berberian, this is his memorial website http://www.nazarethberberian.com/

California Armenian Businessman Found Dead in Armenia

A U.S. businessman of Armenian descent has been found dead in Armenia three weeks after disappearing in unclear circumstances.

Nazareth Berberian, 57, reportedly went missing after leaving his apartment in downtown Yerevan late on April 25. His car was found abandoned in the parking lot of the Zvartnots international airport, 10 kilometers south of the capital, several days later. Earlier this month, Berberian’s California-based wife and children promised a $250,000 reward for information about his whereabouts.

The Armenian police said at the weekend that they have found the businessman’s body bearing “traces of violence” in a ravine near a section of a highway 25 kilometers north of Yerevan.

In a written statement, the police indicated that they have already identified suspects in Berberian’s kidnapping and subsequent murder. “In the interests of the investigation, circumstances of the case and names of the perpetrators of the crime will not be disclosed [for now,]” the statement said. A source familiar with the investigation told RFE/RL that the police have already made at least one arrest.

A native of Armenia, Berberian moved back to the country in 1999 and engaged in a range of business activities there. His assets included a carpet factory in a village in the southern Ararat region. His Linareh company was also building a hotel in a prime location in central Yerevan.

“Friends and family have affirmed that Mr. Berberian has no known enemies and that he has been conducting business in Armenia since 1999 without any problem,” the Shahan Natalie Family Foundation, an Armenian-American charity, said in a statement released on behalf of them on May 7.

http://asbarez.com/62562/california-...ad-in-armenia/

Unlike many who are just big mouthes online this man as you mentioned was doing real things...and for that they killed him and framed someone else.

Nazareth Hagop Berberian provided tons of food aid to the hard to get villages of Kashatagh, Karavajar and Artsakh. Berberian was murdered in Yerevan Armeni...

Btw, I was wondering do you do some charity help on this forum for cancer ill Armenian kids or starving Fedayi families like we do among our bloggers? In that case I could give some links for collecting money.

Comment

Originally posted by Nare View Post
                    Unlike many who are just big mouthes online this man as you mentioned was doing real things...and for that they killed him and framed someone else.

Do you realize how idiotic your post sounds? (Not the charity part) You claim Berberian was 'doing real things' whatever that means, but for no reason, 'they' whoever that is, killed him. Again, do you wake up in the mornings and think of stuff to make up and people to slander?

Comment

Who knows what type of business he was involved in.... I mean just because a person has a couple legit businesses doesn't mean he wasn't involved in any dirty ones.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X