Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

barbarians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: barbarians

TWO GERMAN PHILOSOPHERS
    On Nietzsche:
    When asked what he thought of Nietzsche,
    Jules Renard is said to have replied:
    "There are too many useless letters in his name."
    On Heidegger:
    The son-of-a-xxxxx was a Nazi
    who fell in love with one of his students
    who happened to be a Jewess.

Comment

To Armenians who demand solutions from me
      and choose to ignore the solutions advanced by our historians and writers from Khorenatsi and Yeghishe in the 5th century AD to our own days, I can only say:
      As long as there are Armenians like you,
      our problems will remain insoluble.
      If I know my Armenians,
      they will never come to terms with their enemies:
      too much blood.
      Hell, they will never even come to terms with their fellow Armenians: too much bad blood!
      #

Comment

Everything I write is rooted in autobiography. The statement “It’s astonishing what a man is capable of doing in exchange of a regular salary” is based on the fact that, even I find it difficult to believe the things I have done for minimum wage.

Comment

Dupes come in all sizes and shapes.
          Dupes of nationalist propaganda
          (“my country, right or wrong”) are the dumbest.
          I have been there and I know what I am saying.

Comment

Those who say the Armenian genocide is a figment of our imagination do so because they think: "So what’s in it for us if we side with the Armenians? What can we get from them that we can’t get from Turks?"

Comment

We speak like parrots,
              drink like fish,
              eat like pigs,
              fight like dragons,
              live in asphalt jungles,
              and we call ourselves civilized human beings.

Comment

If our elder statesmen have a low opinion of one another,
                what is their opinion of the people?
                “Sh*ts” and “assh*les” according to two friends
                quoting two of our “statesmen.”

Comment

We like to be massaged – body, ego, soul – and we are willing to pay for it handsomely to speechifiers, sermonizers, and generally speaking, dealers in verbal crapola. As for writers who make us feel uncomfortable, we love to see them starved.

Comment

Only an unspeakably self-satisfied simpleton with the IQ of a jackass would violate someone's free speech on the grounds that free speech is not a fundamental human right but a privilege bestowed only on those who are infallible, among them himself.

Comment

LIVE & LEARN
                      In the eyes of some, genocide is a crime against humanity;
                      in the eyes of others, a political tool like any other.
                      Many years ago I remember
                      I attended a lecture by a medical expert
                      who was against surgery on the grounds that
                      the guillotine cannot be considered
                      a legitimate cure for headaches.
                      According to American foreign policy experts,
                      genocide may be a tragedy but not a crime.
                      If both terrorism and genocide target the innocent,
                      in what way one is morally superior to the other?
                      If Lincoln and Sultan Abdulhamid II were alive today,
                      would they shake hands and congratulate each other
                      on a job well done?
                      #

Comment

Working...
                      X