Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Having a non-traditional last name is good sometimes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
    Omg I would have cried. That is the saddest thing. What did they say? Did you at least say anything? I am guessing this was during High School and knowing you went to Grant I am not suprised!
    Yea, I wrote up a whole post about it a while ago, if you can, search for it, I don't wanna write that long ass thing all over again.
    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by HyePrincess
      oh yea once me and my cousin were at century theater to see passion of christ with our mom's and the whole row behind us were a group of armenian freinds and my cousin stand up two times to see if our parents were coming yet (the movie hasent begun yet) they didnt no we were armenian and they started to say in armenian god how many times does she have to stand up and sit down when my cuz was a bout to say something i shut her up. so then like 5 minutes later my mom and aunt came and both of us loudly said mom were here in armenian they got shocked but then one of the freinds said its okay we didnt say anything bad and we were laughing so badly

once we were at the store and my cousins daughter looks like she's a american cause she has blond hair and blue eyes and the armenians were all saying in (armeinan) i am pretty sure she got married to an american like if we could'nt hear that then my cousins daughter turned around and said apushner yes hay em we started to laugh so much and again they got shocked

well some can tell i am armenian and some cant
      that reminds me of a story! my mom was shopping in an armenian market in glenhell (j/k i love that darn city ) a few years back when she heard this little asian kid say in armenian " daddy, i want candy" so ....naturally my mom was shocked and looked at the kid and looked around to see a parent, and in the meantime the kid's dad was lafffin his a$$ off and told my mom "i have seen that look so many times" haha! that is funny huh? to hear an asian or a black kid speak armenian like a native! it's also interesting to hear a european armenian speak the language with an 'odar accent'....that's an experience too!

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
        that reminds me of a story! my mom was shopping in an armenian market in glenhell (j/k i love that darn city ) a few years back when she heard this little asian kid say in armenian " daddy, i want candy" so ....naturally my mom was shocked and looked at the kid and looked around to see a parent, and in the meantime the kid's dad was lafffin his a$$ off and told my mom "i have seen that look so many times" haha! that is funny huh? to hear an asian or a black kid speak armenian like a native! it's also interesting to hear a european armenian speak the language with an 'odar accent'....that's an experience too!
        People say I sound like a Surfer trying to talk Armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by gaucho
          *with a total sarcasm*
          "oh yeah... I hate this... I look italian... uffff I hate it... but I'm braggin about it in an armo forum... but I seriously hate it when people think I'm italian"

khyar
          *Grabs the khyar from her hand*

That's a good tasting khyar.

Gaucho... haha

Comment

Originally posted by MadHandle
            like someone else said I'm tired of givin a history lecture everytime I mention I'm Armenian. The answers I get are now mandetory. I tell them I'm Armenian, their response is Albanian?, Romanian, etc...Then they need to know where its located...so they say "I'm pretty sure its in Russia or Europe, right?" Then I explain that its near Iran and Iraq...
            Gaucho.....there's a thing or two you can learn about my frustration.

I'm fine with the normal assumption of me being either Italian or Greek from odars. I never said I hated it.

It's the fact that I need to keep explaining to odars what Armenian is.... I don't mind.......but it gets annoying after several times.

So to keep things short I just say yes to their assumption and move on.

Plain and simple.

BTW... you still have those great tasting khyars?
            Last edited by Guest; 10-13-2004, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
              I have a cousin who's black and can read, write, and speak Armenian really well.

It's cool to actually hear her speak it.

Comment

Thanks a lot, now I'm craving Khyar... brb.

Ok back *chops down* Hmm.. needs more salt. Anyway... I share you pain, it gets annoying to explain what an Armenian is. My favorite question is "Oh, you're Armenian.. where do Armenians come from?" ...Ugh... Armenia... "Oh really, what language do Armenians speak?" ...Ugh... Armenian...

What? Do they want me to say "Oh, Armenians come from Zimbawe and speaking French"??

Comment

Working...
                X