Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Glendale is for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha...NO

Comment

Originally posted by gaucho
      interesting.
      yet another self hating Armenian.
      I got a couple of questions for you.
      when you say Glendale WAS a very nice city, WHEN are your referring to?
      were you around when "glendale WAS a nice city"?
      if so what is it about Armenians that "turned" Glendale or Burbank into this so-called "unnice" city?
      if not, what are you basing your "thoughts" on?
      (and it's funny you mention Burbank cuz according to census, Burbank is one of the fastest growing cities in the country... socially and most importantly economically)
      I am not self hating, prove that I am self hating. Hating a few Armenians does not make me self hating. Glendale was nice in the 80s. I was not around, my aunts and uncles were. The reason why Armenians have ruined parts of it is because of them bringing their Armenian Egos of being Superior to others here. There is constant friction between Armenians and Locals...as far as I am concerned, the more harsh they are on Armenians, the better. So tired of the damn Rabiz crap it is nto even funny.

This is the same reason why Mexicans never succeed, they come from Mexico bringing all their ways of life to America and creating an Artificial Mexico. Armenians need to become part of the society and communicate a lot more with the local whites. They should also have RESPECT for laws, that means when a sign says NO U-TURN, you better not make a phuckiing U-TURN!

Armenians need to preserve their Roots and Language along with becomming active with the community. In a sense, a double life. Just my thoughts.

BTW, IMO, the only self hating Armenians are the ones who ignore the problems and continue to act as if everything were perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayq
        I am not self hating, prove that I am self hating. Hating a few Armenians does not make me self hating.
        A few Armenians? dude you're literally saying that Armenians ruined Glendale, just a few Armenians can't ruin a city.... the impression I got from your post was that Armenians as a whole are so bad that they ruined a beautiful city.

Comment

Originally posted by CatWoman
          A few Armenians? dude you're literally saying that Armenians ruined Glendale, just a few Armenians can't ruin a city.... the impression I got from your post was that Armenians as a whole are so bad that they ruined a beautiful city.
          come now, can you blame the guy? i mean sure, we have contributed a lot to the growth of the city and there are many upstanding armenian glendalians; but as far as the IMAGE goes, yeahhhhh huhhhh! it's been ruined! and the worst day out of the year is 04/24; what do these youth do on the other 364 days of the year besides acting stupid, gettin high, loitering, committing crime/fraud....etc.

...and on that one day they suddenly become "devoted" to their culture! B.S.!!! if they cared about the 'armenian cause' they'd start with themselves first and clean up their act and make something of themselves and make their community proud!

being loud and driving expensive cars with big shiny rims does not "earn respect", however education, dignity, and humility not only bring respect, they also empower, and give you a voice and make people listen to what you have to say....

Comment

hyebruin your point is completely different from hayq's. He's talking about what people did to the city, he even mentioned, keep em clean fellow Armenians. You said it yourself, we've contributed alot to the growth of the city. I completely agree with you about how some Armenians represent themselves, and ruin our "reputation" but not the "city".

Comment

Dude.... BOTTOM LINE....

The city is great, it's the people and their attitude that kill it.

Comment

god i hate it when an armenian starts talkin bout this and that that we runied glendale we runied burbank its enough we get it from other races we dont have to get it from our own race to (armenians) actually burbank and glendale are one of the safiest cities in our area. like once some of u guyz were sayin ya its true the armenians in glendale most of them not all live in an aparment and drive beamerz and benz ya it might be true but just keep it to your self cuz if an odar comes in here and dosent like armenians and says these things some of you people are saying that person will sent all the people hes tryin to prove wrong to this site and say see even ur own fellow armenians say so

Comment

RESPECT THE LAW! Do you know how many non-Armenians from Glendale complain about Armenians? Dear god! 1 is too many.

It stands firm, that the majority of the Armenians who contribute to the society have been their for a while. All the new arrivals are nothing more than thugs and criminals who never even had a bicycle in Armenia and how drive Benz and BMWs.

Other races do it, but it is Armenian ego and the constant feeling that we are "better" than everyone else that drives me mad. Armenians have helped Glendale, but not ALL armenians help out.

Honestly, mates. Especially you HyePrincess. It is the TRUTH. So if no Odar sees this, that Armenians themselves know their own flaw, that means we are still somehow going to be good people? NO! All the Armenian filth needs to be exposed and embarassed to such a degree that they would begin to respect the law and others.

My father's friend is a perfect example of what a typical Armenian is. He opened up a business, made a lot of money in the first couple of months. He is a very smart man, instead of chosing to save the money for a rainy day, he decided that the good times would never stop and that he much rather buy an H2 and upgrade his house to a PALACE. Well, a year went by, and 9/11 happened. The government started getting stricter, so he lost his business. NOW, he is under heavy loans and has to pay not only 1600dollars a month for the H2, not only 3000dollars for his house, not only 1500 for his SECOND house (that wont sell and he is stuck with), but he has to hide it all under he also has to pay for his daughters College Education.

yes, some phucking genius Armenians are. Dont be embarassed for the fault of other Armenians. It is better if they are left to fend for themselves than be protected by the cleaner Armenians who do the best they can to earn money (legally) and be respected by the community.

The only self haters are the ones who lie to themselves, like you hyeprincess and catwoman. (lol, locking horns with chix, very smooth move)

Comment

Why does everyone hate Glendale so much? It's got almost everything you could want.
                    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

there are people with atitudes everywhere u go- not only lendale -just because theres more of a concentration of them- doesnt mean its the only city with people who "kill it" .... personally I DONT CARE... thats the best solution to everything right now.... once u start not to care- things become clearer-
                      tah- tah

Comment

Working...
                      X