Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Pictures of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hayq
    <sigh> The republic square was built in Communist days as well. Yerevan was a village before that.

Armenia is going in a bad direction, I want it to be Industrial rather than tourist
    Agreed, I don't want to attract too many non armenians to Armenia...
    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
      Agreed, I don't want to attract too many non armenians to Armenia...
      this and the crap thats been spewing out of hayqs mouth are the stupidest things iv read in a long while. are you people serious?

Comment

Armenia is going in a bad direction, I want it to be Industrial rather than tourist
        Uhh so you'd rather it be a smoggy city full of factories blackening the sky rather than a place that attracts tourism dollars from all over and actually gets itself on the map?! Alright............................
        What is with your fear of non-Armenians anyway? First you are mad at non-Armenians coming to Armenian club and learning about our culture, and now you want Armenia to be some kind of totally isolated place with no contact with the outside non-Armenian world?? How can that be the right direction for it?!

Comment

Originally posted by IAmMadAtAC
          Uhh so you'd rather it be a smoggy city full of factories blackening the sky rather than a place that attracts tourism dollars from all over and actually gets itself on the map?! Alright............................
          What is with your fear of non-Armenians anyway? First you are mad at non-Armenians coming to Armenian club and learning about our culture, and now you want Armenia to be some kind of totally isolated place with no contact with the outside non-Armenian world?? How can that be the right direction for it?!
          very well put, i cant believe there are still idiots like this hayq who even feel that they are actually making any sense

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
            very well put, i cant believe there are still idiots like this hayq who even feel that they are actually making any sense
            Haha thank you Tigran, it was nice to come here and have not one but two compliments from you on my posts. It's nice to have someone who thinks similarly and RATIONALLY about Armenian issues and cares so much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmMadAtAC
              First of all, Tigran, it is not comming out of my mouth, rather my brain as I am typing (with my fingers).

Industry does not mean a place full of dark smoggy place, Germany is an Industrial nation, it is very clean. With Industry comes technology; technology for medicine, education and all that delightful little stuff that you cant live without. Tourism makes money, but you can not base an economy on Tourism, in any case of war, your economy is TOAST. Tourism incourages prostitution and really makes a nation dependent on living off of others.

I was not mad at non-Armenians coming to Armenianclub! (what!). And, I never wanted to lose contact with the rest of the world. I simply stated that self-suffeciency is A MUST if we are to live next to Russians, Turks, and Persians. Either one of them can turn on us at any moment.

If you are happy with foreigners comming into your land, using your women, eating your food all for some money, then by all means, encourage Tourism. But let me tell you this, a country like Greece where tourism is a prime source of income, is not neccesarily a good thing militarily, educationaly, or morally.

Tigo and Madatac, phuck off.

Comment

Tourism should not be a country's main source of income, I agree. Too risky, but arguably a little less risky for Armenia because of the Diaspora (i.e. Many Armenians from abroad will go to Armenia). But even then, it is not big enough of a base to build an economy on, even if it is expected to be a big part of it for Armenia.

AAAAAAAAAAAAALSO, tourism involves the third scetor of the economy (services), so jobs (which are desperately needed right now) will not be as big in numbers as opposed to investments in the second sector (manufacturing, etc).

Comment

I simply stated that self-suffeciency is A MUST if we are to live next to Russians, Turks, and Persians. Either one of them can turn on us at any moment.
                  I am not so sure what you are talking about here, exactly whom would they turn to? Turks can't turn on us because they are already not on our side. Them turning on us would be like Osama bin Laden turning mad at America. Oh wait he already is. Who would the Russians turn to? Let's see, they can stay with Armenia who is their only ally in the region, or they could turn on us and join up with the very anti-Russian nation of Georgia. Or with the anti-Russian nation of Turkey. Or the western-aligned nation of Azerbaijan. While occasionally Russian does do something or other with Turkey or Azerbaijan, it is completely in its interests to be on Armenia's side. Even though the Cold War is over, Putin desires to bring the CIS nations back into his orbit and bring back the Russian empire. This is very much at odds with the wold-dominating US. So Russia "turning on Armenia" would be it joining up with the very force it is trying to oppose to rebuild its empire. It would dictate Russia to, to use a Ukrainian metaphor, to suddenly declare its support for Yushenko despite having been totally behind anti-West candidate Yanukovich all along now. It just isn't possible in the current geopolitical situation.
                  Now only with the Persian Iranians do you even have an arguement. Lately some Iranian official made a visit to Azerbaijan and a Baku paper is lauding the thaw in Iranian relations. Overall though Iran is still with Armenia and I don't sense any change in that. The facts still remain that much of north Iran is populated by Azerbaijanis, and Azerbaijan wouldn't mind them becoming a seperatist movement. A weak Azerbaijan is in Iran's best interests, for fear of it taking some of its land; as well as to make more claims on the Caspian oil which Azerbaijan and Iran quarrel over.

Tigo and Madatac, phuck off.
                  Well at least we could end this civilly, jerk.

Comment

He is just uneducated and makes not sense. When he realizes this he tries to moderate what he actually meant and changes around his words. Dont mind him.

Vrouyr, noone said tourism should be what our economy is based on, obviously noone is saiyng that, we are justreacting to his claim that tourism is "bad" and Armenia should be an "industrial" nation. Germany itself is a pretty big tourist nation. If you could name me one succesful nation that manages to survive and make its name mainly off industry and shuns tourism i will say you proved your point hayq.

Comment

Yes, I have already pointed out Hayq's "flip-flopping"...lol.

Tourism is good, and investment in tourism leads to a nicer, more attractive country. Tourism can also turn ugly though, and should be moderated.

As for HyeJinx and his "keeping Armenians out of Armenia" thing, care to explain that Mr. Jinx? lol

Comment

Working...
                      X