Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

A Question- From A Non-armenian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question- From A Non-armenian

hello everyone. this is my first time here.
    i am a university student studying medicine and i am doing research project on personal hygiene habits and the relationship with disease.

i need to ask a very personal question as i cannot find out this information from any books or websites about armenians. and i do not know any armenians. i have found out this question about other cultures such as indians, arabs, south americans and japanese. but i have not been able to find out the answer to my question about armenians.

Please understand that this a real question for my research project and i am not joking . this is a very personal question.

my question is,,,,,,,, IS IT PART OF ARMENIAN CULTURE TO WASH THE BACKSIDE WITH WATER AFTER DOING DEFACATION ( xxxx, poo).?? or is it just normal to use toilet paper to just wipe.

OTHER CULTURES USE WATER LIKE JAPANESE, INDIANS ARABS AND SOUTH AMERICANS. I NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS IN ARMENIAN CULTURE TO USE WATER AFTER VISITING THE BATHROOM FOR DEFACATION( xxxx, poo).

i know this question is very personal but i am doing research on hygiene habits of different cultures around the world.
    i know that some armenians might use water, BUT I NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS PART OF CULTURE TO USE WATER LIKE IT IS IN OTHER CULTURES OF THE WORLD. I NEED TO KNOW IF THE MAJORITY USE IT.

THANK U SO MUCH FOR ANY REPLIES IN ADVANCE. I REALLY APPRECIATE UR HELP AND I HOPE U DONT THINK I AM JOKING OR ABUSING OR ANYTHING BECUASE THIS IS A REAL QUESTION.

thank u so much everybody.
    take care,
    Bye
    ILYA

I just drank two Guinness' and I don't even know how I got to this thread, but I think I use toilet paper.

Comment

Originally posted by ilya
      hello everyone. this is my first time here.
      i am a university student studying medicine and i am doing research project on personal hygiene habits and the relationship with disease.

i need to ask a very personal question as i cannot find out this information from any books or websites about armenians. and i do not know any armenians. i have found out this question about other cultures such as indians, arabs, south americans and japanese. but i have not been able to find out the answer to my question about armenians.

Please understand that this a real question for my research project and i am not joking . this is a very personal question.

my question is,,,,,,,, IS IT PART OF ARMENIAN CULTURE TO WASH THE BACKSIDE WITH WATER AFTER DOING DEFACATION ( xxxx, poo).?? or is it just normal to use toilet paper to just wipe.

OTHER CULTURES USE WATER LIKE JAPANESE, INDIANS ARABS AND SOUTH AMERICANS. I NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS IN ARMENIAN CULTURE TO USE WATER AFTER VISITING THE BATHROOM FOR DEFACATION( xxxx, poo).

i know this question is very personal but i am doing research on hygiene habits of different cultures around the world.
      i know that some armenians might use water, BUT I NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS PART OF CULTURE TO USE WATER LIKE IT IS IN OTHER CULTURES OF THE WORLD. I NEED TO KNOW IF THE MAJORITY USE IT.

THANK U SO MUCH FOR ANY REPLIES IN ADVANCE. I REALLY APPRECIATE UR HELP AND I HOPE U DONT THINK I AM JOKING OR ABUSING OR ANYTHING BECUASE THIS IS A REAL QUESTION.

thank u so much everybody.
      take care,
      Bye
      ILYA
      i use a combination: soggy toilet paper.

just kidding.
      No i just use toilet paper. And as far as i know all other Armenians do as well.

Comment

:This message deleted by me cuz I'm an idiot.
        Last edited by Thai-Samurai; 12-31-2004, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I use a bidet, but I usually sh!t once a day at night, and i Take a shower after...i love the restroo.

Comment

wow, i wish i got to use a bidet, I saw one once, and at first I had no idea what it was. I had to ask my friend what the hell is that for? He said, you spray your ass w/ water instead of wiping it. And I was all what the xxxx people really do that? And then I realized that it was probably, If I never talk about it, a more comfartable and entertaining way to go, if I wanted to actually care about getting off the toilet. I mostly read on the toilet.

Comment

The Toilet is a man's throne. It is one of two places where a man is free from politics, economics, and women. Where a man educates himself and plans out his life.

The other is a bar.

All of the major events were either planned by some guy on the can or two guys in the bar: WW2, Communism, Christianity, and Zionism were all by two guys in a bar. Think about it.

Comment

*aside* I'm afraid to post in this thread. And to be the only girl, thus far, to be doing so.

Comment

hey

thank u to all who have replied to far, i would appreciate any more answers as to if using water after bowel movement to wash is part of armenian culture.

hello sssflames, please post here so i can read what ur answer is...thanks so much for all ur time so far..i look forward to checking back here....

take care bye
                  ILYA

Comment

I definately have water in my bowels, and by bowels, do you mean toilet bowel. Because in my toilet bowel there is water. I'm sure there is also water in my bowels. And I mean the bowel movements themselves have water in them. IS that intersting enouhg fo ryou, does that satisfy your scientific enquiries? If so, I appreciate the fact I was such a help.

Comment

Working...
                    X