Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is it more Armenian then Turkish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol.. :d

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
      HOWEVER! ... Don't you think that, considering the migration of the tukish tribes into our lands starting back in 1190 ad, and our people living there WAY! i mean WAAAY! before that, and they still do, that maybe what some poeple say is turkish, is actually armenian with a twist?
      i would have to say that considering our history of occupying that land forever, and then having otar poeple migrate there, makes me think that maybe they took Armenian things, and called them turkish, and THEN! they were so much stronger then us, that they killed off half the population, here and there, and now that we have finally come this far, they are not only telling us that we committed genocide against them, but that all the traditions they have are turkish origin? i dont think so, they came and killed armenians took their food, their music, their culture and put their little twist on it and called it turkish?
      According to Gilles Deleuze barbarian nations - such as the *urks - assimilate the Culture - or at least elements of it - of the lands they have invaded and cultures they dominate. In fact, some of the reasons are:
      1- A barbarian invading nation - such as the *urks - has an developed military philosophy but an undeveloped culture
      2- A barbarian invading nation - such as the *urks - is mainly composed of male warriors
      3-
      So in order to build a stable nation they had to assimilate
      1- Missing elements from the dominated Cultures
      2- Assimilate elements of the dominated population
      3-...
      Of course, it does not mean that the underdeveloped *urks have borrowed from the Armenians; it could have been also from Persians, Greeks, Arabs, Assyrians etc.
      The best example to consider is the *urkish vocabulary; it is mainly composed of foreign words. That should indicate how underdeveloped was their conceptual universe.

In any case, considering that Jurks are still - morally and intellectually - underdeveloped, I would say that they did not borrow enough from the autochtons!

Last, but not last, there's always the "dialectics of Master and Slave!"

I think that we have a lot in common with Persians, but not turks (as a cultural characteristic, as a matter of fact i think we have more in common with arabs then turks, at least arab people are nice)...
      That confirms that:
      "In any case, considering that Jurks are still - morally and intellectually - underdeveloped, I would say that they did not borrow enough from the autochtons! "

i hope that one day we can know the truth, but the more i read about how and when and what happened between the armenians and the turks, the more i am inclined to think that they stole everything from us, and now they say its all turkish...
      Lately, the insurance/financial sector coined a new buzzword: "Identity Theft." I believe it perfectly fits the *urkish Nation. Not only they have invaded the Greek and Armenian Lands, looted the treasures of the Byzantine, Hellenistic and Armenian Civilizations and massacred the Native Armenian and Greek Populations; they are, now, willing to steal their IDENTITY. In fact, let's simply consider how they are portraying themselves in the West and how elements of the native Greek, Armenian, Assyrian and Byzantine Civilizations are presented as "*urkish."

When THIEVES and riffraff infest a neighborhood and kill its dwellers, only the uninformed would consider those THIEVES as the inheritors of the original dwellers who have built the neighborhood.
      Of course, only a Nation of morally and intellectually inferior forms of life - such as the *urks - who can't tell the difference between "Cultural Artifacts" and Cultural Elements would make such claims!

Stop doing the ostrich, Mr. Jurkey!

Note: I have chosen to auto censor the words "*urk" or "*urkish" because it is commonly perceived as unpleasant and offending, evokes unpleasant emotions and imagery and is pregnant with immoral and evil connotations!
      Last edited by Siamanto; 05-14-2005, 10:25 AM.
      What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Go on

Do you think that you will put your ass somewhere and it will stay in there about 1000 years... Dont make me laugh... there was no reason to fight in this time but all nations were in war why? That was the poltic of this time...
        Fight and Win !

And i can see that you have abilitity to look only one side of it...

if Turks comes here, what about the old place of them? if you oppose this crime why dont you support us in this incident who has fired us from old place?

Comment

Siamanto, you're the most pathetic Armenian I've ever seen in the last 22 years of my life. Your post doesn't make any sense. It lacks logic, facts, historical data... actually, you know what, it's full of schit and lies. I can easily say that you don't have a phucking clue about Turks, Turkish culture and history. A society that is composed of individuals like you is bound to be underdeveloped in all fields of civic and humanity, and is just doomed forever... just like Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by TUR-Friend
            Siamanto, you're the most pathetic Armenian I've ever seen in the last 22 years of my life. Your post doesn't make any sense. It lacks logic, facts, historical data... actually, you know what, it's full of schit and lies.
            Jurk,
            Our perception, understanding and reading of a text is limited to the how evolved is our intelligence and analytical skills and tools we have mastered. That's probably why a koylu would not comprehend what is superior to him! LOL!

I can easily say that you don't have a phucking clue about Turks, Turkish culture and history. A society that is composed of individuals like you is bound to be underdeveloped in all fields of civic and humanity, and is just doomed forever... just like Armenia.
            You can easily say whatever pleases you, what would that prove? Central Asians are know to be shameless liars and sly.
            Would you please "enlighten" us and "educate" us about *urks? Please show us the "marvels" of your "Civilization." I have ridiculed many of you in the past and I feel in a mood to ridicule a Jurk!

PS. I see that you started to insult: is that a sign that the mad dog *urk is showing its true face! LOL!

Note: I have chosen to auto censor the words "*urk" or "*urkish" because it is commonly perceived as unpleasant and offending, evokes unpleasant emotions and imagery and is pregnant with immoral and evil connotations!
            What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

I’m not going to join in on the debate of weather this or that came from Armenians, or not, because I feel we’ll never honestly know, but I had to throw in my $ .02 on the following….

Let's look at some numbers... Turkey's GDP = $508.7 billion, Armania's GDP = $13.65 billion. Also, despite Turkey's huge population (70M), an average Turkish citizen happens to have $7,400 USD in his pocket from our national GDP, while an Armanian citizen, (with only 3M in the country) happens to have only $4,600 USD.

And we got all the culture to make all that from you guys, eh?
              Yes.....well......there are just a few monumental flaws with your comparisons....

For starters, you're comparing a fledgling, barely a decade old state to a nation that's been around since 1923? That's hardly a fair comparison. There is a long, loooong way to go before you can start drawing direct comparisons. For example, Armenia's GPD growth last year was 9%, compared to Turkey's 8.2%. It will take some time (certainly more then a decade) for such growth to show some substantial impact on the overall state of the economy.

Secondly, what exactly do the current economic states of the nations have to do with weather your "historic" cultural aspects were barrowed/adopted from Armenians, or not? Last I checked, things of such nature that were ancestral to Armenians (or not) couldn't be defined by 2004 political/economical/educational facts.

Lastly, let's not get into some stupid, trivial facts and figures battle about which nation is more elite then the other. There are plenty for and against each nation. After all, in spite of how hard it is to fathom this is possible for such a "rich, powerful nation", there's one pretty important stat that is not in Turkey's favor:

Turkey
              Literacy:
              total population: 86.5%

Armenia
              Literacy:
              total population: 98.6%

Turkey also has a public debt of 74.3% of its GDP.

Also, I don't understand the point of raising the military issue. How does pointing out the Ottoman Empire's ability to kill people (and I'm talking long before the Armenians of Anatolia) prove culture? Brute killing ability is hardly an attribute to civilized society.

Comment

You tell 'em.

Comment

lol! thats toooooo funny thinknone - because i think the US clearly has chosen *ukry as its playground... thats why they have dispersed all over turkey taking control over so many places, and NOW they are even making *urks (so-called muslims) kill other muslims...

armenia has (luckly) no intersting thing for the US, and so they dont give a crap about little tiny armenia... BUT man-o-man do they just piss all over *ukry...

LOL!

Comment

Working...
                  X