Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Your favorite Armenian Poet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Your favorite Armenian Poet

    Mine are:

    Rapheal Patkanian, Siamanto, Bedros Tourian, and Saiet Nova - but I prefer to read more Avedik Isahakian when it comes to writing about Armenian women - since thats what they mainly wrote about. I just dont like the "Romantic" approach Saiet takes in 80% of his work.

    Yours?

  • #2
    Re: Your favorite Armenian Poet

    Myself.

    "I'm a poet to some, a regular modern day Shakespeare."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Your favorite Armenian Poet

      Thats dandy.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Your favorite Armenian Poet

        They're all so wonderfully depressing. Especially Bedros Tourian, Yeghia Demircibasyan, and all the other ailing writers of the time.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Your favorite Armenian Poet

          We didn't really have much to be happy about. Don't you know the Armenian mans plight you fool?

          The Armenian Story ends in a tragedy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Your favorite Armenian Poet

            Originally posted by ace
            We didn't really have much to be happy about. Don't you know the Armenian mans plight you fool?

            The Armenian Story ends in a tragedy.
            I didn't say they were depressing in a bad way.

            Perhaps if you'd read some more Armenian literature, instead of making numerous condescending posts, you'd see that there were many Armenians who were well off in Ottoman Constantinople.
            Last edited by TomServo; 01-15-2006, 07:10 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Your favorite Armenian Poet

              Originally posted by TomServo
              I didn't say they were depressing in a bad way.

              Perhaps if you'd read some more Armenian literature, instead of making numerous condescending posts, you'd see that there were many Armenians who were well off in Ottoman Constantinople.
              Actually, the majority of Armenians were of the "educated and skilled" class. Most were "well off." Whats your point?

              I don't know, nor have heard of, ONE SINGLE Armenian poet from the 1890's to the 1930's, that has written about how wonderful the situation the Armenian people were in was.

              Enlighten me?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Your favorite Armenian Poet

                I have read Armenian poets or writers at an age when I could not appreciate their literary merit or value. Also, unfortunately, my knowledge of the Armenian Literature is at best poor, not to say mediocre.
                In other words, I can't - with all honesty - pretend to have a list of favorite Armenian poets. However, I can talk about Armenian poets who have left an impression on me.
                Siamanto is obviously one of them, Silva Gaboudikian the other one.

                P.S. ace, thank you for creating the thread. A more general purpose thread, such as "Armenian Literary Cafe" seems to be missing. Do you want to create it?
                What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Your favorite Armenian Poet

                  Originally posted by Siamanto
                  I have read Armenian poets or writers at an age when I could not appreciate their literary merit or value. Also, unfortunately, my knowledge of the Armenian Literature is at best poor, not to say mediocre.
                  In other words, I can't - with all honesty - pretend to have a list of favorite Armenian poets. However, I can talk about Armenian poets who have left an impression on me.
                  Siamanto is obviously one of them, Silva Gaboudikian the other one.

                  P.S. ace, thank you for creating the thread. A more general purpose thread, such as "Armenian Literary Cafe" seems to be missing. Do you want to create it?
                  I actually like that idea. I'm down.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Your favorite Armenian Poet

                    Originally posted by ace
                    Actually, the majority of Armenians were of the "educated and skilled" class. Most were "well off." Whats your point?

                    I don't know, nor have heard of, ONE SINGLE Armenian poet from the 1890's to the 1930's, that has written about how wonderful the situation the Armenian people were in was.

                    Enlighten me?
                    I didn't say they were well off in the Ottoman Empire, I said they were well off in Ottoman Constantinople. I guess you think being "educated and skilled" isn't well off?

                    There were Armenians who weren't well off in the capital, like in that one short story about a shrimp seller, but there was an Armenian upper class.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X