Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Glendale News Press and Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glendale News Press and Armenians

I've been checking the Glendale News Press online lately and it's usually the same three or four people constantly filling the mailbag. They seem to be in dire need of our opinion, especially since we've got some 'splaining to do to this very worried gentleman.

http://www.glendalenewspress.com/opi...7p-60274c.html

Published March 13, 2006
    Why so much crime among Armenians?
    By Arnie Leib

I have written quite a few letters to the Glendale News-Press over the past several years, and had four or five published. All of them were in reference to the terrible mess General Growth Properties, owners of the Glendale Galleria, got us into as a result of their unwillingness to work side-by-side with Caruso Affiliated Holdings. That unwillingness divided this city beyond one's comprehension, and eventually led to the dismissal of all of their ludicrous court filings. This time I am going to devote whatever journalistic abilities I may have to the very sensitive, yet very serious problem the city faces on almost a daily basis with the top-heavy Armenian population. These problems include murder, hit-and-run incidents, traffic violations and various misdemeanors. Unfortunately, many of these are created by the younger generation, those who in many instances come from well-to-do families who have elected to over-indulge their offspring.

Let me make it perfectly clear that I do not have a racist or anti-ethnic bone in my body. However, knowing that the Armenian community comprises the highest percentage ethnic population in some way gives me the right to express my views on a very serious problem facing law enforcement. This group has been given the same opportunities as everyone else to come to this city to live and prosper, while at the same time evading their responsibilities, in many instances, as to how to raise their children and respect the law themselves.

Everyone in Southern California talks about the inordinate problems in South Central Los Angeles.

In fact, the entire nation has heard about it for generations. However, we're talking about apples and oranges when you consider the advantages our city has given to immigrants and those disadvantages, which still remain a major part of the societal issues facing those who have throughout history been denied equal opportunities.

Having been raised in a predominantly white society in Pittsburgh, Georgia, Louisiana or Mississippi, I still experienced the racial inequality facing the blacks above the Mason-Dixon line, and I loathed what I saw and heard. It was not pretty. I have for a long time questioned why it took so long from the time the Constitution and Bill of Rights were adopted before the Civil Rights Act was signed in 1964. In that regard, I can openly state, at age 75, that I have a pretty good and ugly handle on what has transpired within the African-American community ever since I was old enough to have common sense, a great deal of which has been brought to the forefront by hip-hop or rap. Whether you like that style of music is totally irrelevant. The fact remains that it has finally given them the opportunity to speak out, and even the Academy of Arts and Sciences has voted to give them their just due, an enormous tribute to their trials and tribulations for more than 200 years.

My obvious reasoning stems from the fact that without being biased or racist, I am having difficulty understanding the underlying problem within the Armenian society as to precisely why there is a seemingly disproportionate amount of unlawfulness that appears to be pervasive. Why are youngsters under 20 years of age driving around in Mercedes-Benz, BMWs, Infinities, Porches, etc., and why are they endangering not only the citizens of Glendale but themselves as well with their reckless driving and law-breaking escapades?

Just let me say in closing that I have spoken to many people from the same culture and even they are perplexed and displeased. And who is to blame, the parents or the children? My take is that both have to held accountable.

* ARNIE LEIB is a Glendale resident.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now I don't have a Porche, nor do I commit "various misdemeanors" and endanger the safety of the citizens of Glendale, but those of you who do, please quit it, m'kay?

Glendale PD already has its hands full with the vicious Armenian Grandma Mafia, trying to recover stolen shopping carts and all. They don't need to add reckless drivers to their list of most dangerous criminals, especially those in BMW's and Infinities (tinted windows earn extra EVIL points).

I rolled my eyes so many times reading the letter that I can't see straight. Must be why I can't figure out where and how to reply to the paper electronically.

Re: Glendale News Press and Armenians

I told you guys Glendale was gonna get on the map.

Comment

I have written quite a few letters to the Glendale News-Press over the past several years, and had four or five published.
      What sort of publication is the "Glendale News-Press"? Any proper newspaper on reading a letter that began like that would have put in straight into the trash.

All of them were in reference to the terrible mess General Growth Properties, owners of the Glendale Galleria, got us into as a result of their unwillingness to work side-by-side with Caruso Affiliated Holdings.
      Oh God, not only is it from some pathetic old guy with a single issue bugbear, it's a dead boring single-issue!

Let me make it perfectly clear that I do not have a racist or anti-ethnic bone in my body.
      Translation: my KKK membership card is a lifetime one.

Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

ehhh

not even worth a comment

Comment

yeah but still, xxxx kids who drive bmws and mercedes.

Comment

Right on the spot!

You don't have to be racist to figure out that 9 out 10 reckless BMW/Mercedes drivers are Armenian youngsters.
            Sorry guys, it is just too obvious. If you don't believe it, I suggest you spend some time on Friday or Saturday evening on Glenoaks Blvd. (especially between Highland and Alameda).
            I wish the Glendale Police would start cracking down on these dangerous drivers more agressively. To protect all of us who still respect each other. Or else, Glendale's reputation for a clean & safe city will continue to erode rapidly.

Comment

Re: Right on the spot!

Originally posted by herby View Post
              You don't have to be racist to figure out that 9 out 10 reckless BMW/Mercedes drivers are Armenian youngsters.
              You'd have to stereotype, however, to assume 9 out of 10 BMW or Mercedes drivers are Armenian "youngsters." There's much more that needs to be done in the streets to protect us all. Let's start on cracking down schools and getting rid of the drugs. Or we can just go ahead and ignore that there are any to begin with. It's not like I ever saw drug deals happening in Glendale High School's restrooms.

I am close to 21 and drive a BMW; am I a reckless "youngster?" What about my 30-year-old brother-in-law? Him, too?

Comment

Re: Right on the spot

I agree that there is much more that should be done to protect us all. Luckily, Glendale does not have the same rate of crime as many other neighborhoods do.
                Still, I almost got killed a year ago by a reckless Armenian BMW driver (who ended up dead on the spot). I was 100% innocent and the accident was really not necessary.
                With the reckless driving habbits many young Armenians exhibit in their BMW/Mercedes, it is just matter of time until something bad is going to happen again.
                If you are the young Armenian BMW driver who actually observes our street laws, I take my hat off for you. It must be hard for you to prove you are not like most others. Keep it up!

Comment

Re: Right on the spot

Originally posted by herby View Post
                  I agree that there is much more that should be done to protect us all. Luckily, Glendale does not have the same rate of crime as many other neighborhoods do.
                  Still, I almost got killed a year ago by a reckless Armenian BMW driver (who ended up dead on the spot). I was 100% innocent and the accident was really not necessary.
                  With the reckless driving habbits many young Armenians exhibit in their BMW/Mercedes, it is just matter of time until something bad is going to happen again.
                  If you are the young Armenian BMW driver who actually observes our street laws, I take my hat off for you. It must be hard for you to prove you are not like most others. Keep it up!
                  You're still stereotyping! I can agree with most of what you mean to say; but don't narrow it down to BMW/Mercedes drivers. On a typical day, you would probably ignore a Nissan that speeds by. Heck, you just might not notice it and move on. The second it's a BMW gaining a little bit of speed, that's what matters to you.

I can understand how you feel about reckless drivers; I agree, but there's so much more than that. It's not the car that matters and it's not all Armenians who drive those cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkie View Post
                    By Arnie Leib

Why are youngsters under 20 years of age driving around in Mercedes-Benz, BMWs, Infinities, Porches, etc., and why are they endangering not only the citizens of Glendale but themselves as well with their reckless driving and law-breaking escapades?
                    Agree with Arnie. I live in the Midwest and every youngster under 20 years of age are driving around in a Ford pick up truck with baseball hats. I guess our Armenian youngsters have to get a tan on their neck.

Comment

Working...
                    X