Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Please Vote "NO" against the panel of Turkish Genocide Deniers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Vote "NO" against the panel of Turkish Genocide Deniers

Below is a copy of an email I received from Armenian Professional Society. Please vote "No" and encourage your friends to vote! Thank you!

Dear Friends,

MSNBC has started a new survey on the PBS panel on the Armenian
    Genocide.

Please click below and vote NO.
    The Assembly of Turkish American Associations (ATAA) has sent e-
    mails to thousands of Turks asking them vote for the panel. As of
    now, 55% of the voters have voted for the panel.

Please vote NO and forward this message to everyone on your e-mail
    list.

Please pass this on to your friends

Thanks

Re: Please Vote "NO" against the panel of Turkish Genocide Deniers

Bump!

Please vote No.

Comment

I'm not surprised the poll on MSNBC is 'Yes' favoring the panel discussion.

NBC or MSNBC, or some affiliate close to NBC, has a station in Turkey if I am not mistaken. I forget the name. Of course they will "adjust" the polls.

Actually, we got a lot of publicity because of this panel discussion issue. We would have never had this much attention in our normal yearly protests.

I hope there are a lot more of this in the upcoming years. The deniers make themselves look stupid.

Have any of you seen the actual discussion? I saw it. That fat ass McCarthy looks like a drunk fool and doesn't even make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if he had alcohol on his breath. And the other Turkish guy I forgot the name admitted 2 million Armenians were killed and tried to take back his comment. Morons.
      Last edited by imhye; 04-25-2006, 12:03 PM.

Comment

It appears that the Turks are prevailing on the poll. I think we should have the poll removed altogether by contacting msnbc. You can contact them by clicking on the link below. Charles Tillinghast is a publisher and a president of msnbc. So, I addressed my letter to him. Below is a copy of an email I sent him this morning. It's no masterpiece, but it's better than nothing; so feel free to use it.

Here is a link to contact MSNBC (by letter/email):

Here is their email address: [email protected]

Dear Mr. Tillinghast:

I am writing to you in regards to the poll posted on your website whether PBS should have commissioned a panel discussion on its documentary about Turkish-Armenian history. PBS chose to remove the panel of genocide deniers because Armenian genocide of 1915 is a historical fact recognized by over a dozen of European countries. There are volumes of documentary evidence, photographs and eyewitness testimony from the U.S. ambassadors of 1915 and the genocide survivors. Over a million of Armenians have been systematically killed through murder and starvation by the Ottoman government (present day Turkey) in 1915.

April 24 is the day when Armenians around the world commemorate the memory of genocide victims. On April 24th of 1915, the Turkish government began its heinous plan of systematic killing of its Christian Armenian population by executing over 200 of Armenians intellectuals. Subsequently, they began a planned extermination of the Armenian population from its historic homeland.

The fact that you have chosen the month of April to host your poll is hurtful and offensive, to say the least, to the memory of over a million of genocide victims. On behalf of the Armenian community and in honor of the genocide victims, I respectfully ask you to remove the poll.

Sincerely,
        Last edited by ABC; 04-25-2006, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by imhye
          I'm not surprised the poll on MSNBC is 'Yes' favoring the panel discussion.

NBC or MSNBC, or some affiliate close to NBC, has a station in Turkey if I am not mistaken. I forget the name. Of course they will "adjust" the polls.

Actually, we got a lot of publicity because of this panel discussion issue. We would have never had this much attention in our normal yearly protests.

I hope there are a lot more of this in the upcoming years. The deniers make themselves look stupid.

Have any of you seen the actual discussion? I saw it. That fat ass McCarthy looks like a drunk fool and doesn't even make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if he had alcohol on his breath. And the other Turkish guy I forgot the name admitted 2 million Armenians were killed and tried to take back his comment. Morons.

No, I haven't seen the panel. Good to hear that they sound like morons. Sooner or later, we will prevail.

Comment

I found a video someone posted online, it's low quality and cuts off in the middle, if I find a better video I will post another link. If anyone wants to see part of the panel discussion:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Also, I found the Turkey NBC I was mentioning. It's NTVMSNBC - www.ntvmsnbc.com - So I don't expect fairness from NBC when it comes to Armenian Genocide topics.
            Last edited by imhye; 04-25-2006, 02:37 PM.

Comment

But, wait. PBS already aired the documentary, sans the denial panel. What good will voting here do? It's not as though it is asking if IT should allow the panel.

Comment

Actually, a lot of PBS stations did air the documentary and/or panel discussion. Not the same in all areas. The poll just shows how people feel about this issue, even though it doesn't make a difference. PBS wasn't going to act based on a MSNBC poll anyway.

Comment

Bumb

Comment

Mmkay. Anonymouse, ban the troll please.

Comment

Working...
                    X