Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Old and New Yerevan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old and New Yerevan

Originally posted by tunot
    Perhaps you should try visiting Armenia before listening to Azeri propaganda. Armenians are living better today than they have in the last fifteen years. There is much hope for a better future, despite all the corruption, etc. Yes, there are Armenians who are starving to death, but there are more Turks starving to death in Turkey than there are Armenians starving to death in Armenia, for the simple reason that there are more Turks in Turkey than there are Armenians in Armenia. One could say the same about Azerbaijan.

As for resources, it's all a matter of time, if people like bell-the-cat would for once allow the PEOPLE to survive instead of the dilapidated buildings that are better off gone than preserved, for the sake of the future of the PEOPLE. As if old Soviet-style apartment buildings that he himself would never choose to live in are good enough for those sub-human Armenians of Yerevan who dare to improve their standard of LIVING by destroying buildings that are going to collapse and cost the LIVES of many, many PEOPLE anyway.
    I agree with you 100%. The old soviet housing needs to be (and is being) torn down and rebuilt - not only for asthetics, but for safety, efficiency and comfort. The building boom in Yerevan is incredable (I'm actually here now). Cranes dot the landscape by the dozens wherever you look and jackhammers deafen the streets. In other words, people are investing in Armenia (Yerevan anyway). I will also be one of those investors as I am puchasing an new apartment on the Cascade with stunning views of OUR mountain .
    As far as natural resourses go, don't sell the country short. Armenia is working on becoming energy self sufficient. They will be building a new Nuclear power plant to replace the Medzamor plant (which currently supplies Armenia with 40% of her energy right now). Also, in the works are plans to build wind and solar farms to take advantage of Armenia's mountanous winds and high percentage of sunny days. Artsakh and the liberated terratories also add to Armenia's resourses as there are rivers (damming), forrest (certain medicinal plants can be found only in Karabakh) and precious metals which are waiting to be exploited.
    In short, the outlook is good

Azerbaijan's oil wealth is a paper tiger. The oil will run out in 15 - 30 years (tops) and when that happens, Azerbaijan will wake up to it's natural state...a third world Moslem country where people piss and xxxx in the same place where they eat...In a way, you can say Armenia is blessed not to have oil. It forces us to promote ourselves through grassroots, institutionalized and thus sustainable means. In short it makes us viable in the long term as opposed to the short term gains Azerbaijan will make with their oil (I hope they choke on it).

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
      You haven't even got a quarter of the sense you were born with.

Mayor of Mush was walking down a street in his town, when, across the way he noticed a building with Armenian letters on it. Isn't it kind of obnoxious for that to be still up there at this time? he comments. A few days later it was gone, chipped off.
      I don't know what you were going for here, but, I like the word play with my name.

Secondly, WHAT?!! Can you please tell me why I'm an idiot step by step, I'm lost here. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarteria
        I don't know what you were going for here, but, I like the word play with my name.

Secondly, WHAT?!! Can you please tell me why I'm an idiot step by step, I'm lost here. Thank you.
        Don't bother Quateria. Bell-the cat is just your run-of-the-mill, mealy-mouthed site pest that has nothing better to do than to insult people on his this site. His agenda is clear...he wants to detract from the issues at hand in order to promote a Turkish/anti-Armenian agenda. Fortunately for us, his dilettante rants discredit both himself and his agenda. I suggest you totally ignore him. Most of us do here.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
          EMRE, if you're so concerned about Armenia's economy, perhaps you should get your country to open the border.

I had no idea Azeris were so well off...

its not connected with me...Im not concerned too.I pointed out it,because azeri people humuliate armenians due to the their standart of living.I dont know you saw the baku*s new landscape,but azerbaijan"s economy is stable and augmenting its budget step by step..the border will not be opened in the near future,this depends on armenian political stance.only I can attribute this border re-activating problem to armenia.

turkey doesnt need to re-activate armenian border.because we already have stable and robust economy.in 2015 turkey will be the tenth great economy in the world.we dont have economy problem in the future.turkey"s industrial infrustructure is steadly rising and economic prosperity is spreading to all the regions of turkey,becuase we have huge population.turkey"s future is brilliant.turkey is the most developed,modern and powerful country in the region.the world knows it,because of this AMERICA always shows turkey as the most enviable country with the economy and military power.

if you want to know azerbaijan well,may be you can find some BP workers in america(If you live there of course)you can ask some questions about azerbaijan.

Comment

Perhaps you should try visiting Armenia before listening to Azeri propaganda. Armenians are living better today than they have in the last fifteen years. There is much hope for a better future, despite all the corruption, etc. Yes, there are Armenians who are starving to death, but there are more Turks starving to death in Turkey than there are Armenians starving to death in Armenia, for the simple reason that there are more Turks in Turkey than there are Armenians in Armenia. One could say the same about Azerbaijan.

As for resources, it's all a matter of time, if people like bell-the-cat would for once allow the PEOPLE to survive instead of the dilapidated buildings that are better off gone than preserved, for the sake of the future of the PEOPLE. As if old Soviet-style apartment buildings that he himself would never choose to live in are good enough for those sub-human Armenians of Yerevan who dare to improve their standard of LIVING by destroying buildings that are going to collapse and cost the LIVES of many, many PEOPLE anyway.

your words totally nonsense,,how can you associate population with economic prosperity.dont you see that america with huge population is the most developed and affluent country in the world.yes azeri people always poke fun at armenians because of armenian economic prosperity and corruption in armenia.you must read these stastical information about turkey

we already have stable and robust economy.in 2015 turkey will be the tenth great economy in the world.we dont have economy problem in the future.turkey"s industrial infrustructure is steadly rising and economic prosperity is spreading to all the regions of turkey,becuase we have huge population.turkey"s future is brilliant.turkey is the most developed,modern and powerful country in the region.the world knows it,because of this AMERICA always shows turkey as the most enviable country with the economy and military power.

I think you are a square peg in a round pole in this discussion.dont attemp to impossible so-called erudite person.

Comment

Originally posted by EMRE
              your words totally nonsense,,how can you associate population with economic prosperity.dont you see that america with huge population is the most developed and affluent country in the world.
              Yes, and it also has 50 times the population of Armenia living in abject poverty, on streets or in shelters. Affluent, yes, for the lucky few. The rest have to go without food for days in order to pay their bills.

yes azeri people always poke fun at armenians because of armenian economic prosperity and corruption in armenia.
              Azeris had better look at themselves before poking fun at others. Why is it then that Azerbaijan continuously brings the "problem" of refugees from Artsakh to the front in order to show how horrible the Armenians are? If Azerbaijan is so much more affluent than Armenia, why is it unable to solve the problem of refugees with a snap of the fingers?

To this day, any foreign observer that has visited the Caucasus, has put Armenia on the first place for the best organized and the least corrupt of the three (i.e. Georgia and Azerbaijan). Go figure. Perhaps you should begin to count how many filthy rich and politically experienced diasporan Armenians are investing in Armenia, before counting your chickens in Turkey and Azerbaijan.

we already have stable and robust economy.
              There are still way too many people in Turkey living way below the poverty line. Stop bragging about things that we see with our own eyes. We saw how chicken famers in Turkey live. We know how Armenians lived in the Eastern provinces last century. Nothing seems to have changed, despite the fact that you got rid of what your country considered the biggest pest to Turkey's development. Don't compare European beach resorts in Turkey with the rest of the country; just like you shouldn't compare the Marriot Hotel in Yerevan with how the rest of the population is living.

Comment

Yes, and it also has 50 times the population of Armenia living in abject poverty, on streets or in shelters. Affluent, yes, for the lucky few. The rest have to go without food for days in order to pay their bills.

yes,you confirmed my opinions about armenia certainly,affluent yes for the luck few,you said...but dont you know in turkey there are a lot of turk bussinesman and money bosses whose fortune much more than armenian total budget for example 40 or 50 billion dollars.armenian budget may be 1 or 2billion dollar

you eat your humble pie!!!!......

Azeris had better look at themselves before poking fun at others. Why is it then that Azerbaijan continuously brings the "problem" of refugees from Artsakh to the front in order to show how horrible the Armenians are? If Azerbaijan is so much more affluent than Armenia, why is it unable to solve the problem of refugees with a snap of the fingers?

how horrible the armenians are?is it connected with financial situation????I dont support azeris now.but,as far as I know,they want to resolve this problem with soil problem after armenian retreatment....

Perhaps you should begin to count how many filthy rich and politically experienced diasporan Armenians are investing in Armenia, before counting your chickens in Turkey and Azerbaijan.

you must be blind or retarded person didnt I mention turkish money tycoons..their budget is huge compared with armenian total budget.I dont need to count this....If you observe turkey"s export and imports,you can understand better.

There are still way too many people in Turkey living way below the poverty line. Stop bragging about things that we see with our own eyes. We saw how chicken famers in Turkey live. We know how Armenians lived in the Eastern provinces last century. Nothing seems to have changed, despite the fact that you got rid of what your country considered the biggest pest to Turkey's development. Don't compare European beach resorts in Turkey with the rest of the country; just like you shouldn't compare the Marriot Hotel in Yerevan with how the rest of the population is living.

what do you see?I dont know,of course evrybody is not well-to-do.but thier condition is very good compared with russia.former eastern block countries(including armenia and azerbaijan) and middle east.turizm is very lucrative for turkey,it attracts millions of tourists every year.this is very good benefit for turkey.already,you see with 7 star hotels everywhere in almost all regions of turkey.because every place is turism potential.

you must be mad...you want to compare turkey with armenia.this is nonstarter thought.only I wanted to compare azerbaijan and armenia.but I observe that azerbaijan is much more developed and foreign companies invest in azerbaijan rather than armenia,If we compare.

just like you shouldn't compare the Marriot Hotel in Yerevan with how the rest of the population is living.

this is irrelevant to my opinions,this example is only relevant for armenia....
                Last edited by EMRE; 05-04-2006, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492
                  I will also be one of those investors as I am puchasing an new apartment on the Cascade with stunning views of OUR mountain.
                  Let's hope the local mafiosi get their claws into him.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

To this day, any foreign observer that has visited the Caucasus, has put Armenia on the first place for the best organized and the least corrupt of the three (i.e. Georgia and Azerbaijan). Go figure. Perhaps you should begin to count how many filthy rich and politically experienced diasporan Armenians are investing in Armenia, before counting your chickens in Turkey and Azerbaijan.

My friend, we have to give up this time about Turkish economy. Turkey is one of the biggest economy in the world with 480 billion USD GDP. Yeah they become rich by stealing our lands, murdering our nation but reality is the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by oyuncu
                      My friend, we have to give up this time about Turkish economy. Turkey is one of the biggest economy in the world with 480 billion USD GDP. Yeah they become rich by stealing our lands, murdering our nation but reality is the reality.
                      My turkadar is going off.

Comment

Working...
                      X