Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

More Armavia planes burn down !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Armavia planes burn down !

TWO ARMENIAN PLANES A-320 BURNT TO THE GROUND

[04:52 pm] 05 May, 2006

A fire destroyed a hanger at Zaventem Airport on Thursday night, leading to massive flight delays at the Brussels international airport on Friday.

The fire broke out at about midnight on Thursday in hangar 40, a shedowned by Sabena Technics where airplanes undergo maintenance works. Phase three of the regional disaster plan was put into action and airport fire fighters were given assistance by the Zaventem, Brussels, Vilvoorde and Leuven fire brigades. The A201 access road to the airport was temporarily sealed off.

Four people were injured. A worker with Sabena Technics suffered serious burns injuries and was rushed to the military hospital of Neder-over-Heembeek. Three firefighters suffered minor injuries and were treated at the scene. The fire brigade eventually brought the blaze under control, but could not prevent the roof of the hanger caving in. Firefighters are now letting the debris burn itself out under control.

Four planes that were in the hanger have been damaged. Two of them, an aircraft from the Armenian airline Armavia and a C-130 transport plane, were destroyed.

Despite the fact the hangar is situated a good distance away from the passenger terminal and runways, delays were being reported to flights on Friday nonetheless.

All flights were initially cancelled due to initial fears that the smoke from the fire contained toxic chemicals. But it was confirmed shortly before 8am that the smoke was not dangerous and flights resumed. Media reports at about 10am on Friday said planes were now departing as per schedule.

By the way, the company «International Armenian Airlines» informed that according to their information, their plane A-320 has burnt completely too, although the Belgian side does not inform about it.

As for «Armavia», the plane of which according to information from Belgium has totally burnt, does not have information about the situation in Belgium. Head of the press service of the company Jasmen Vilyan claimed that the schedule has remained the same.

http://www.a1plus.am/en/?page=issue&iid=38598
    The Crash and now this ? .... Am I the only one who's thinking about sabotage here ? If ear that if it's the case war is going to be inevitable. Feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Re: More Armavia planes burn down !

War? What are you talking about war? Who are you going to declare war on

Personally, I'm interested to see if the maintenance logs and records of Armavia A320 EK32009 (the one that crashed) survived this fire or whether they are now lost forever.

Comment

3 planes burning down within a wee k and you dont see a corollation ?

Comment

Well obviously it is incredibly out of the ordinary, but I do not have enough proof to completely believe anything. All we have are rumours! I have heard a rumour that maintenance crews were cleaning the planes and the fire started INSIDE one of the aircraft. There was also a fire at Sabena Technics a few years ago. But Sabena is also reported to be highly respected in the industry.

Some pictures:

Click to make them larger. It's so said seeing such pictures of Armavia aircraft recently.

And another rumour:

Do you have any confirmation that it is indeed 3 planes in 1 week. Everything I have says it's 2. 1 A320 crashed into the black sea and a second was destroyed in the fire at this hangar. The reports of a third A320 belonging to Armenian International are not confirmed yet.

But again, I ask, what "war"?

Comment

im just looking at the worse case scenario here if its an azeri sabotage war would be inevitable..

Comment

ACTUALLY, it is natural for the media to concentrate on a lesser similiar stories after a big story like this. This is typically what happens when there is a plane crash or a school shooting.

I'm not yet convinced that it's sabotage.

Comment

I'm convinced it is, and I blame Londoner. HE masterminded the whole thing. HE gave the command. THIS is the first steps to Kurdish takeover of the middle east. THIS is only THE beginning.

Comment

Working...
              X