Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Any other armenians in Kentucky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any other armenians in Kentucky?

Wow hahaha...that is close call

Comment

nah ive been stabbed by a old lady. That was my closest call. She stabbed me in the chest when i was wearing my ballistic plates so it didn't hurt me.

But i decked her and arrested her.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmenianKid
        Damn dude, i don't think i will be able to trust them anymore.

Alright i'll tell some stories.
        We were in sadr city, a slum of baghdad. i was sleeping on top of my tank. about 10 or 12 of these guys wearing what looked like black pajamas started shooting at us from a mosque. They were shooting at a tank...with AK-47s...

I swung my loaders hatch mounted M-240C machine gun and blasted away. It was like a turkey shoot. A few of the guys were wounded but i was letting them get away.

but instead of running away they turned around AND RAN TOWARD ME. one of the guys pulled out a hand grenade, pulled the pin and tryed to climb on my tank. he was to close for me to use my mounted machine gun so i reached into a sponson box ( a storage box on a tank) and found a track jack (a large metal tool used for putting track back together) and smacked the guy upside the head with it and dove back into the tank before the grenade went off killing him for good.

The rest of my tank crew were using a date palm tree for a latrine and couldn't be bothered by all this.

How long have you been in Iraq? Were you forced to go there?
        This was interesting and scary, you can write a book or sth. like that.

as you might know there was an eight year devastating war between Iraq and Iran in which so many Iranian-Armenians participated one of whom mom’s cousin, he has told me numerous devastating and scary stories and has made a diary but does not give me to read! (he says you are a girl! ) one of the stories he told me was this: everyday they were giving to Iranian hostages only and only watermelon by force(they had to eat that with a gun pointed at their head), you can imagine what was going to happen, all of the hostages were dying from diarrhea!

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen
          I don't tell jokes
          Could you tell us why they killed your cousin?

Comment

Originally posted by ARK
            Could you tell us why they killed your cousin?
            I wish i knew...not only my cousin, but many like my cousin...went to army and 6 months or 1 year later they bring their body home

Whoever had money, gave money so thier child could go better place to spend the 2 years rather then in Karabakh...and whoever didn't have money, most ended up with dead child

Comment

Originally posted by ArmenianKid
              nah ive been stabbed by a old lady. That was my closest call. She stabbed me in the chest when i was wearing my ballistic plates so it didn't hurt me.

But i decked her and arrested her.
              Damn...but arent you suppse to be in the tank at all times?

My dad's friend fought in Karabakh and in 1992-1993 i think...he never talks about it, does not even wants to be reminded

And here i have a friend who served 10 years in the army, fought in Iraq in the 1st gulf war...today he so hates the military, this war, all this bullxxxx...no matter how tired he gets now, he cannot sleep more then 4-5 hours at nights...always awake...because of some kind of drug they gave to them during the fighting so they won't sleep

Comment

well when we were retaking falluja(sp?) they didn't need a lot of tanks so my tank company got dismounted and attached to some scouts.

I hate war. all war. I hate my job. But the way the people of Iraq were living was terrible. This war had a noble cause behind it. But its just not working like we thought it would.

I sleep easy because i know, the people i killed were trying to kill me. I would rather have the crappy job and low pay, then be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen
                  I wish i knew...not only my cousin, but many like my cousin...went to army and 6 months or 1 year later they bring their body home

Whoever had money, gave money so thier child could go better place to spend the 2 years rather then in Karabakh...and whoever didn't have money, most ended up with dead child
                  This was soooo sad. I hadn' heard of such stories.

Comment

Working...
                  X