Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Happy Birthday Hayastan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Hayastan!

Ur el linem kez chem moranum, tsnundt shnorhavor ankakh Hayastan.

Last edited by Armenian; 09-20-2006, 09:56 PM.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Re: Happy Birthday Hayastan!

Bring Ter-Petrossian back.

Comment

Apres. Yes el chem morana u misht kmnam karotov li minchev mianam het@.

Happy birthday to Hayastan and her citizenfolk who through sheer determination, blood, sweat and tears managed to make the best of those dark times (literally) in the few years after independence. One thing for sure, Armenians showed in those times that survival and the drive to excel in all things during any circumstance is firmly a part of their national character. Much also needs to be said about our Diaspora that came together to help nurse young Armenia out of the worst times.
      Last edited by karoaper; 09-21-2006, 08:38 AM.

Comment

And F*** Levon Ter Petrosyan...

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
          Apres. Yes el chem morana u misht kmnam karotov li minchev mianam het@.

Happy birthday to Hayastan and her citizenfolk who through sheer determination, blood, sweat and tears managed to make the best of those dark times (literally) in the few years after independence. One thing for sure, Armenians showed in those times that survival and the drive to excel in all things during any circumstance is firmly a part of their national character. Much also needs to be said about our Diaspora that came together to help nurse young Armenia out of the worst times.
          Well said.

We have come a long way...today on Armenian TV they were showing documentary...from the begging of 1900th to 1993...good stuff.

I remember in 1991-1993...dark years...literally...no water, no electricity..war was going on, cold winter, people barely surviving and in 1993 they cought my father on the street and took him to the front lines...although it might look that its good today, but the reality is, its not...

I talked to some of my friends there today, they dropped the price of dollar, if before they could survive on $200, now even $400 is not enough...and few of my friends just came from there....they say its horrible

When Vazgen was alive, and was slowly coming to the power, we were slowly seeing changes being made...and next thing you know...his dead

As much as i want to think postive and say its going for good...but truth is, its not...it may look good from general perspective...but thats where it ends.

Comment

Yeah. I still remember when they stormed the parliament and killed Demirchyan back in 1999 I think it was. I was in middle school and was at my aunt's house and saw it on Good Morning America. Scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen
              Well said.

We have come a long way...today on Armenian TV they were showing documentary...from the begging of 1900th to 1993...good stuff.

I remember in 1991-1993...dark years...literally...no water, no electricity..war was going on, cold winter, people barely surviving and in 1993 they cought my father on the street and took him to the front lines...although it might look that its good today, but the reality is, its not...

I talked to some of my friends there today, they dropped the price of dollar, if before they could survive on $200, now even $400 is not enough...and few of my friends just came from there....they say its horrible

When Vazgen was alive, and was slowly coming to the power, we were slowly seeing changes being made...and next thing you know...his dead

As much as i want to think postive and say its going for good...but truth is, its not...it may look good from general perspective...but thats where it ends.

Don’t be so pessimistic! We have been challenged more than any other nation in the world especially in recent years. (Earthquake, war, independence) however we have overcome a lot of difficulties, we got back our Artsakh from the hands of Ter-Petrossian and azeris and turks.
              The constant rise of Dram’s value could be a good sign of the economical progress, though Armenians of Diaspora might complain. My relatives visit there frequently (starting from 1990’s till now), they are just stunned by the progress the country has made recently. We don’t expect to be a new “Switzerland” in the region, cos we are just 15 and have a long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen
                In reality, our Republic is 'much' better than it was fifteen years ago, ten years ago, five years ago, a year ago, however, we still do have a very loooooong way to go before we meet western standards.

They dropped the dollar value because of the turist season and because the US dollar in reality is getting weaker and weaker.

I suggest you stop listening to people who don't understand politics. Nothing today would have been different had Vazgen been alive, as a matter of fact, it could have been worst. Vazgen was a very bad politician and he was hated by many within the nation. The BS about him stopping corruption was an absurd fairytale, he was one of the most corrupt individuals in the nation. He screwed up a lot in Artsakh as well. I know a few azatamartiks who would have killed him with their bare hands had they been given the chance. Vazgen meant well, he did some good, but he was a hetamnats geghatsi. He essentially appealed to the low 'uneducated' class within the Armenian Republic.

Besides, if the rumors that 'he was warming up to the US State Department and thus Russia wanted to get rid of him' was true, then it was good that he is out of the picture today.

Garen Demirjian was another one of the Soviet era's worthless fat-cats. It was during his watch that the Azeri population grew and prospered in Armenia as Armenian regions such as Zangezur suffered. It was during his watch that the Corrupt/uneducated/Rabiz sub-culture within Armenia became very prominent. And it was him that tried very hard to stop Armenians from fighting for Artsakh.

These are two individuals that won't be missed much within Armenian politics.

When observed within a proper 'balanced' perspective, Armenia today is on the right track.

Armenia has secured its borders by having a strong armed forces and close geostrategic relations with Russia and Iran. Armenia is also getting closer to the EU and China. The Armenian economy is slowly but gradually growing year-by-year. There is a new generation in Armenia now that is realizing that they need to work to make a living instead of expecting hand-outs from the government and/or the Diaspora. Yerevan is fast growing and prospering, perhaps too fast. And most importantly, Armenia is politically and socially stable - unlike all other nation in the region.

What Armenia has been able to accomplished under such dire conditions, within such a bad region, is nothing short of a miracle.

The reality is that Armenia today is better-off many most other former Soviet nations who don't even have a fraction of Armenia's problems. And as harsh as it sounds, the aforementioned 'general' perspective of our nation is what counts in the real world, not the opinions of the unemployed uneducated poor.

Unfortunately, Armenia's destiny is not totally in her hands. Due to Armenia's geographic position, her prosperity is dependent upon the region's superpower politcs.

Նժդեհ

Comment

I thought it was common knowledge that Vazgen got rid of corruption and mafia and made his family and friends the new mafia and at the helm of the corruption. It was quite simply one family getting rid of other families. Yes he helped some poor folk, same as a gangster helps the poor folk in his neighborhood, but he's still a gangster and racketeer and a murderer. In this life the only ones who get assassinated are either the real xxxxxxxs who make enemies with other xxxxxxxs or the Jesuses and Gandis of the world. He was no Jesus that's for sure.

Comment

To many many people he was 'jesus' and when 3 thugs just walk into the parlament and kill 2 key player...what are the people gonna think?

Armenian, as i said, in general perspective its good...
                    one question, have ever livied there?

and please don't make Robert look like his the man...i am still amazed his alive..

Comment

Working...
                    X