Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia National Geographic smoking statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia National Geographic smoking statistics

I thank you.

NOW, not to be a downer, but, my friend's dad ALWAYS smoked. (He wasn't Armo at all, btw, but, I include this because it STILL freaks me out.) Now, just by the past tense of all this, you know it's not going to be good. Anyway, he would ALWAYS have a cup of coffee and a cigarette in his hands.

In December, he was complaining about headaches and such. He went to the doctors who told him it was a virus, he has a cold (because he was a teacher), take this prescription, he'll be fine.

FFwd to March. Late Feb/Early March, he gets rushed to the hospital; turns out, he has lung cancer...that spread to his brain and everywhere else vital in his body. When he was first diagnosed, he was told he has 6 months to live. Two weeks later (the doctors kept telling him that he had less & less time to live) he was gone. He was...not older than 64, I think. VERY young man.

I say this because this REALLY freaked me out, not only was he young...ish, but, my friend and her mom had to deal with this out of nowhere. To have your dad one day and then less than a month later, gone, although, they chose to keep him company as he was suffering in the hospital, so, they had to watch the man deteriorate.

My friend is a year younger...356 days, actually, than me. She is pretty tough and VERY cool and doesn't typically share herself; she's just not an outgoing person BUT, she was VERY uncomfortable with this situation and THAT is what freaked me out. She couldn't just laugh it off. She couldn't put it behind her and I kinda look up to her as far as decorum and such. Her being upset about it REALLY upset me. It was just...too real.

This is the first time I really had to deal with it. I KNEW smoking was bad and it killed, I just never thought it would kill HIM. ...I hate mortality.

I smoke on occasion (maybe, once every six months I will buy a pack...never finish it...) but, seriously, if you can't do it in moderation, you seriously should quit. I know I can't tell you what to do and IF you can't do it for yourself, remember the people you WILL leave behind.

I hate getting all whiney late at night.

I will pray for you that you are successful in quitting this time. Good luck & God bless.

Comment

It's sad but so true, smoking effect ppl differently. The other day I heard this guy died of Emphysema at the age of 25. So yea, definitely quitting my b'day is the deadline

every day I am going to post here and say How I am going and bore you guys haahha

Comment

Originally posted by Crissy
        It's sad but so true, smoking effect ppl differently. The other day I heard this guy died of Emphysema at the age of 25.
        BLAH!!!!! *jibblies*

Originally posted by Crissy
        So yea, definitely quitting my b'day is the deadline

every day I am going to post here and say How I am going and bore you guys haahha
        Or xxxxx at us. "xxxx YOU ALL I NEED NICOTINE!"....but, I hope it doesn't come down to that.

Comment

LOOL trust me i'll refrain from using words such as (lost of stars) hahaha

Comment

I used to smoke too, a few a day (not a few packs but just a few cigarettes) but I finally quit ten years ago.
            I know many who smoke and don’t care to quit. I have three cousins (well had three cousins) in Armenia until one of them succumbed to lung cancer a few months ago and died. As sad as this was, it isn’t as sad as the fact that my other two cousins don’t quit!!!
            They say if you have to go you go, I tell them we all have to go but they are rushing it, not to mention how much harm they are causing others around them with their second hand smoke.
            The bottom line is that it takes a WILL POWER to quit. Talk is cheap but the action is difficult and many who say they will quit don’t. In their minds they come up with all sorts of excuses to continue. So to all of you who claim that you will quit, I truly hope success.

Comment

Alby agree with what you say, it does take great will power to quit. I am positive I can do is as I don't smoke that much anyways and have gone without smoking for years at a time.

that's it I am having my own quit smoking thread, it's going to be my diary hahaha.

Comment

And then you have those people who smoke all their lives and live to be nearly 100. And they die of something totally unrelated like a car accident.

Comment

Ok I had posted this before but my internet access is so poor that I dont believe it posted on here. So here I go again. Smokeing is stupid. My mother was a cancer patient and a smoker. She went through the whole chemo and radiation treatment and therepy. It really scared me, she was soooo fragile. Its one thing to hear about someone who you dont know that has or has had cancer but when cancer looks at you in the face through the eyes of a loved one, in this case my mother, its like a slap in the face of reality. Smokeing is stupid and sick. I am ready to quit.

Comment

My parents smoke since they're 16...my dad, learned from his dad, who died of consequences of alcoholism and he used to smoke like a chimney...so does my dad (he doesnt drink though). My mom quit 2 years ago, and as she says, she got her life back and now she's able to exercise without stoping to catch her breath all the time. My brother and I CAN"T STAND smoking. Whenever they smoked in the house, we would just walk up to them, take the cigarette and throw it away. They never said a word, because they know it's disrespectful to smoke near (in this case inside the same house) someone who doest like it.

I wish my dad would stop...I have sent him all kinds of nicotin gums, patchs and wherever else is out there, but it never works...I think that first of all he needs to stop drinking coffee, because he only smokes after drinking his expresso...and so does everyone else in my Armenian side of the family...maybe it's in the blood...

Comment

Working...
                    X