Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

When is it genocide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is it genocide?

Condi Rice decried the genocide in Sudan this week and yet she fired John Evans as U.S. Ambassador to Armenia for using the G-word in a speech to Armenian-Americans earlier this year. So when is a genocide a genocide? And further, Why should a highly regarded diplomate lose his job over the use of this word in talking about events that happened 90 years ago. I am still steamed about that.

Re: When is it genocide?

well u kno she needs to call it genocide so they'de have public opinion on their side to overthrow the government of Sudan. the reason they wanna do that is because Sudan has the largest untapped oil reserves in the entire world, and this current regime has signed a contract with China to exclusively be able to dig for oil in that country and export to China, and obviously this is bad for the US so its in its best interest for the regime to be overthrown

see what im sayin, its all about diplomacy and politics

Comment

I see your point, it's about the money. Still, it does not begin to explain why the Armenian genocide is still being covered up, I mean, how is it that Turkey still has such a powerful grip on the view of the U.S. State department. This has been a metter of policy for 90 Years! Condi won't even offer an explanation of why John Evans was recalled.

Comment

Originally posted by Brer Rabbit
        I see your point, it's about the money. Still, it does not begin to explain why the Armenian genocide is still being covered up, I mean, how is it that Turkey still has such a powerful grip on the view of the U.S. State department. This has been a metter of policy for 90 Years! Condi won't even offer an explanation of why John Evans was recalled.
        beats me. but if i had to guess ide say its all politics again. Armenia provides no strategic or any kind of interest for anyone, while Turkey is almost a hinge country in the region that the US needs. but either way it does piss me off, because politics can go so far, but at a certain point u have to have some humanitiy, when something like the Armenian genocide occurs, and it doesnt even get a recognition let alone reperations, thats just a crime on humanitiy as a whole

Comment

From what I know it's only genocide if the guilty party killed based on intent to eliminate a race, instead of the way that the killing was carried out. This is what the Turks are aguing and we still havn't proven that they had a motive for destroying us. So America's buying what the Turks are saying, and also as sean said, America has good relations with Turkey

Comment

isn't it all about the money? as they say $$$ talks.

Comment

The U.S. has many relationships/agreements with others countries which are out of the public radar. Undoubtably, Turkey has an agreement with the U.S. which stipulates that any Armenian genocide recognition will be rejected. Apperantly the United States has placed a lot of value In their relationship with Turkey. Keep in mind that Turkey disappointed the U.S. during the war with Iraq and their relationship still hasn't changed. It would take a conlflict other than the Armenian Genocide that would cause the U.S. to strain its ties with Turkey.

Turkey is adamant that they don't want Iraq to be partitioned into three separate countries. That would create the State of Kurdistan which would be a direct threat to Turkey. Tensions between Turkey and the Kurdish state will create an immediate crisis that the U.S. will have to make a decision on. The U.S. has a vested intrest to have the Iraq crisis resolved as soon as possible. If the U.S. doesn't strike a deal with the Kurds, all hope may be lost in Iraq. This senario could change the state departments stance on Turkey and would springboard genocide discussions.

On a different note reagrding Armenian genocide and money. It is well documented during the Sibel Edmonds wiretaps that Turkish officials bragged about being able to bribe Dennis Hastert $500,000 to shelf the Armenian Genicde resolution.
              Last edited by simonig; 10-09-2006, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X