Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

If there is a another war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there is a another war...

If there is another war between Armenia and Azerbaijan, who here would be willing to join Armenia's war effort?

Talk is cheep, what are we 'internet avengers' willing to do to help our nation when our homeland is in time of need?

During the worst months of the Artsakh war in 1992, the ARF began to call for Armenian volunteers within the Diaspora. Seeing that the situation over there was truly dire, I seriously began thinking about going. However, after seeing the chaos taking place over there I did not muster enough courage to take the actual step. Although I have contributed a large portion of my life and quite a bit of money to Armenian causes, every time I step foot in Artsakh and breath its air and drink its water, I feel ashamed for not being there when they needed individuals like me the most. Every time I meet a person who fought for the land, I feel insignificant.

Today, I am at a point in my life to know that I will go and defend my homeland if my homeland is endangered, there is no other option for me anymore. Moreover, I do plan no moving to Armenia in the future and I would gladly join their military reserves if they allow me. Regardless of how much political lobbying and money spending you can do here, when the so-called kaka-hits-the-fan, Armenians need to be ready to pack up and go to the homeland for its defense.

I hope it never comes to that desperate situation and I do understand that not all people are fit for fighting mentally and/or physically. Therefore, we will need our political and social activists worldwide, especialy within key nations such as America and Russia. We will need our benefactors. We will need our intellectuals. In short, we all need to do what we can do to protect our sacred homeland. I don't have to tell you guys that we are a talented bunch, we need to start using our talents to help preserve and protect our homeland.

I pray to God that it does not come to war again. We Armenians have seen too much war and destruction, I want my people to live in peace and stability. I would like to see Armenia rebuild her ruins of a thousand years. I want to see Armenia regain her former glory. And I don't ever want to see Armenian mothers crying over their children's graves. However, knowing the kind of neighborhood Armenia is in today, I have no doubt Armenians will have to fight for national survival for quite some time.

At this point in our national evolution, all self-respecting Armenians need to think about eventual repatriation. Besides all the other good reasons why we need to go back, realize that once settled within Armenia, no one would have an 'excuse' not to fight. But those of us who stay back must realize that they need to be relentless in their commitment to Armenian causes within the diaspora, and they need to be with their compatriots within the homeland - spiritually - at all times.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Re: If there is a another war...

Նույն հարձում, տարբեր թեմա:

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
      yerevi che. Armeniani gratz e mtatzvatzer. es link e vor greles aveli tetev e, vontzvor kap cheka vor mer azgi masin ek xosum.

(btw:can someone tell me where to get the software to type w/Armenian letters?)

Anyways, I would add on to the original post and ask, at what point do you regret not making the sacrifice to defend your people? How many Armenians would have to be killed in cold blood? If it is just random massacres of Armenian civilians do we stomache it? When do we as a people decide we will not allow another Genocide? Does anyone believe that Russia or the enlightened West are going to stop another Genocide when most of them haven't done anything of real value about the first one.

Comment

Id like to defend Armenia in that situation but seeing that even in Armenia's most desperate situations the disgusting evil Armenians still don't give up. I don't think I can support a corrupt regime. Look at Monte, he was actually assassinated because he was getting too popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
          Id like to defend Armenia in that situation but seeing that even in Armenia's most desperate situations the disgusting evil Armenians still don't give up. I don't think I can support a corrupt regime. Look at Monte, he was actually assassinated because he was getting too popular.
          I guess it is a matter of perspective on what any war is ultimately for.

I do agree with you that if a few guys at top have mansions and the lower half can barely eat then some heads have to roll sooner or later.

Comment

I would hope that another war would never happen in the region. But if it comes down to it i would help repel a Azeri invasion. I would hope my experiance would help.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmenianKid
              I would hope that another war would never happen in the region. But if it comes down to it i would help repel a Azeri invasion. I would hope my experiance would help.
              If that's a honest statement, I would like to thank you in advance.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gmd
                I do agree with you that if a few guys at top have mansions and the lower half can barely eat then some heads have to roll sooner or later.
                Bringing up sociological issues is merely an excuse not to get involved. Regarding Monte's death (BTW, no one really knows how he really died. Although many Artsakh war veterens I have spoken to say he really was a combat casualty), most famous generals throughout the world have suffered the same faith. To name a few - Romel, Zhukov, Patton, Mcarthur. Thus, its only natural.

Նժդեհ

Comment

It’s a tough question

And its even tougher question when you lived there and experienced what its like to live there and having family members, friends in the army…

But no matter what, in times of needs, I would defiantly be willing to go back and serve my country

Do you want to guess what I would be doing when lets say we had a war and i went back and we won it and i was still alive?

Making sure c0ckroaches don’t see another day

Comment

I have still family living there in Armenia. yeah I would go and fight to repel the Azeris, I need to defend my family and my homeland.

Comment

Working...
                    X