Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Visiting Glendale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Glendale

My wife and I are visiting LA next week and we will be spending a lot of time in Glendale (she has family there).
    I've never been there before...any suggestions on the sights to see in that area from those of you that are from there?

Re: Visiting Glendale

Comment

Thanks...nice overview.

Comment

I grew up in SF and moved to Glendale years ago. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think to myself that it's amazing how many Armenians live in this town.

On Brand and Broadway there is an outdoor Armenian restaurant called Raffi's Place. The food is ok. A block down is a great Armenian bookstore called Abril. You could find a very large variety of Armenian literature.

At night, you have to hit up Carousel, Phoenicia or Minx. A good local bar is Sidebar.

Have fun

Comment

There is not much in the city of Glendale itself although to someone who hasn't been there before, just walking down the streets and seeing all the Armos might be a shock

You probably want to check out Old Town Passadena which is a short drive away. Also Burbank tends to be fairly lively at nights. I assume the family you visit will know the locations but if you need more details, just ask.

Another place that is fairly close (by LA standards) is Universal City Walk (leads into Universal Studios). Even if you don't want to pay and go inside universal studios, City Walk is somewhat entertaining for an afternoon/evening. For Universal Studios, I would allow a full day but you can go through everything in the park in about 8 hours (assuming you are not stuck in long lines).

But the best of what LA has to offer in my opinion is along the coast. Also, checking out the Kodak Theater (where they hold the Oscars now), and the hollywood walk of fame is a definite stopping point for any tourist in LA I would plan to spend maybe a couple of hours there at most. Kodak Theater is nice but the surrounding areas suck so you don't want to be doing too much walking around there.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

You guys can also take a hike up the Glendale mountains or Hollywood mountains on clear day it beautiful. Or you can rent a horse and go on a ride by the Hollywood sign up the mountains.

Soon its going to be my 7th year here in Glendale. The longest me and my family have stayed in one place. You know we Armenians like to move around. I don't know about others, but i love it here.

Comment

Oh, joy. There is so much to do.

Spend your time at the galleria, take a trip to the Marketplace, and enjoy Brand. Yeah, it's lame to do that if you live in Glendale, but you must do that if you've never been here. Drive down Glenoaks, see what the hype is all about. One street says it all - Kenneth. That's classic Glendale for you. Get on top of the hills and enjoy the beautiful view. Come see me.

Comment

You are comming to Glendale hoo ray maybe we can meet up & have coffee. How cool is this you are comming to LA. Woohoo!
                If your a Left Handed person like me, you are truly unique.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeftyHye
                  You are comming to Glendale hoo ray maybe we can meet up & have coffee. How cool is this you are comming to LA. Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492
                    LOL, you always post the funniest pictures, this ones a classic.
                    If your a Left Handed person like me, you are truly unique.

Comment

Working...
                    X