Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Georgian Government Desecrates Armenian Graves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgian Government Desecrates Armenian Graves

I just saw this on Groong.com's website. Needless-to-say, I am disgusted and angry.
    For all the BS the Georgians put Armenians through, I still would not have believed this...but pictures don't lie.
    If it was not already confirmed in my heart, I now understand fully that Georgia (as it stands today) is an enemy of Armenia...no better than the Azeris or Turks.

Here's the article and the link with the photos (warning - they are graphic and disturbing):

------

Desecration of Armenian Cemetery in Avlabar District in Tbilisi

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:04:47 -0700 (PDT)
    By Raffy Dikranian
    MONTREAL, CANADA

I recently visited Tbilisi, Georgia on 6 and 7 September 2007 and was horrified by what I discovered behind the recently built Georgian Orthodox Holy Trinity Cathedral and in front of the Armenian Pantheon in the Avlabar district of Tbilisi. A large ditch has been dug out where the Armenian "Pantheon Medzats" cemetery used to be. The construction of a Centre for Orthodox Studies (Djemaran) will soon begin on top of the Armenian cemetery and the bones of deceased Armenians have not been properly relocated as you can see in the attached photos.
    My previous visit to Tbilisi was in September 2005. During that visit, I was informed by the local Armenian population of Tbilisi, in the predominantly Armenian Avlabar district, that the Georgian Government had constructed the largest cathedral of the Caucasus (Holy Trinity) on the graves of Armenian writers. Only the gravestones had been moved to another site behind the cemetery, what is currently the Armenian Pantheon, while the bones had not been relocated. It was unbelievable then that such an insensible act could be possible, yet during this trip, I received confirmation that the Armenians of Tbilisi had not exaggerated the truth in any way.

Upon my arrival in Tbilisi on 6 September 2007, I was informed of Georgian President Saakashvili's plans to completely tear down all the buildings in the Avlabar District and to build a new, luxurious neighbourhood in that area, around the Holy Trinity Cathedral, for the President's elite. It must be mentioned that the buildings occupied by the Armenians had never been renovated by the Government over the years and were unsafe. The Government has recently informed the Armenian residents of Avlabar that it will pay them 1,500 Lari (approx. $906 USD) per square metre and move them to a housing project to be constructed outside the centre's boundaries. The Armenians of Avlabar whose families have lived there for centuries do not want to leave but have no choice.

I urge upon you to write to President Saakashvili and ask him to show some respect to the Armenians of Tbilisi by properly burying the bones of the deceased and allowing them to continue to reside in Avlabar as they have done so for centuries. Here is the email address of Mr. Saakashvili's office: http://www.president.gov.ge/letter.php?l=E. And here is the UNESCO World Heritage site and info: http://whc.unesco.org/?cid=151 where you can inform UNESCO of the destruction of this important Armenian heritage site.

Here is the author's photo gallery from the visit at Pantheon Medzats:

Re: Georgian Government Desecrates Armenian Graves

What the Georgian government is doing is simply hideous and revolting. Was this issue covered by Armenian reporters? Was it raised by Armenian organizations? Why the silence?
    What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

[From another forum, I don't have the URL to the original document. Siamanto]

GEORGIAN PRESIDENT'S NEW RESIDENCE TO BE BUILT IN ARMENIAN DISTRICT OF
      TBILISI

21.06.2004 17:58

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ The new residence of Georgian President Mikhail
      Saakashvili will be obviously built in Avlabar, the Armenian district of
      Tbilisi. As Georgian leader told journalists in Batumi, the construction
      speeding-up depends on the sale of the previous residence located in the
      suburbs of Tbilisi - Krtsanisi, where Saakashvili does not have any desire
      to work. Speaking of the possibility of selling the old residence, Georgian
      President said: "If someone wants to live in a building, in which Lavrenty
      Beria used to sleep, and near which Eduard Shevarnadze lives, God be with
      him".
      Last edited by Siamanto; 09-15-2007, 12:03 PM.
      What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post

Upon my arrival in Tbilisi on 6 September 2007, I was informed of Georgian President Saakashvili's plans to completely tear down all the buildings in the Avlabar District and to build a new, luxurious neighbourhood in that area, around the Holy Trinity Cathedral, for the President's elite. It must be mentioned that the buildings occupied by the Armenians had never been renovated by the Government over the years and were unsafe. The Government has recently informed the Armenian residents of Avlabar that it will pay them 1,500 Lari (approx. $906 USD) per square metre and move them to a housing project to be constructed outside the centre's boundaries. The Armenians of Avlabar whose families have lived there for centuries do not want to leave but have no choice.

Was the following incident related???

[14] TBILISI MAYOR ACCUSES GEORGIAN PARLIAMENT DEPUTY OF ARSON
        Tbilisi Mayor Gigi Ugulava on March 18 accused Valeri Gelashvili, a deputy from the opposition Republican party, of instigating the fire that destroyed a school in Tbilisi's Avlabar district earlier that day, Caucasus Press reported. Ugulava noted that Gelashvili tried repeatedly to persuade the Education Ministry to demolish the school and sell him the site for redevelopment. The Georgian parliament majority called on March 20 for an investigation into Gelashvili's business interests, noting that legislators are barred from simultaneously engaging in commercial activities. Gelashvili, who was seriously injured in an assault in Tbilisi last summer (see "RFE/RL Newsline," July 15, 2005), has vowed to sue Ugulava for slander; opposition parliament deputies have closed ranks in his support, Caucasus Press reported. LF

Last edited by Siamanto; 09-15-2007, 12:04 PM.

Comment

disgusting georgians

georgian = էշ
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            disgusting georgians

georgian = էշ

the only thing more disgusting than what the Georgians have done/are doing is what some low-life Armenians within our community are doing.

While this horrible act of vandalism is being carried out right in front of our eyes, the stupid Armenian television is advertising "The Georgian State Dance Company" that is here directly from Georgia. Now straight up, advertising the culture of any nation, let alone a backstabbing one like the georgians, is unacceptable. Do we protect and preserve our own Armenian culture so well enough that we are advertising the culture of others? And at a time like this, when the georgians are showing their true face, the armenians still don't get it.

their number is 818) 265-0506; call them and tell these stupid armenians they should be ashamed of themselves.

The georgian would NEVER subscribe to Armenian culture.

Comment

Hello everybody
              There has not been cemetery
              in avlabari district
              since 1948
              there was a so called khodjevank park/square
              the Sameba (trinity church) was built on that territory
              The Pantheon of Great Armenians

is situated nearby of cathedral
              (as Seen in photo)
              Best Regards
              Guram
              Last edited by Giji; 09-22-2007, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                disgusting georgians

georgian = էշ
                Thank you Mos I love you too
                Last edited by Giji; 09-22-2007, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X