Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Questions about Musa Dagh 1914- 1915

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Musa Dagh 1914- 1915

I am an American Armenian, I was born in the United States. I do not speak Armenian. As I approach my 50th birthday I have felt compelled find my heritage.

My Grandmother Rose, was born in Betias, Syria and she and her sisters and part of her brothers survived the massacure of Musa Dagh.

I am seeking as much information that I can about that time and place. I hoping that you would be able to help me.
    Does your family originate from that vacinity?
    0%
    Do you or your family members have a written account of that time?
    0%
    Have you or any member of your family visited that area?
    0%
    Do you have family members that reside in that area now?
    0%
    Do you or any of your family members have pictures of that area?
    0%

Have you come across the website that has a lot of 1920s photos of a (dedication?) ceremony at a monument on Musa Dagh erected to commemorate the 1915 event? I've lost the url so can't give you it. But I reposted a lot of the photos either here or at the place run by the Dictatorship of Superior Armenians (by that I mean xxxxxxxx, not the Armenian republic ).
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

I went to 2, this one had the most information and pictures, I also got the name of a professor at UCLA off the website. I will try to make contact with him. What I am searching for is more details. More accounts of that battle. My grandmother left me with a written account of her experience. I now want more details. I also want to know what it looks like. Most of the pictures are of people standing in front of the monument. Not so much of the country side and the villages and the mountains.

I thank you so much for your reply. I will tell you, that God has lead me to some very interesting places recently. while traveling in the town of Pasadena, CA. I became lost, as I took another wrong turn, I saw a restaurant called

"The Armenian Palace".http://www.armenianpalacerestaurant.com/Welcome.html

Out of curiosity I stopped to have dinner. I discovered that the owners’ family was from Betias. We exchanged stories and both have ancestry in the Phillian or Fillian family. So maybe I will be the one sharing information with you folks.

Thanks again for your reply. I am still hoping for more replies from this forum.

Comment

Roseangel,

Welcome to the forum. This might seem blatantly obvious, but have you read the book or watched the (albeit low quality) film titled "The 40 days of Musa Dagh"?

I don't have a copy of the book, but there is a good chance I could send you the video if you haven't seen it. Let me know.

Hovik

P.S. I don't know if you've been to Armenia yet or not (and you must go at some point) there is a village about 30Km outside Yerevan on the way to Vagharshapat (Etchmiadzin) called "Musa Ler" and in this village there is a monument and museum dedicated to the defense of the Musa Ler Armenians. There are a number of photos and artifacts, it's well worth the visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik View Post
          Roseangel,

Welcome to the forum. This might seem blatantly obvious, but have you read the book or watched the (albeit low quality) film titled "The 40 days of Musa Dagh"?

I don't have a copy of the book, but there is a good chance I could send you the video if you haven't seen it. Let me know.

Hovik

P.S. I don't know if you've been to Armenia yet or not (and you must go at some point) there is a village about 30Km outside Yerevan on the way to Vagharshapat (Etchmiadzin) called "Musa Ler" and in this village there is a monument and museum dedicated to the defense of the Musa Ler Armenians. There are a number of photos and artifacts, it's well worth the visit.

Also Roseangel, as you probably most recently discovered, the town of Anjar in Lebanon is home to survivors and descendents of Movses Ler.
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Please send me the video, because the answer is no. I have seen the books references and I have been looking for the audio tapes of the book, but have not had any luck Thank you so much !

Comment

General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Rosesangel View Post
                Please send me the video, because the answer is no. I have seen the books references and I have been looking for the audio tapes of the book, but have not had any luck Thank you so much !
                It will be my pleasure, please private message me with your mailing address. Don't post it in the forums please.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosesangel View Post
                  http://www.mousaler.com/

I went to 2, this one had the most information and pictures, I also got the name of a professor at UCLA off the website.

Not the same site.
                  Here is one of the photos from the other site, whose url I don't know.
                  Attached Files
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Haha! Found the website. In the same folder as the Musa Dagh pics I had saved was an image with three rather yummy-looking naked women, and in the file's name were the names Gropius and Manon. Did a google search and found this: Mahler-Werfel Papers: Photographs, 1888-1984 http://www.library.upenn.edu/collect...photos/mahler/
                    The Musa Dagh photos are here:
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                    X