Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are there any Armenian Genocide books of this sort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any Armenian Genocide books of this sort?

Are there any Armenian Genocide books which tells a story?

I'm not asking about someone speaking on their view of the genocide. Rather, a story, with a plot and perhaps fiction writing. It doesn't need to be fiction or based on a true story -- just characters set during the genocide and a story revolving around them.

If this doesn't make any sense, I greatly apologize.

Re: Are there any Armenian Genocide books of this sort?

Quite a few, but a popular one is Three Apples Fell from Heaven by Micheline Aharonian Marcom. Might get made into a movie. José Rivera has already penned the screenplay. See here.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
      Are there any Armenian Genocide books which tells a story?

I'm not asking about someone speaking on their view of the genocide. Rather, a story, with a plot and perhaps fiction writing. It doesn't need to be fiction or based on a true story -- just characters set during the genocide and a story revolving around them.

If this doesn't make any sense, I greatly apologize.
      The most famous one I can think of is the "The Forty Days of Musa Dagh" by Franz Werfel which is a novel that is based on the Musa Dagh resistance during the Armenian Genocide in 1915.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Thank you both.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
          Quite a few, but a popular one is Three Apples Fell from Heaven by Micheline Aharonian Marcom. Might get made into a movie. José Rivera has already penned the screenplay. See here.
          I just remembered, I have this book. My parents brought it home for me a while back but I never got around to reading it.

Hopefully, they can handle it with good taste if it does get made. They made a bold reference with it's the Armenian equivalent to Schindler's List.

Comment

there is this book which I think meets what your'e asking for but it is in french
            Vahe Katcha's 'un poignard dans ce jardin' or le saga des armeniens. I'm not sure if this particular book has been translated, however a lot of his books have been indeed translated to several languages -including armenian- and/or gone to the screen

Comment

How about the 40 Days of Musa Dagh? Heard that's also going to be a movie. It seems to be a good story because Sylvester Stallone really likes it. He wants to direct it with Mel Gibson.
              THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

That film is not going to be made. If it wasn't already obvious, it was just recently announced.

Comment

One of the first pro-Armenian books I read on the topic of the genocide, A Crime of Vengeance by Edward Alexander, was somewhat arranged like a novel. It's basically the story of how Soghomon Tehlirian tracked down and killed Talat Pasha in Germany, and the subsequent murder trial that followed. There are occasional "flash backs" to boat loads of official evidence from German and US archives, which Alexander had amply studied due to being a retired Foreign Service officer, but most of it reads like a novel or thriller.

Comment

That film is not going to be made. If it wasn't already obvious, it was just recently announced.

Hm, didn't know, too bad. Rumors have been floating around for a long time.
                    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Working...
                    X