Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The ay's have it on HR106 in the HFAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ay's have it on HR106 in the HFAC

The final vote was somewhere around 27-21..

Congratulations to all human rights activists, Armenian, or not, who believed strongly in the truth and that the truth re: crimes against humanity, including those committed against Armenians by Ottoman Turks, deserve recognition on the political level in the same fashion as other like atrocities including the Holocaust.

The Holocaust is not unique.

If your U.S. representative was on the Foreign Affairs Committee, you should contact them and thank them and congratulate them for their deliberate consideration and concern of HR106 and for supporting it, supporting the recognition of history and speaking out against genocide denial.

If these representatives are not in your district, you should contact them anyways and thank them for your support.

As for the others, if they are from your district, you should contact them and inform them of your displeasure with their opposition to HR106 and advise them that they are supporting the distortion and revision of history and that our allies do not threaten us - secular Muslim democracy or not!!!

Likewise, everyone concerned about the recognition of history, truthfulness, justice and ending genocide denial should contact these representatives and advise them that they are supporting the distortion and revision of history and that our allies do not threaten us - secular Muslim democracy or not!!!

Our former and current Secretaries of State are wrong and are enabling Turkey and Israel to dictate the future of the U.S. through threats and unwarranted pressure.
    Between childhood, boyhood,
    adolescence
    & manhood (maturity) there
    should be sharp lines drawn w/
    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Re: The ay's have it on HR106 in the HFAC

Congratulations everyone!!! What is the next step now before this thing becomes permanent? Where does it have to go next and who has to vote on it now?

Btw, I saw this on HFAC's website, live. Did anyone else notice that everyone who had a j*wish sounding last name voted ney?
    Last edited by Digger; 10-10-2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ulkucu
      f*ck justice - f*ck u.s.a
      u.s.a 's slave and baseness armenia
      rascal sarkozy
      real genocider france
      damn with s.o.a.d
      f*ck off gayreeks (greek)
      Poetry.

Comment

What do you guys make of this?

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/da.../01125109.gues...

Left Marks Turkish Genocide in Effort to Harm Ally in the Iraq War

RUSH: There is an important news item today, and I want to discuss it, but I run the risk of losing my temper doing so, because it makes me angry. You know, I choose to discuss the news rationally, ladies and gentlemen, not emotionally. This is going to be very difficult to go through and not be emotional, because I don't want lose my cool. I don't want to run the risk of offending you with profanity or tossing around words like "treachery" or "treason." Briefly, the story -- the mindless, the vicious story -- is about the Democrats in Congress and their latest scheme to secure defeat in Iraq and in the war on terror, and in the process of securing defeat, they are attempting to screw up our attempts to pacify the Middle East. At this very moment in time, at this period of international sensitivity, the left in this country is obsessed with denouncing Turkey for genocide against the Armenians 100-odd years ago. Why now? Similar resolutions were passed in 1975 and 1984. Why now?

Turkey is allowing the passage of much of our supplies and over-flights into Iraq. Why now? Turkey can either help stabilize or destabilize the Kurdish area in northern Iraq. Why are they doing this now? The president and eight former secretaries of state are asking, they are pleading with Congress, to stop this. I'm starting to lose my cool on this. This is obvious. I keep asking the question, "Why?" This is their way to secure defeat and stop the war. If they can't stop the war themselves with their own votes, with their own lack of guts to de-fund the effort in Iraq, they will trash one of our best and most needed allies, as close as we're gonna get as a moderate Muslim regime that is an ally to the United States of America without whose help we could not be securing victory in Iraq. These people in the Democrat Party on Capitol Hill continue to explore and discover new depths of plain depravity. What the hell business is it of theirs to be declaring this now, when there have been already been two resolutions about the same thing that have passed in previous years. Turkey is a key supply route to US troops in Iraq, has recalled its ambassador to Washington. They did so yesterday.

"It has warned of serious repercussions if Congress labels the killing of Armenians by Turks 100 years ago as genocide. This has been ordered after a House committee endorsed the genocide measure. The summons of the ambassador for consultations was a further sign of the deteriorating relations between two long-time allies and the potential for new turmoil in an already troubled region which is just now," beginning to show some amazing success. The Sunnis and the Shi'a are joining together, and they are rejecting Al-Qaeda. I say this next, purposefully and intentionally. I mentioned this on many occasions previous. The one thing, politically, that the Democrat Party cannot afford, because of positions it has previously taken, is victory in Iraq. They cannot allow that to happen, because they own defeat, and they have already pronounced the war over. They have already said, "We can't win." They have done their best to secure that in the minds of as many people as possible, including our brave and courageous uniformed personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan. As you and I both know, they have done everything they can to engage in efforts to demoralize them, to impugn them, to criticize them -- and now, when unable to enforce votes, or not with the courage to de-fund it, they now take this step, purposely attempting to split an ally away from their country, the United States of America, so as to see to it that the Bush administration does not secure a positive result in Iraq when we are on the verge of securing that nation with a victory.

That presents its own problems, as I mentioned yesterday, with the help of J. R. Dunn from the American Thinker. But this is unconscionable. It is difficult for me, ladies and gentlemen, to catalog all of these destructive efforts that the Democrat Party, the leadership in both houses of Congress have engaged in, and put one at the top as worse than any of the others. I don't know how I draw comparisons between their attempts at impugning military personnel, attempt to secure defeat, calling our troops murderers, rapists, and thugs, false accusations, not apologizing for it, or now this, forcing the Turks to withdraw their ambassador to the United States, because they want to pass a resolution condemning Turkey for a slaughter of Armenians, genocide, a hundred years ago. It is nothing but pure politics. They are trying to anger the Turks. They want the Turkish government to withdraw the ambassador. They want a split in the allies here, they want Turkey to not allow us to use their state, their country to get supplies and other equipment into Iraq so as to hamper the effort. If anybody ever had any doubts that the Democrats are about defeat and losing for their country and for their military, this story ought to leave zero doubt.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Robert in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Hi, and welcome to the EIB Network.

CALLER: Thank you, sir, and major dittos from Algor-baquerque, New Mexico. I'm a long-time listener, first-time caller, Armenian-American, and I could not agree with you more how poor the timing is.

RUSH: Poor? That's not the word for it. This is purposeful. There have already been two resolutions passed on this. The most recent one in 1984. This is gratuitous. The timing of this is not accidental. It's not unfortunate. By the way, this has nothing to do with respecting Armenians. It's already been done. This is strictly to embarrass the Turkish government and to cause them to split with us as an ally. It's beyond me to, with polite language, express my irritation and anger over this.

CALLER: Absolutely, and I share the same sentiment and I just wanted to pass that on to you and the whole conservative part of America.

RUSH: Well, let me ask you. You're of Armenian descent. You ask yourself before you thought about this, "Why? What is this? What's going on now that would require this kind of resolution?"

CALLER: Exactly. I to myself of how proud I am to be an Armenian-American, but in the same breath, I am just blown away by how low the Democrats have to stoop --

RUSH: Yeah, exactly right.

CALLER: -- to bring it to the surface.

RUSH: Learn them, love them -- Well... Learn 'em and live them. This is who they are, and one of the great things about they're telling us all in plain language, they're not hiding behind as many masks or as much camouflage anymore. This can only be of assistance and be helpful. It's hard, really, as I just said to this guy. It's difficult for me to stay polite in discussing this. I have a lot of Armenian friends, and this is pandering. This is pure pandering, and it is insulting, and they are being used. Our old buddy Scott Ott, who does the ScrappleFace website, I'm going to have to paraphrase, he said what the Republicans -- in his own way -- he said the Republicans are going to offer a resolution condemning the Roman Empire for the death, destruction, and genocide during their reign, the bloodletting and so-on. It makes as much sense as this does.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I am still sitting here fuming over what the Democrats in Congress are going to do with this resolution condemning Turkey, modern day Turkey for the genocide of Armenians over a hundred years ago. These are the people, these are the Democrats who claim to be so worried about our image in the world. They say they're so concerned what the world thinks of us. What the hell is Turkey, an ally, going to think of us, having pulled their ambassador? I'm still fuming over this. It's a gutless, cowardly way to try to secure defeat because they are scared to death we're on the verge of being able to say, "We are going to win this." There's too much happening over there that's good for the country, that's bad for them. The Sunnis and the Shi'a are getting together, rising up against Al-Qaeda. The surge is working. Al-Qaeda is fleeing. They've been disbanded. They're just a bunch of renegades, engaged in little actions here and there. The Iraqis are rising up against these people. They're fed up with it. They're so invested in defeat, and defeat is so -- or the continued illusion that we're losing -- is so politically important to them that they have to now pull this stunt. Pelosi is going to bring this to the floor for a vote. Let 'em do it. Like I told the people in Philadelphia last night, they do not know -- because they get puff piece coverage from the media, they do not know -- how they are coming across to average Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lernakan View Post

RUSH: There is an important news item today, and I want to discuss it, but I run the risk of losing my temper doing so, because it makes me angry. You know, I choose to discuss the news rationally, ladies and gentlemen, not emotionally. This is going to be very difficult to go through and not be emotional, because I don't want lose my cool. I don't want to run the risk of offending you with profanity or tossing around words like "treachery" or "treason." Briefly, the story -- the mindless, the vicious story -- is about the Democrats in Congress and their latest scheme to secure defeat in Iraq and in the war on terror, and in the process of securing defeat, they are attempting to screw up our attempts to pacify the Middle East. At this very moment in time, at this period of international sensitivity, the left in this country is obsessed with denouncing Turkey for genocide against the Armenians 100-odd years ago. Why now? Similar resolutions were passed in 1975 and 1984. Why now?

Turkey is allowing the passage of much of our supplies and over-flights into Iraq. Why now? Turkey can either help stabilize or destabilize the Kurdish area in northern Iraq. Why are they doing this now? The president and eight former secretaries of state are asking, they are pleading with Congress, to stop this. I'm starting to lose my cool on this. This is obvious. I keep asking the question, "Why?" This is their way to secure defeat and stop the war. If they can't stop the war themselves with their own votes, with their own lack of guts to de-fund the effort in Iraq, they will trash one of our best and most needed allies, as close as we're gonna get as a moderate Muslim regime that is an ally to the United States of America without whose help we could not be securing victory in Iraq. These people in the Democrat Party on Capitol Hill continue to explore and discover new depths of plain depravity. What the hell business is it of theirs to be declaring this now, when there have been already been two resolutions about the same thing that have passed in previous years. Turkey is a key supply route to US troops in Iraq, has recalled its ambassador to Washington. They did so yesterday.

"It has warned of serious repercussions if Congress labels the killing of Armenians by Turks 100 years ago as genocide. This has been ordered after a House committee endorsed the genocide measure. The summons of the ambassador for consultations was a further sign of the deteriorating relations between two long-time allies and the potential for new turmoil in an already troubled region which is just now," beginning to show some amazing success. The Sunnis and the Shi'a are joining together, and they are rejecting Al-Qaeda. I say this next, purposefully and intentionally. I mentioned this on many occasions previous. The one thing, politically, that the Democrat Party cannot afford, because of positions it has previously taken, is victory in Iraq. They cannot allow that to happen, because they own defeat, and they have already pronounced the war over. They have already said, "We can't win." They have done their best to secure that in the minds of as many people as possible, including our brave and courageous uniformed personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan. As you and I both know, they have done everything they can to engage in efforts to demoralize them, to impugn them, to criticize them -- and now, when unable to enforce votes, or not with the courage to de-fund it, they now take this step, purposely attempting to split an ally away from their country, the United States of America, so as to see to it that the Bush administration does not secure a positive result in Iraq when we are on the verge of securing that nation with a victory.

That presents its own problems, as I mentioned yesterday, with the help of J. R. Dunn from the American Thinker. But this is unconscionable. It is difficult for me, ladies and gentlemen, to catalog all of these destructive efforts that the Democrat Party, the leadership in both houses of Congress have engaged in, and put one at the top as worse than any of the others. I don't know how I draw comparisons between their attempts at impugning military personnel, attempt to secure defeat, calling our troops murderers, rapists, and thugs, false accusations, not apologizing for it, or now this, forcing the Turks to withdraw their ambassador to the United States, because they want to pass a resolution condemning Turkey for a slaughter of Armenians, genocide, a hundred years ago. It is nothing but pure politics. They are trying to anger the Turks. They want the Turkish government to withdraw the ambassador. They want a split in the allies here, they want Turkey to not allow us to use their state, their country to get supplies and other equipment into Iraq so as to hamper the effort. If anybody ever had any doubts that the Democrats are about defeat and losing for their country and for their military, this story ought to leave zero doubt.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

CALLER: Thank you, sir, and major dittos from Algor-baquerque, New Mexico. I'm a long-time listener, first-time caller, Armenian-American, and I could not agree with you more how poor the timing is.

RUSH: Poor? That's not the word for it. This is purposeful. There have already been two resolutions passed on this. The most recent one in 1984. This is gratuitous. The timing of this is not accidental. It's not unfortunate. By the way, this has nothing to do with respecting Armenians. It's already been done. This is strictly to embarrass the Turkish government and to cause them to split with us as an ally. It's beyond me to, with polite language, express my irritation and anger over this.

CALLER: Absolutely, and I share the same sentiment and I just wanted to pass that on to you and the whole conservative part of America.

RUSH: Well, let me ask you. You're of Armenian descent. You ask yourself before you thought about this, "Why? What is this? What's going on now that would require this kind of resolution?"

CALLER: Exactly. I to myself of how proud I am to be an Armenian-American, but in the same breath, I am just blown away by how low the Democrats have to stoop --

RUSH: Learn them, love them -- Well... Learn 'em and live them. This is who they are, and one of the great things about they're telling us all in plain language, they're not hiding behind as many masks or as much camouflage anymore. This can only be of assistance and be helpful. It's hard, really, as I just said to this guy. It's difficult for me to stay polite in discussing this. I have a lot of Armenian friends, and this is pandering. This is pure pandering, and it is insulting, and they are being used. Our old buddy Scott Ott, who does the ScrappleFace website, I'm going to have to paraphrase, he said what the Republicans -- in his own way -- he said the Republicans are going to offer a resolution condemning the Roman Empire for the death, destruction, and genocide during their reign, the bloodletting and so-on. It makes as much sense as this does.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I am still sitting here fuming over what the Democrats in Congress are going to do with this resolution condemning Turkey, modern day Turkey for the genocide of Armenians over a hundred years ago. These are the people, these are the Democrats who claim to be so worried about our image in the world. They say they're so concerned what the world thinks of us. What the hell is Turkey, an ally, going to think of us, having pulled their ambassador? I'm still fuming over this. It's a gutless, cowardly way to try to secure defeat because they are scared to death we're on the verge of being able to say, "We are going to win this." There's too much happening over there that's good for the country, that's bad for them. The Sunnis and the Shi'a are getting together, rising up against Al-Qaeda. The surge is working. Al-Qaeda is fleeing. They've been disbanded. They're just a bunch of renegades, engaged in little actions here and there. The Iraqis are rising up against these people. They're fed up with it. They're so invested in defeat, and defeat is so -- or the continued illusion that we're losing -- is so politically important to them that they have to now pull this stunt. Pelosi is going to bring this to the floor for a vote. Let 'em do it. Like I told the people in Philadelphia last night, they do not know -- because they get puff piece coverage from the media, they do not know -- how they are coming across to average Americans.
          I may be wrong, but it sounds like this whole thing was staged in order to make democrats angry with Armenians for saying such things. I could never see a real Armenian saying such things. They're making this guy pretty much say "how dare those dirty democrats help us Armenians?". Now that this thing is happening with this resolution, expect to see alot of sneaky and underhanded things going on from Turks and their j*wish allies. And not to mention the republicans, like the guy above.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger View Post
            I may be wrong, but it sounds like this whole thing was staged in order to make democrats angry with Armenians for saying such things. I could never see a real Armenian saying such things.
            You are being naive, Kenny. Armenians are humans and we do have our share of idiots, lunatics and ass-holes. Any Armenian that listens to "Rush" is an absolute imbecile. And that drug addicted, overweight, Joo slave, fast talking, used car salesman should be an embarrassment for the United States. Yet, he is one of the most listened to radio personalities in the country. Tells you how xxxxed up this nation has become. Filthy pigs like him symbolize everything wrong in the nation and why this nation is going to hell in a hand basket. I just cant wait until all them retarded inbred redneck protestants get xxxxed over by Mexicans and Blacks.
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
              You are being naive, Kenny. Armenians are humans and we do have our share of idiots, lunatics and ass-holes. Any Armenian that listens to "Rush" is an absolute imbecile. And that drug addicted, overweight, Joo slave, fast talking, used car salesman should be an embarrassment for the United States. Yet, he is one of the most listened to radio personalities in the country. Tells you how xxxxed up this nation has become. Filthy pigs like him symbolize everything wrong in the nation and why this nation is going to hell in a hand basket. I just cant wait until all them retarded inbred redneck protestants get xxxxed over by Mexicans and Blacks.
              Word per word, agree. The fat bastard for years made fun at "drug users" while he was using them like candy. That "used car salesman" will switch his mother if it gets him attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Lernakan View Post

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

Who is this Robert peace of xxxx? I can't believe I live an hour south of this sorry excuse for a human being.

It's very strange because the tiny Armenian community in New Mexico has even put up an Armenian Genocide plaque in Santa Fe.

Comment

Working...
                X