Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sumgait Massacre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sumgait Massacre

Dedicated to the memory of more than 200 Armenian men, women and children, residents of the city of Sumgait, Azerbaijan, murdered by Azerbaijani residents of that town twenty years ago today – 27 February 1988.

I have personally known many of the survivors of this and other pogroms. What Azerbaijanis did to these peaceful and helpless people is beyond description, that’s why every single day that I breathe I swear vengeance on all of the Azerbaijan, all of their people without exception. Vengeance for all their terrible crimes committed against our people in Baku, Kirovabad, Sumgait...

Nothing ever will be forgotten and the Azeri will never be forgiven!

Re: Sumgait Massacre

Two days ago I opened this thread on this forum in order to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Sumgait Massacre. It’s also a sign of respect to those who were murdered in these and other pogroms that took place against Armenians in Azerbaijan.

Now, I’m just wondering why no one in this forum made any sort of contribution to this thread. Is that because of a) my attitude to and my rhetoric about the Azeris and the Turks or b) no one here gives a damn about what happened 20 years ago to “a few” Armenians in Sumgait, Baku and other places in Azerbaijan.

If the reason is the “a)” then I can fully understand the silence because my views with regards to Turkchis are somewhat unique and I guess just a little bit too extreme for some people here therefore I wouldn’t expect the majority of people here to agree with me and share my extreme views. But, and that’s a huge BUT – if the reason is the “b)” then I have to say, in all honesty, that I’m very disappointed with the people in this forum because what happened in Sumgait, Baku, etc. was Genocide (a planned and state sponsored massacre) against our people, and if anyone here who calls him/herself a “nationalist” doesn’t think that way and doesn’t care then he/she is simply a joke and he/she doesn't deserve to be respected by nationalists at all.

Comment

Hayotz,

I think it may be because folks have nothing else to add. I guess I'll add that I remember the direct aftermath of the Sumgait pogrom and have certain images ingrained in my mind's eye.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
        Hayotz, I think it may be because folks have nothing else to add.
        That's a good point. However, indifference also plays a role here. Most Armenians are emotionally far removed from that incident. Also, Hayotz started this thread during the political crisis in Yerevan. Our attention was elsewhere. Needless to say, the anti-Armenian pogroms in Azerbaijan changed the course of history for the entire region.
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

And it sucks that instead of pressing to the world that the fake republic of "Azerbaijan" committed the Sumgait pogrom, the Baku pogrom, the Kirovabad pogrom, the Maragha massacre, the Shushi massacres of 1920 etc.., we let those fools get away with their so-called "Khojaly massacre" and their successful propoganda campaign. Indeed it seems we have forgotten Sumgait...pity.
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Oh and I forgot to mention the Khatchkar destruction in Nakhichevan which amounts to cultural genocide which happened in 2003!!!, in the 21st century.

We have failed and have failed badly.
            Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
              However, indifference also plays a role here. Most Armenians are emotionally far removed from that incident.
              Does it mean that those who do not contribute to threads about the Armenian Genocide, are indifferent?
              Does the number of views suggest that your comment is either erroneous/baseless/over-simplistic, or yet another of your "I care you don't; I'm a good Armenian, you're not" self-indulgent, self-righteous statements???

Also, Hayotz started this thread during the political crisis in Yerevan. Our attention was elsewhere.
              Does it mean that some members of the forum, consider Iranian and/or Russian affairs of much higher importance than the Armenian Genocide or Culture???

P.S. Just curious, what to think about the weather conditions, at the time, and the alignment of the stars???

Needless to say, the anti-Armenian pogroms in Azerbaijan changed the course of history for the entire region.
              Yes, they triggered, made possible, and were a necessary/sufficient condition for the dissolution of the Soviet Union!
              Last edited by Siamanto; 06-20-2008, 01:41 PM.
              What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
                I remember the direct aftermath of the Sumgait pogrom and have certain images ingrained in my mind's eye.
                So do I.
                I knew many refugees from Sumgait, Baku and Kirovabad and I came to greatly admire them, they are incredibly strong willed people with extraordinary good qualities.

I have no doubt in my mind that one way or the other Azeris are going to pay for their terrible crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by MyTerrain
                  This is a proof of how much Artsakh needs to be free of azzy nazi seljuk occupation.
                  What is relevent with Seljuks?? Seljuks disappeared in 13. century. Mongols destroyed.

Comment

Working...
                  X