Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Wake up everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake up everybody!

x

So typical of a Turk...

Comment

Thats touching

Peace... I want peace too! SOAD? I love SOAD too! Turkish... they are my friends too! See the thing is, most of today’s Turks are innocent. They didn't perpetrate this Genocide, they had no control over it, and I am sure most of their ancestors had nothing to do with it either!

Actually, many of you Turks get so upset about the Armenian Genocide, forgetting that your Grandparents and Great Grandparents were there helping ours to survive and protesting what the Ottoman Government was doing. Did you forget that? This isn't between you and me, or my kids and your kids, or your grandparents and mine! This is about what a handful (A large Handful) of OTTOMAN GOVERNMENT officials did to a nation of people.

Lets jump back to "peace". I want it, you want it, but it is unachievable until the dead are laid to rest, and they will not be until Turkey recognizes the Genocide that the OTTOMANS perpetrated. It isn't the personal shame that your nation makes it out to be.

My 3rd cousin was a college professor in Kharpert, (Elizag) - Ottomans came into his classroom in the middle of teaching and cut his head off. They murdered both of his parents in their home. NO they were not revolutionaries, in fact they were very moderate progressives - but they WERE Armenians. My Great Uncle was 6 years old when he was caught hiding in the chimney of a Turkish home (My Great-Great Grandparents neighbors and best friends). They took care of him until the Ottoman soldiers found him and chopped his hands off - he bled to death, while they shot his father. No, they were not Armenian revolutionaries or militants either - they were hard working wagoneers in Sepastia (Sivas).

You want documentation; look in your own Archives in Tokapi Palace, which your government has a nice tight lock on, only 3% of the Ottoman Government records have been reviewed, mostly because of restriction. Now tell me how much you as a Turk have done to research? Furthermore, you keep talking about all the Turks that were killed by the "Armenian Army", what Armenian Army? Armenians weren't allowed to own guns! The few that went around this racist law may have formed small groups to defend against Ottoman attacks on innocent villages. The Ottomans did nothing to hide from Armenians what they were doing to other Armenians, they knew what their fate would be and did what any group of people would do in such a situation -defended themselves.

Now, Turks have found some backwards way of defending and justifying Ottoman actions by suggesting that there were equal or nearly equal massacres on both sides (Note: some Turks even suggest Armenians made Genocide against them). To all of this I say, "Show us some evidence". We have pictures taken by foreigners of what happened to our people, we have eyewitness accounts of foreign diplomats in the region. There are telegrams by Talaat and Enver in the US Library of Congress, which clearly state that Armenians were to be exterminated. Have you even bothered to take the time to look at them? I am sure you haven't, so do that... and after you do, be sure to publish all documentation (including the photographical proof) of the Genocide Armenians perpetrated against Turks.

I don't believe anything anyone tells me until I have researched it myself. In Turkey, I happen to have researched the censorship they perform of your school curriculum. You learn whatever the government wants you to know, and stop exactly there. But there are more and more outstanding Turkish citizens who are going beyond your grade school social studies book and doing their own research. Your historians are coming out more and more and talking about what really happened under the Ottoman yoke between 1893 and 1923.

Perhaps it is time for your country to start listening to your own Taner Achkam, and Orhann Pamuk. These who you have so much respect for, who you have made national heroes from - are a key to understanding what happened. Embrace them, and listen to what they have to say before burning their books and making yourselves look crazy.

Remember, I want to continue to make new Turkish friends, to put what happened in the past where it belongs, and to move into the future together, as neighbors, as friends - as we once were before a few Ottomans came between two great nations. Let us get there together, by fighting for what is right, by realizing how much your ancestors and mine loved each other and lived in peace and harmony. Lets close the last chapter in that Ottoman book by recognition of the Armenian Genocide - and lets forge ahead into the future side by side.

Comment

In Accord

I agree completely that the genocide that happened in the early twentieth century is far from the fault of today's Turks; so why blame them? It is important that Armenians who wish for justice distuingish between Turkish government power holders who wish to hide a bad history from the world, and young people who simply do not have a complete knowledge of their country's history. Tongue's response about how purpura_de_angel's post was "so typical of a Turk" is the kind of interaction that fuels misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Tongue
          So typical of a Turk...
          as a moderator you have to be objective. i don't understand you, you all waiting toleration from us. But, you are doing nothing else than racism.

Comment

Originally posted by isimsizadam
            as a moderator you have to be objective. i don't understand you, you all waiting toleration from us. But, you are doing nothing else than racism.
            I have no tolerance for ignorance. I'll be objective, when you are objective. Not asking, but telling us there was a war is completely ignorant and not objective.

Comment

I predict Turkey will recognise the Genocide by 2015. I dunno its a gut feeling I have???

I however think that all the facts surrounding the events haven't been established yet. Hopefully Turkish Historians and maybe even the government will reveal the truth.
              www.armenian-genocide.org

Comment

Originally posted by neutral
                I predict Turkey will recognise the Genocide by 2015. I dunno its a gut feeling I have???

I however think that all the facts surrounding the events haven't been established yet. Hopefully Turkish Historians and maybe even the government will reveal the truth.
                One question for you.

Do you believe that what had happened to Armenians 1915-16, was a Genocide ?!

I need a dirct answer from you, to that direct question.

Comment

Suckers are everywhere just like us
                  there are number of them that agree to a Katliam (Massacres) on a large scale some wont do it publicly for obvious reasons
                  They don't want their names taken down by the Turkish consulate and otherse...
                  "All truth passes through three stages:
                  First, it is ridiculed;
                  Second, it is violently opposed; and
                  Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

There are people use the term soykirim, genocide. These include Turkish Armenians, Hrant Dink and Talin Karakashlian used in paper.

I think it is funny to see everything as conspiracy.

Originally posted by Gavur
                    Suckers are everywhere just like us
                    there are number of them that agree to a Katliam (Massacres) on a large scale some wont do it publicly for obvious reasons
                    They don't want their names taken down by the Turkish consulate and otherse...

Comment

Working...
                    X