Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Most important Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most important Questions.

x

Yes "taboo" you are so smart and you got us with that comment, especially with that flag thing, right on the point! Very smart! Keep on the good work and I think very soon they will welcome Turkey in the EU.

Comment

THE LANDS THAT BELONGED TO ARMENIA AND WAS ARMENIAN-POPULATED BEFORE THEY DEPORTED IT'S ARMENIAN POPULATION ARE IN PRESENT TURKEY'S SOIL, Western Armenia (what you call Turkey) is no longer Armenia.

So what's your question again?

Comment

Originally posted by Reincarnated Am
        Yes "taboo" you are so smart and you got us with that comment, especially with that flag thing, right on the point! Very smart! Keep on the good work and I think very soon they will welcome Turkey in the EU.
        Hey, even the new POPE doesn't want them! lol

Comment

Taboo, how can you say any of this. Do you know every detail of the genocide? because you seem to think you do. And yes there was a genocide, i don't suppose 1.5 MILLION people just got up and dissapeared off the face of the earth. Keep your take on what happened on April 24,1915 to yourself. Do not refer to the genocide as being the "so called" genocide. you obviously think it did not happen but like the hallocaust it did and you really should get used to it. I had family in the genocide and the storeis are mortifying. My grandmother was born and raised in Turkey, and yet she has no compassion for Turkey after the genocide. You have no right to refer to a serious subject as being "so called" and alleged reports. Most Armenians realize that Turkey is not the Ottoman empire anymore, but all we ask is for this tragedy to be recognized, and if you do not understand its full meaning and events do not comment.This was not about land, if you look it up you will see it was about much more. you are insulting not only armenians but humans as a whole by saying that the genocide was alleged. You are eitehr narrow minded or just ignorant. You choose, and do yourself a favor and fix it.

Comment

"So-Called"

From now on I will no longer refer to the Republic of Turkey as such!
            From this day forward they will be known as the "SO-CALLED REPUBLIC OF TURKEY" who have a "SO-CALLED" capital called Ankara. Just east of which they have many "SO-CALLED" villages which are Armenian, which the "SO-CALLED" Turks didn't live on until the "SO-CALLED" 9th century .

Note: The above language is "SO-CALLED" Turkish, I decrypted it myself The "SO-CALLED" Turkish language is full of references to things that are "SO-CALLED".

Comment

Taboo's comedy club

Originally posted by taboo
              You guys made me laugh.
              Even if there were so many Armenian people got killed during the war, there were alot of Turks, Greeks, and other ethnic groups got killed also.
              Ummm, it was WW1 taboo, isn't the army of a country in a war going to have a high number of casualties? You are comparing the incomparable. You can't say its the same that an equal number of Greeks Armenians and Turks died because the Ottoman Empire (or what was left of it) was at war! Armenians weren't at war with anyone!

After what started as racist laws (here are a few):
              1. The Kishlak Tax: Armenians paid an absurd amount of taxes for being minorities, in addition to being double taxed by Kurdish Warlords (under authority from Constantinople), as well as the local Ottoman vilayet chiefs. This included, but was not limited to - the right to live in an Armenian home during the winter months. Exemption from punishment for destroying, or taking Armenian homes, robbing their inhabitants of wealth and women, or murdering them.
              2. No rights to bear arms, while others were allowed.
              3. Armenians were not allowed to testify in court against any Muslim - what an advantage a criminal would have over his victim!

After suffering for years under such injustice brought on by these laws in the form of brutality, rape, murder, and massacre - leading up to the Hamidian Massacres of 1893-1896 Armenians didn't know what to do. A tiny handful of Armenians in remote eastern areas encouraged other Armenians to defend themselves (something that only made angry Turks more angry). And there ended up being (although very small) a following. Of course they were squashed along with the rest of Armenians in the years between crazy Hamid and the 1915 Genocide - if they took a few Turks with them well thats the way the cookie crumbles. I guess that is a very small price for Ottomans to pay for destroying a nation, and a smaller price to pay for Turks who inherited vast amounts of homes, land, riches, and natural resources that were stolen.

P.S. you make us laugh too taboo, maybe we should start a comedy club

Please search for how many Turks were in the Ottoman empire and please find out how many left after the war. Do we have to claim that Greeks,Arabs or other people genoice Turks. It was a war for god sake.
              I don't trust the internet for your numbers, someday when you allow the world access to your government archives in Tokapi palace and elsewhere, I plan on spending a lot of time there going through the OTTOMAN CENSUS. (not that one can trust this to be a whole lot more accurate than what present day Turks are posting on the internet - but its worth a shot)

Newsflash: Some Turks have already made the claim that others made Genocide against Turks! What an adorable defense. Please search for and read on this website my other posts, particularly one referring to Turks claim that they were made Genocide against. I think it will answer your question. And it is a very sick thing to state “Do we HAVE TO make a claim …” – there is no “HAVE TO” it either happened or it didn’t and because you say “HAVE TO” it is obvious that you don’t believe in the very statement you are making.

And even if there were a systematic killing towards Armenians, that government was Ottoman, not Turkey.
              Right... Just like it was the Nazi's that killed Jews, not Germans. You see where this is going??? All the more reason for Turks to stop being so ashamed of what happened. Why do you take it so personally, saying "Armenians just want to go around the world slandering TURKEY" if you accept that Ottomans did it and you didn't? Furthermore, the above quote is extremely disrespectful to the dead that you are admitting were "systematically killed". And if they were "systematically killed" where is the rocket science here???

Stop giving distorted answers and being childish and please give some reasonable answers and make everyone believe to your allegations. Otherwise this become just another game that you were playing like "ASALA", if you know what i mean.
              I don't think any answer is distorted, I showed you an example of how ridiculous you look when you call something that is factual "so-called", by using the example that there is (in fact) a capital called "Ankara", but calling "so-called" you are forced to see how silly you sound calling the Armenian Genocide "so-called".

I hope these answers are more reasonable for you, if not just tell me specifically what you need a more reasonable answer for and I will be happy to provide it.

I have not, do not, and will not ever condone the actions of ASALA, and I find it very immature that you bring such things into an intellectual dialogue.

Btw, i will edit my message and delete the "SO CALLED" word if you guys are so offended. I didnt mean to offend anyone.
              Thanks
              Why should it offend me if you make yourself look uneducated and inhumane? It just furthers my case. It is your decision what words you use, and what facts you believe. But it sure looks like someone might have a few screws loose when they say that it is a "so-called genocide" in the same dialogue that they say that "systematic killings" of Armenians took place.

Alright, who is next?

Comment

How can you say that?? There were no Armenia at that time. That land and including alot of other land was part of Ottoman Empire. The Armenia as a country In 1936, after reorganization, Armenia became a separate constituent republic of the USSR. Armenia declared its independence form the collapsing Soviet Union on Sept 23, 1991. After that, Armenia is officially recognized as a seperate country.
                Mwahahahaha…. Armenia became a country in 1936? Mwahahahah….

Armenia is one of the oldest countries in the world with a recorded history of about 3500 years. Armenia was the first Christian state in the world my knowledgeable friend. Are you saying that Christianity started in the 20th century?

Ancient Armenia (3500 BC - 520 BC)

Comment

Let me ask you somthing, were the lands in China ever called "Republic of Turkey" or "ancient Turkey" by any chance? Did the Chinese government deport and then kill millions of Turks living in China and keep their lands to itself?

For some reason, I can't see the analogy.

Comment

There were alot of talented Armenian people living in Istanbul. They were even in the goverment in the highest positions. One of the best Ottoman architect Mimar Sinan who build the most amazing architectural pices like mosques and bridges was an Armenian person. .
                    Speaking of Armenian architects, why are Armenian cultural and historic monuments being demolished in today's Turkey (Western Armenia)? Arakelots monastery in Sassoon, Surb Bardughimeos church of Van, Khtskonq monastery of Kars, Arakelots church of Mush are some of the famous ones... Why is Turkish government trying to wipe out traces of Armenian presence in those lands?

Comment

Working...
                    X