Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Most important Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where was Kurdistan when Ancient Armenia was there?

What matters is almost 2 million Armenians were forcefully pushed out of their lands, the lands they owned, the lands they paid for. They got killed and the lands are now in Turkey's soil.

So you trully believe the government had no hands in destroying the churches and monuments, it was the turkish people? Even if, it still doesn't sound right, you know.

How do you explain this? It was an old Armenian Church. So Turkey had no place for a karate gym, they had to use the Church?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by taboo
        You guys fight, i mean kurds and armenians..
        i am not going to write anything more.
        Hey, you were the one who brought up the Kurds not me. heh.

Originally posted by taboo

Peace to everyone, who thinks that peace should be between Armenians and Turkish people without hatread and false claims.

Thanks
        I want peace and friendship between our countries as much as you do. But justice needs to be served first. Those 1.5 million people can't and won't be forgotten! Put yourself in our shoes, what would you do?

PS I'm not a big fan of Ararat the movie myself. They could've done a much better job.

Comment

What's the point for you asking the questions when you don't want to listen or see the truth?, the answers are all there all over this site, in the books, the historians are talking about it, lots of coutries are recognizing it, even certain Muslim countries saw the truth, it’s all over the internet. We don’t need to here it from other countries to know what happened to us because we heard it from our grand parents and our elders and we still have eye witnesses, so stop asking these stupid questions, and don’t come back few days later under another name and ask these stupid questions again!

Read this: http://www.armenialiberty.org/armeni...FDDC9FE6E4.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by answer
            just answer these questions:
            1)if Turks wanted to kill al Armenians, why didn't they start from the ones living in İstanbul?
            Hah! Are you proud of how ignorant you are portraying yourself to be? What do you think happened on the night of April 24, 1915? They started the Genocide in Constantinople that night rounding up 250 intellectuals and community leaders, who had been sound asleep with their families. Most they butchered, the rest were taken by rail to the furthest reaches of the country and either were killed there or escaped. Go pick up one of the many eye-witness accounts and take a look. Don't believe Armenians who saw it with their own eyes? ok, fine. Grab an account from one of the many foriegn dignitaries who were in the city at the time. I suppose they made it up too right? They probably have some secret claim to land in eastern turkey too right? Go ahead, show us how do you slide your way out of that one...

Comment

were they intellectuals or where they the rebels who were educated with money of Ottomans to be a good citizen?
              In short: They were intellectuals. No, not rebels who had machine guns in their violin cases, perhaps you have watched too much American action movies.
              Constantinople was the center of Armenian intellectual and cultural life. There you could find the most influential Armenian community in the empire. For this reason they were the obvious first target for the Committee of Union and Progress. The Armenian in all of the empire looked up to these individuals. They were artists, musicians, writers, professors and clergy. You say they may have been rebels. Why? Where do you get this from? Because Armenians as a people were asserting their identity as Armenians a practice that had taken place elsewhere in the empire? I ask you to present your evidence how how they may have been or were rebels. If presenting information on them practicing the above identity assertions is your defense - don't waste your time - it'll destroy your case. Why? Because we all know it had happened elsewhere in the empire - in the balkans earlier and most recently in Greece.

Now lets take a minute to dwell on this. Correct me if I am wrong. Could one compare Armenia and Armenians with pre-Ottoman-occupied Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, etc.? I don't see why not! Each was considered or considered itself, a nation which had a history which started long before Seljuk invaders occupied their territories and later formed the empire (as in Armenia's case). Or in the case of the Balkan states after the empire was formed, Ottoman invaders occupied and absorbed nations which already existed.

Flash Forward: As the empire was falling apart (the reasons for which are to be discussed another time - I can't wait to talk about the "Sivis Year Crisis" ) identity assertion took place with the other nations. As the weak Ottomans lost war after war and nations re-emerged as strong states once again, trouble was on the horizon for Armenians. Of course a great deal of the empires land had been lost, and the majority of what was left - Ottomans knew Armenians could make a legitimate claim for. After all, there WAS an official Armenian state by the 6th century B.C.E. giving them claim to re-establish the Armenian state currently occupied by Ottomans.

do you think you would just kiss anybody who organizes people to attack your people in your very capital?
              I wouldn't want anyone "kissing me" thank you very much!
              To answer your question, tell me what attacks took place in your capital - and make sure you have it chronologically correct. Also, make sure you demonstrate how the musicians and professors were responsible for such an attack. And then talk about your explanation for the Ottoman Softas (Students of the Qur'an) who were attacking innocent Armenian civilians in the streets of Constantinople for years before 1915. Don't forget to mention that.

It was a war.... Do you see?
              It wasn't a war with innocent men women and children. Ignorant approach.

In 1910's, Ottomans were on their weakest stage.
              It didn't give you the right to eliminate a nation.

If we hated so much, why didn't we kill all Armenians during our strongest years? During 16th century? During the decades of Kanuni the magnificient? Why did we wait for 800 years? Why didn't we kill you during crusades? We did more reasons to kill you then.
              Ignorance... Armenians didn't pose a threat as a nation to the Ottomans during your strongest years. Your very sentence answers the question. When strong, you weren't threatened. When weak you were so paranoid (like Sultan Hamid) you tried to eliminate a nation. Furthermore we were the brains of your empire, it would have been dumb for you to shoot yourselves in the foot like that.

Comment

Originally posted by isimsizadam
                First of all, please decide that how many people died in these years?

1.5 million or 2 million ?

I know a quote:

Don't lie, if you don't have to be in a situation that you need to remember what you had said.

I can see that same person wrote in his/her message 1.5 million and in the other one 2 million. And some people say that 800.000 (Other Sites)
                I said almost 2 million Armenians were forced out of their lands. 1.5 million of them were perished. And that's according to foreign records, not Armenian.

What ever you call it genocide or tragedy, i know that a lot of armenians had died in a war, like Turks and Kurds. The deaths weren't under control of goverment or empire. You all saying that "It was a genocide!", please tell me that why ottoman empire gived death penalty to 1.000 turks for that they attacked armenians during the moving.
                You know I'm getting really sick of this "Armenians died in a war" thing they brainwashed you with.
                Help me understand this. So you're saying all those innocent children, women, and the old died in a war? 1.5 million people died in a war? The little kids were deported to a desert and left there to die from starvation and dehydration. Is this your method of fighting a war? Moving an entire people from their homeland into the desert, raping their women, stealing little kids (the ones you liked- yeah they would line up little girls and the turkish sodiers would chose their favorite, then the girls would be examined by doctors to make sure she's healthy!), and leaving them at the desert to survive on air? Aren't wars between two armies?

Why are the armenians were in high situations in parliament? Can anyone tell me that Jews were like armenians in Germany?
                Don't understand the question.

Why Turkish goverment open national archives to whole world beside that Armenian Prime Minister reject to discuss?
                I repeat, discussing the genocide is something disrespectful we'll never do. It's like questioning whether it happened or not.
                We have enough proof, historians have stated their findings, there is nothing absolutely nothing left to discuss. (we also know our great grandparents didn't lie to us when they told us their horrible stories) By the way, did you know your own newspapers Ottoman Empire papers also reported the genocide, yeah I think you should know?

About national archives, why don't you check out British and US archives? I'll give you the exact place to find hundreds of documents on the genocide:

United States of America, National Archives and Records dministration, Record Group 59, Records of the Department of State, Decimal File 867, Internal Affairs of Turkey, Decimal File 860J, Internal Affairs of Armenia.

British Archives: United Kingdom, Public Record Office, Foreign Office Records, Class 371, Diplomatic Records.

Go check em out. Go enlighten yourself.

Why noone talks about ASALA?
                I believe it was Turkey's denial that forced ASALA to even form.

I could accept that the tragedy is a genocide if i could find facts, reasonable reasons, and evidences! But i couldn't.
                You could find thousands of facts, but your turkish pride will not let you see the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by isimsizadam
                  first we can't see the reals, unless all of the archives hadn't been opened. I'm waiting for Jerusalem archives, English Trial's Archives.

And, if there is a genocide, why UK announced that 200.000 Armenian had died and it wasn't a genocide under control of goverment in Paris Peace Conference (This amount, had been given by armenians to englishs, not me English are saying that.)
                  I can't wait until the Turkish Government opens the locked up Tokapi Palace Archives, and stops offering open archives and then quietly refusing to honor their offer (article to be posted in news section later). This is of course assuming they haven't destroyed all relevant documentation in their archives regarding the Genocide.

Can you please include the date for, and a reference to from where you recieved, the 200,000 number? Others may want to know to what source you are referring for your information. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X