Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Question to Turks - regarding governmental legitimacy with minority population

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitite View Post
    You are the type of Armenian that deserves to "feel" the intimate affection of one of those majority Turkish barbarians.

There is no reason for this type of sordid talk. You are only spewing hate and in turn, you are discrediting yourself (Perhaps you are showing your true colors?).

I stated my position on the matter and supported it with evidence. Moreover, I did not try to verbally intimidate you (as you are attempting to to with me) so that you won't come back to defend your viewpoint.

I hope, in your future posts, you follow my example and tone down the emotional outbursts. This forum deserves better.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      I don't exactly know where you are coming from, not having followed in detail your previous posts. But as for "Crusader", I think I have accurately profiled him, and those like him, in what I have written recently in the "introduction thread".
      You're terrible at profiling, but you're exceptional at harassing.

Comment

Hitite, you are proving Crusader's point! Maybe you should make a video about it and post it on Youtube! Try to be original though and choose a black or white wolf instead of a grey one.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
          Hitite, you are proving Crusader's point! Maybe you should make a video about it and post it on Youtube! Try to be original though and choose a black or white wolf instead of a grey one.
          It happens everytime...you scratch the surface by taking them out of there revisionist comfort zone and you get remarks like hitites.

Comment

Agreed - I'm even a bit suprised...though I'm not suprised that Hitite totally fails to understand my point. BTW - I have often personally expressed understanding and sympathy in regards to Turkish suffering (though I've gotten tired of doing so with littl or no real reciprocity). I stand by my position however - that it is entirely unreasonable to expect the same from Armenians in general - considering the circumstances. Additionally I can clearly see where you stand on Jews/the Holocaust as well - and thus perhaps I can understand more your inate hatred (jealousy) of Armenians as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1.5 million View Post
              - and thus perhaps I can understand more your inate hatred (jealousy) of Armenians as well.
              Where have I heard that one before. Ahh, yes - I remember. Anyone who dislikes America, does it only because they are jealous of America and not because of things America has done, or is believed to have done.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                Where have I heard that one before. Ahh, yes - I remember. Anyone who dislikes America, does it only because they are jealous of America and not because of things America has done, or is believed to have done.
                So what is your excuse (for being jealous of and hating Armenians)?

Comment

Originally posted by 1.5 million View Post
                  Agreed - I'm even a bit suprised...though I'm not suprised that Hitite totally fails to understand my point. BTW - I have often personally expressed understanding and sympathy in regards to Turkish suffering (though I've gotten tired of doing so with littl or no real reciprocity). I stand by my position however - that it is entirely unreasonable to expect the same from Armenians in general - considering the circumstances. Additionally I can clearly see where you stand on Jews/the Holocaust as well - and thus perhaps I can understand more your inate hatred (jealousy) of Armenians as well.
                  Its funny how you two fail to see the rascist remarks Crusader has made and prefer to focus on my reaction to his "all Turks are barbarians except a few" give-away.... When I told him that he was the type of Armenian that deserves some Turkish love and affection, the type of Armenian I meant was the rascist type... but clearly you dont have a problem with a rascist Armenian.. why do you associate yourself with him?

Phantom: Am I proving Crusaders point that all Turks are barbarian when I cuss at this rascist pig? If you think so then FU you too.

1.5: Believe it or not I totally understand your point. I have full respect for most of your remarks on this forum but some I dont agree with and I try to make that clear as much as possible. I know that you acknowledge the many Turks that died in the past. I am telling you again that I personnaly would not expect sympathy from an Armenian for dead Turks, all I said was that Turks would like to see it.. there is a difference there. However you repeatedly portray your wierd feeling towards Turks yourself in your never ending fantasy that Turks are idiots and are a brainwashed herd of meat heads. Your and others' prejudice is so obvious that it shines even when you try to sympathise and it is obvious when you say that I should be jealous of Armenians. What else can I be, as a moron Turk I can only be jealous of the superior Armenian. Do you believe in the superiority of the Armenian race? I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
                    There is no reason for this type of sordid talk. You are only spewing hate and in turn, you are discrediting yourself (Perhaps you are showing your true colors?).

I stated my position on the matter and supported it with evidence. Moreover, I did not try to verbally intimidate you (as you are attempting to to with me) so that you won't come back to defend your viewpoint.

I hope, in your future posts, you follow my example and tone down the emotional outbursts. This forum deserves better.
                    There is more than enough reason for this kind of talk when the subject matter is a die-hard Armenian rascist like you. If I changed your very sentence and said the majority of Armenians are barbarians and gave you so called evidence I really dont think those remarks would have been given a warm welcome. You really seem to be terrified to see what you have really become.

What sort of evidence can you possibly give to label millions of people that you dont know crap about as barbarians? Are you going to start posting pictures of skull measurements? What you proudly portray as evidence is a load of bull crap which I tried to explain in my answer to that post.

So should we all follow your example now? I really do wish I have been able to show my "true colors" towards you and other people like you.

Comment

Originally posted by hitite View Post
                      Its funny how you two fail to see the rascist remarks Crusader has made and prefer to focus on my reaction to his "all Turks are barbarians except a few" give-away.... When I told him that he was the type of Armenian that deserves some Turkish love and affection, the type of Armenian I meant was the rascist type... but clearly you dont have a problem with a rascist Armenian.. why do you associate yourself with him?

Phantom: Am I proving Crusaders point that all Turks are barbarian when I cuss at this rascist pig? If you think so then FU you too.
                      Hitite, you are not being honest as you are spinning and manipulating my words to label me a "rascist"

If you read my post, you would see that the word "barbarian" was put in quotes. I was simply quoting YOU from your former post (see below) where you sarcastically used that word.

Why is it that you can use that word sarcastically, but I cannot?

Your post:

Originally posted by hitite
                      Well I guess that explains the thousands of turks at hrant dinks funeral and the thousands that couldn't make it.

You guys are so outdated. Just continue living the comfort of your world where the Turk is the idiot who can't think past the government text books he has been fed and the Armenian is the embodiment of all things holy. Is it so difficult to live without the barbarian Turk image fixation?

My response
                      :

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
                      Like I said in my former post, "exeption to the rule".

How many turned out to Hrant's funeral. Maybe 100,000? (That's being generous, btw)

100,000 / 70,000,000 = .0014 of the population.

Even if you extrapolate this miniscule number and add to it the "thousands that couldn't make it" it would still be a small fraction of 1% of the Turkish population.

Moreover, why don't you mention the backlash from these "pro-Hrant" marches:

How about the counter protests in Trabzon (among many other places), full of the finatical nationalism the world is used to seeing in Turkey? "We are TURKS" was the motto of the day.
                      How about the popular folk singer who wrote a song praising the murder of Hrant? I heard it was a hit.
                      How about the policemen who proudly posed with the murderer, Ogun Samast?
                      How about the fact that article 301 was used to charge Hrant's son less than a year after his murder?

etc, etc, etc.

With all that said, if you are not like the vast majority of Turks (i.e. you are not a "barbarian"), then that's just great! But, don't come here and say Armenians are "outdated" to think the opposite...there is too much evidence against your view.

Btw, I thought you would enjoy a coulple of "tributes" to Hrant from some of your countrymen. There are many videos just like them on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUPS2b-1eDM

Your accusations are sloppy.

Comment

Working...
                      X