Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hey im New!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey im New!

Hi guys,, I am an Iranian from northern Iran (Tabriz) and am just new to these forum. I was wondering how the armenian people view iranians? I know there is tension between yourself and turk but how is between you and iranian.

Myself even though we are religiously different (I am not Muslim so i dont count :P) but i think that historically our countries have had great respect for one another, and i see that even today i have armenian friends, and my last name also armenian (Safavian) they are very nice to persian people and view us like cousins. So yeah i wanted to know how you guys is feeling toward us.

Thankyou, and sorry if i joined forum only for armenian.

Armenians are infinitely grateful of Iranians being the only open border willing to trade with Armenia. We don't mind that Iranians are Islamic; at least they do some honest trade without threatening to kill or disown us, unlike some other neighbors. Armenians are more distrustful of our Georgian neighbors, who are Christian, rather than Iranians.

Comment

Salam Arpad, welcome.

Iran is Armenia's favorite neighbor.. and Armenians have always had good relations with Persians. True, our religions are different, but so what? Our cultures are very similar... Many Armenians have lived in Iran for generations. My best friend is Persian.

Enjoy your stay...

Comment

Thankyou guys for your comments.
        I myself love armenian history, people, traditions etc., and am very sorry to what happend to you in early 1900's. I herd iran was mostly siding with Armenia in the azerbeijian Armenia conflict,, is this right?

Anyway i personally hope Iranian Armenian relations grow even stronger in the future, even if politicaly or the government was to ever have quarrel (which im sure will not happen) the people of our beutiful countries should continue to live side by side in peace and harmony.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpad
          Hi guys,, I am an Iranian from northern Iran (Tabriz) and am just new to these forum. I was wondering how the armenian people view iranians? I know there is tension between yourself and turk but how is between you and iranian.

Myself even though we are religiously different (I am not Muslim so i dont count :P) but i think that historically our countries have had great respect for one another, and i see that even today i have armenian friends, and my last name also armenian (Safavian) they are very nice to persian people and view us like cousins. So yeah i wanted to know how you guys is feeling toward us.

Thankyou, and sorry if i joined forum only for armenian.
          Hi Arpad,

This is not an Armenian only forum.
          I am an Iranian Armenian and have sent countless posts dealing with Iran in relation to Armenians and otherwise.

The Turkish speaking Iranians are just that, Iranians who as a result of circumstances were forced to abandon their language and adopted the language of the dominating invaders.

However, it is perfectly understandable that since parts of the Caucasus were under Iranian rule, the Turks of that region (leftovers of Oghuz, Aq Quyunlu and Qara Quyunlu) were also under heavy Iranian influence.
          Thus, the fact that they speak the same language and are also Shiites has also brought about a kind of kinship between Turkish speaking Iranians and these enemies of Iran.

To quote Luigi Villari from his observations of the region in the early 20th century:

"The Tartars having no civilization of their own, imitated that of Persia, just as the Turks adopted an imitation of Arab culture."

FIRE AND SWORD IN THE CAUCASUS by Luigi Villari, table of contents.

Note that they were called Tatars before 1918 and that was after the region fell under Russian rule. Before that these tribal nomads distinguished one another from the color of their sheep.

Just read some of the hateful posts of the Turkish posters. This is a cliché sample:

Originally posted by UKTurk
          The Turks of Southern Azerbaijan are waking up to the truth. As a Turk I support my brothers in their struggle against Iranian oppression. The Azeris are roughly half the Iranian population and in years to come they will consolidate their majority in Iran.

...“The creation of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic in the Northern Azerbaijan on some of Azerbaijani lands in 1918-1921, and its restoration…in 1991, does not mean that the Azerbaijan national liberation movement is over… The new stage will end with the creation and or restoration of a united Azerbaijani statehood. … Already [in Iran] there are active organizations, whose sole purpose is the state independence of the Azeri Turks.”

Abulfazl Elchibey(Ex-President of Azerbaijan)

I do not know your level of historic knowledge in the subject and I hope you won't mind me pointing to some articles that clarify the difference between the bugus nation calling itself "Azeri" and the Turkish speaking people of the Real Azarbaijan (Aturpatekan).

This website in Persian deals with the whole language issue. It has a huge number of Articles written by experts and historians old and new.

This article by the great scholar Enayatollah Reza is a summary of the whole "Azerbaijan" / Azarbaijan thing.

For more info I suggest you read his book (If you haven't):

اران ازدوران باستان تا آغاز حمله مغول

This 700+ page book is a masterpiece study full of references that proves beyond any iota of a doubt that Azarbaijan and Aghvank (Aran or the so called Albania of the Caucasus) were two completely separate entities throughout their history racially, culturally, linguisticly, religiously, etc. and that a nation called "Azeri" has never existed throughout human history.
          The bibliography of this book alone counts over 20 pages, containing 145 Islamic (Iranian and Arab) and 294 Armenian, Greek, Roman, German, French, Russian, etc. sources that include almost all historians of all nationalities, who have written about the region from antiquity till now.

To have an idea of Turkish appetite, do please read this great article about pan-turkism and the “Azeri” claims.

This is what I always paste when the Turks in this forum claim that Artsakh "belongs" to "Azeris" who were living there since hundred billion eons before the creation of the universe:

The bogus state calling itself "Azerbaijan", was artificially "founded" on Armenian territory in 1918 after a treacherous deal between the Ottomans and the Soviets.
          Later after a copulation between the Jew-Tatar Kemal and the Jew-Tatar Lenin, the newly liberated Republic of Armenia was once again cut into pieces and Nakhijevan and Artsakh were given to the bogus nation and Kars, Ardahan, Ardvin and Surmalu (including our sacred mountain, Ararat) were treacherously given to the Turks in 1921, without asking the opinion of the Armenians.

As far as the term Azari is concerned:
          Azari is a term used by Arab historians to describe the LANGUAGE of the people of the real Azarbaijan (Aturpatekan), north-west of Iran and ALWAYS south of the Arax River. It was a language of the PERSIAN family of languages called Pahlavi. The dialect spoken in Aturpatekan was called Pahlavi e Azari, to distinguish it from other Pahlavi dialects. Later when the people of Aturpatekan were forced to become speakers of Turkish, the word Azari was wrongly attributed to the Turkish dialect of these people, AND NEVER TO THE PEOPLE THEMSELVES.
          It is mainly as a result of a translation of the book called نامه دانشوران in Nassereddin Shah era that mistakenly used the word "the language of the Turks" for the translation of the term Al Azari from the main Arabic source that has created the Azari fallacy.

To sum it up, Arpad do NEVER forget that Iranians and Armenians are of the same race, I know that the Turks will immediately call this racist, but don't mind them. If you knew how many old Pahlavi words and names still exist in Armenian...

Here a selection:
          Nakharar, Aspet, Artavazd, Karen, Suren (Sorena), Anahit, Mher (Mehr, Mitra where the West got their Christmas from), Vagharshak (Velarsh), Varazdat (Vraz, Goraz), Artashes (Ardeshir) and Atrpatakan (Aturpatekan = the real Azarbaijan)
          Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
          II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
          III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
          IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

You are mad. the Cultures of Azeris is different from Persians and Armenians.
            Azeri Culture is like Turkish Culture and there is Also Turkic ethinic influences. Persian oppression against Azeris must stop.

Culture shapes nations. you even say Armenia and Persians are the same but what is different? they Langauge, Religion => its all about the Culture man! Persian Facism against Azeris is too much they dont want to be controlled by Persian Nationalism.

Arabic is a Language, Persian is a sweetmeat, Turkish is an Art. (Old Persian proverb)

Comment

Arpad, check the hateful posts of this walking Human Civilization-deficiency Virus.

Of course, you'll be wasting your precious time, but you'll see the level of their hatred of everything Iranian and Armenian.

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
              II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Hey arpad. you shouldnt say northern Iran you should calll it southern Azerbaijan. you are from southern Azerbaijan. you are not controlled by Persian Chauvinism anymore. DOnt worry you will be liberated.

Arabic is a Language, Persian is a sweetmeat, Turkish is an Art. (Old Persian proverb)

Comment

xxxx Off

Originally posted by Turanist
                  Hey arpad. you shouldnt say northern Iran you should calll it southern Azerbaijan. you are from southern Azerbaijan. you are not controlled by Persian Chauvinism anymore. DOnt worry you will be liberated.
                  Get the xxxx out of this forum and eat "Azeri" xxxx and die you blood-thisty, self-righteous, genocidal, fascist, pan-turkist gray wolf.

Comment

hey man , my mother is azeri, her friends are azeri, we know heaps of other azeri's and they all from iran and they all view themsleve as iranian. Azeris were always there in Iran the only change is that of there language. I dont mind or care about what the people of republic of Azerbaijian, but please dont bring your pan-turanic ideas to people of iran. we are iranian and not facist or whatever you say. Just go and ask iranian azeri people and they'll tell you. In north of irani mostly they are azeri and they are same as irani they only speak turkic with one another, but then againe just because they do so they are not turkic peoples, they are iranic people and proud of it unlike there cousins in the northern repulic. My father is orignially back lur from iran and he married azeri, they have no worries and live side by side.

"Persian Facism against Azeris is too much they dont want to be controlled by Persian Nationalism."

What is this stupid talk? are you azeri from iran? do you live in iran?
                    This is turanic behaviour i have seen everywere, even your name says it so obviously you are ingulfed in these extreame ideas and only work to make disunity in our country.

well please dont mind our country, you dont see me saying that you government oppression of kurdish people? and that kurds will break away? I f azeris really wanted there own nation they would go on and move to azerbaijia republic,, wonder why thet dont? because they are happy and living fine. Until people like you come and put rubbish in their ears.

So please stop and do not talk about persian nationalism because unlike you turks we have a history of toleration of different peoples and cultures ( go read about Cyrus the Great)

Comment

Working...
                    X